McKesson

Updated 13 Feb 2015
Updated 13 Feb 2015

2.7

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in February 2015.

Received a screening interview fairly quickly. All the questions were very general based on work history. Recruiter said because I was an internal referral, I would get a call back from the head recruiter or even pushed to the hiring manager. Didn't hear back for a week and when I followed up - I didn't get the rejection email for another few days.

Interview Questions
    • Did you graduate college? How much experience do you have with pivot tables? (This was emphasized greatly.)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Initial over the phone interview. Said I would go on but took two months to set up next interview. Lots of follow-up on my end. Then about two weeks for additional interviews until offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions were asked during the process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interviews were two rounds, phone screen with HR & in-person. Phone screen was approximately an hour, and was more intense than most typical phone screens. Big focus on graduate education, problem-solving and dealing with ambiguity. Followed up within a week to schedule in-person interviews at SF HQ. Included five 1:1 interviews with a variety of members from the team as well as the SVP. More relaxed than the phone screen, a few interviewers were late and one had to cancel.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary - standard behavioral / situational questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

The interview process was very intensive - with 6 interviews in total. The feedback and the interaction with the recruiter/company during the process was fantastic. I never had to wait more than a few hours without receiving an update on the process. Once the position was offered, there was a normal background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired but then never NO further direction, at all, how would you spend your first 90 days   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate slightly higher than was originally offered.

Legal Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

After three months and 9 interviews - (3 phone interviews/6 in person) and hours spent following up with them: they decided they were going to cancel the position and not hire anyone. I have heard other people that I know say that it was a 6 month interview process for them before they were told they were not going forward with the position. Don't waste your time on Mckesson.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at McKesson.

It is important for anyone interviewing to know about "targeted selection" process. They are trying to see if you hit the target - meaning describe how you can do the job.

Market Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

very professional .when I met my manager we discussed goals and objectives and what my steps would be to achieve the same.from start to finish there was no doubt I was the person for the position

Product Manager Interview

20 minute screening interview then referred to the main internal recruiter. Screener said cannot guarantee the next recruiter would contact me but she would recommend me. Waiting to see if I get to the next step.

Sales Representative Interview

Takes about 3 weeks. People were friendly, up front, gracious and sort of busy doing their jobs, so there was a good mix of interaction. Culture seems more in the passing time mode than actually looking enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to work with a difficult customer that was faced with a difficult buying decision on one of our products?   Answer Question

Things were working out that I was going to have to move on another job more quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

The whole process lasted for a month and a half. I interviewed with 2 team leaders over the phone then interviewed with a hiring manager. We talked more about C#, Java, .Net and Agile/Scrum.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a lot of questions regarding agile and scrum   Answer Question