McKesson

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.7

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at McKesson.

It is important for anyone interviewing to know about "targeted selection" process. They are trying to see if you hit the target - meaning describe how you can do the job.

Legal Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

After three months and 9 interviews - (3 phone interviews/6 in person) and hours spent following up with them: they decided they were going to cancel the position and not hire anyone. I have heard other people that I know say that it was a 6 month interview process for them before they were told they were not going forward with the position. Don't waste your time on Mckesson.

Product Manager Interview

20 minute screening interview then referred to the main internal recruiter. Screener said cannot guarantee the next recruiter would contact me but she would recommend me. Waiting to see if I get to the next step.

Sales Representative Interview

Takes about 3 weeks. People were friendly, up front, gracious and sort of busy doing their jobs, so there was a good mix of interaction. Culture seems more in the passing time mode than actually looking enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to work with a difficult customer that was faced with a difficult buying decision on one of our products?   Answer Question

Things were working out that I was going to have to move on another job more quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

The whole process lasted for a month and a half. I interviewed with 2 team leaders over the phone then interviewed with a hiring manager. We talked more about C#, Java, .Net and Agile/Scrum.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a lot of questions regarding agile and scrum   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

very professional .when I met my manager we discussed goals and objectives and what my steps would be to achieve the same.from start to finish there was no doubt I was the person for the position

Software Engineer Interview

Implement a Queue using a stack. Win32 API questions, Red black trees, What is LPARAM, WPARAM. How would you describe yourself ? Do you like working in a team/by yourselves? Biggest challenge you faced, strengths and weaknesses ?

Breast Pump Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

After working with a staffing agency, I had a 15 minute phone call with their recruiter and was scheduled for an interview the next week. Upon arriving, the front desk was empty and the doors to the office were locked. About ten minutes after the interview was scheduled to begin, someone finally came to the desk to let me in. The interview was quick and very standard.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask any difficult questions. They were looking for someone very organized and efficient.   Answer Question

Declined due to salary offered.

Call Center QA Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Two interviews total — phone screening and an on-site interview. I received an email from a recruiter several days after applying for the position followed by a phone screening before the end of the week. An on-site interview was scheduled for the following week in a group panel interview setting with the Operations QA Supervisor and several members of the QA team. I do not recall specific questions but they were related to experiences as a QA Analyst with the final question being a 3-parter. Job offer was accepted and included a standard drug test and background check prior to being hired.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McKesson.

typical if in sales, want results and documentation, will interview with at least two managers, process is relatively easy and hiring can take anywhere from one month to two months.

Interview Questions
    • always the same question, why are you leaving your current company...   Answer Question
    minimal negotiation