McGladrey LLP Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jan 2015
Updated 13 Jan 2015

2.4

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Standard interview process. First round--on campus. Second round--office visit with three interviewers.

It's important to make a good impression at events during the pre-interview stage. Getting to know the firm and the people handling recruiting at career fairs and social events goes a long way towards doing well during more formal interviews. I had already established a good report with my first-round interviewer at prior events, so the actual interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were mainly behavioral.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

A pre-interview social the day before the interview. Mainly just talking to the tax manager and taz director about just anything in general. It was just a social event to see if you were able to carry on conversations. The next day was the on campus interview with the Tax director for 30 minutes. The HR and a greeter will be there to talk to you before the interview. The interview was really conversational with not a single behavioral question. It made me question how they really evaluate you as a candidate. They basically just hire the person they like I guess. The interview was enjoyable and the interview ended up went 20 minutes over time because I was the last one to be interviewed. I did not get a invitation to the second round interview and I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mcgladrey?
      Why Tax?
      Are you going to be in the area?

1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (South Florida, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

First round on campus interview was very laid back and conversational. On site visit consisted of three 30 minute interviews that were all very casual and conversational as well. Everyone at the firm was very approachable and made an effort to make you feel comfortable. Heard from the firm same day as the office visit. Overall very easy, relaxed process.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

First round on-campus. Second round pre-interview dinner and then 4 1/2 hours at the office the next day, which included a company presentation, 3 one-on-one interviews with managers and directors, and lunch with staff at the end. Everyone there was friendly. However, not sure how they picked the people who got offers in the end. Perhaps based on a better cultural fit or a higher degree (MST?)

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. Mostly wanted to get to know you. Will definitely ask why McGladrey and why tax.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. Most of the interviewers were only trying to get to know me better, and they hardly asked me any questions. I talked to three different interviewers, and the interview took a total of two hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were a leader. Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially connected with McGladrey through 'Meet the Firms' event on campus. I applied through the campus career center for an on-campus interview with the firm, which required a resume, a cover letter, and an unofficial transcript. Within about a week, I was notified that I was selected for an interview. I had a 1:1 (30 minute) on-campus interview with a manager (who I had met at the 'Meet the Firms' event), which consisted of a few work experience and behavioral questions.

Approximately 2-3 weeks later, I was notified via e-mail that I was invited for an Office Visit. The night before the Office Visit, the firm hosted a 'Pre-Interview Mixer' at a local restaurant, where candidates had the opportunity to meet more professionals. The Office Visit consisted of three 1:1 (30 minute) interviews. I interviewed with a Director, a Partner, then a Manager. The interviewers spent about 15 minutes asking behavioral questions, and left the rest of the time for me to ask any questions I had (about the firm, the public accounting field, their career, etc.). Be prepared with questions!

After the interviews, the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch with an Associate and a Senior, where we had the opportunity to ask any last questions about the firm. Two days later I received a call with an offer from the Partner that I interviewed with. Overall, the process was very organized and enjoyable. Everyone who I interviewed with was very engaging and seemed happy to work at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McGladrey (as opposed to another mid-tier or a Big Four firm)?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume and other application materials online, I was invited to the office for an interview. There were several other candidates visiting the office that same day. I had two interviews, each 30 minutes long. I spoke with a Manager and a Partner in Tax. The questions they asked were conversational, mainly dealing with my work style and experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how comfortable I am doing research and using my findings practically.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I had not previously done any networking with the company. I was asked to come in on a Wednesday to have two 1/2-hour interviews. Each was one-on-one with a Tax professional (not with HR). Some HR folks gave a presentation about the company, as well. I also took a tour of the office. I had my offer by Friday (same week).