Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2014
Updated 26 Oct 2014

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had one phone interview and an on site. The process was long. On site interview was hard, met with a lot of people, a lot of technical questions. They like talking about polymer degradation issue in their applications, seem to doubt that I'm not ready to transition from the academia.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of general polymer questions (the position was in the materials group). Nothing too difficult but you have to be prepared.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Great communication and interview experience. Applied online with employee referral and got a call to set up an interview shortly after. Interview was short and sweet, I had a great conversation with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult technical questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Contractor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Medtronic.

The second interview for a second position: I interviewed for the same position I had already very successfully done but in another department. Those I had worked for previously gave me rave recommendations. (I wish THAT department would rehire me!). I was told by the agent they wanted someone "yesterday" and would hire immediately. In all fairness, it seems that the opening I interviewed for just disappeared or never was. No other agent I work with ever saw it in the vendor WO portal. A very professional 20 or 30 something very cordially interviewed me watching the clock to keep me there the full hour; other than that, I thought the interview went well. Did not get the job, either because there was no job, or because I made a negative comment about a work tool, or because I am very obviously middle aged.

I had 2 interviews for temp positions both within six months of their not honoring a (at-will) "contract".
    The first one was a telephone interview, that I thought went well, but no offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about how (an internal) organizational tool works?   View Answer

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

i met a recruiter at an industry trade show and began talking with him about specific roles in the company where I might be a good fit. After a phone screen to talk about my background and what I was looking for, he presented some opportunities that he would like to submit my information for. I was selected for an in-person interview and had 3 different rounds with a group of 3 interviewers twice and then an interview with the hiring manager. They use the STAR method and asked specific questions related to the company mission.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate quality throughout your organization and answer using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Director of Training Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic.

Went through a pre-screening interview with HR and then an interview with a manager and then an executive. The first two parts were relatively normal and uneventful. However, the executive was a terrible experience and turned me off from the company.

Interview Questions
    • What personal projects do you have that would contribute to your work?   Answer Question

Interview with the executive was a terrible experience. She was scattered, unfocused and would not answer my questions. In addition, she was complaining about work she had to do on some unrelated project. That interview experience turned me off from Medtronic completely, especially since she is an executive that is supposed to lead.

Start Right Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic.

You are hired as a contractor first. It realistically takes between a year and a year and a half to be converted to full time. Initial interview is a phone interview, then you are brought in for an in person interview. It took about a week and a half from start to finish. However, this is because the department was being built up. It may take longer now.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. What's the last mistake you made? What is your communication style? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Applied through the company website but was contacted by a recruiter. About a thirty minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew out for face-to-face with hiring manager and a few regulatory directors and managers. It took about a day and went to lunch with people on the team. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Diagnostics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2014.

A recruiter from Medtronic called me and said my qualifications were great and wanted to set up an immediate interview the following week. Without any further information, I accepted.... afterall, I thought, this is MEDTRONIC. The hiring manager and recruiter both knew that I lived about 3 hours from the interview location. I showed up, went through the ENTIRE interview, only to find out at the end of the interview that this position was for a 30k base, 75k at plan. Please note, my resume clearly states my qualifications to FAR exceed this type of position. In fact, I have not been recruited for any position, for less than a 100k base, 200k at plan position in years. Upon the onset of the interview, I advised the hiring manager of my income expectations. At this point, any ethical (or common sense) manager would have informed me that I was over qualified. Instead, he tried to "sell" me on the product and how "real" sales reps are the ones that accept low bases and "work hard" for high paying commissions. No matter how you slice it, 75k is entry level. A 30k base, is for kids out of college! I wasted 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. This has, however, taught me a valuable lesson..... Dear Medtronic, you are completely delusional if you truly believe that "real" sales people are those that live on 30k base, and scrounge for commissions. The fact that you clearly hide the income expectations from the start, shows how unethical and cowardly you are. CAR SALESMAN make this type of income. I write this review.... as I feel it is my duty to warn all those who are naive about Medtronic as I once was. Run away! Any medical company that would pay a 30k base to a medical sales rep is one that does not respect their team. Once I was advised of the earning potential, I quickly ended the interview so that I could make the 3 hour trek home. Thanks Medtronic!

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your employment history   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Initial communication was via phone with the man responcible for the region. After that came the first of four interviews with. The last was with the country ceo in which we agreed about the terms and salary.
    Big con was the fact that they were more intersted about the character of the candidate, than the experience in the same or similar work field

Interview Questions
    • Difficult in a way that has an easy answer but you have to be pretty sure before you give one.
      "Are you willing to give 120% to the company?"
        Answer Question