Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015
Updated 10 Apr 2015

2.8

General Manager Interview

Interview

nice and easy. just have to let it out of your throat. the first 5minutes you were thrilled by the intense of this interview but as time goes if you present yourself in a great manner it'll be easier to let the words out of your mouth. and that's of course be there and prepared! nothing comes out easy when you're not being ready for the things you love or desire, right~

PMD TFA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Friendly interaction. Most questions relate back to the preliminary business plan: Where do you see your business in 3 years, why ML, what are three reasons a client would work with you? And then a few personality questions. Important to remember a copy of the business plans as well as resume in case interviewer needs another copy.

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Applied online through college job site. Got an email from the recruiting team to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes. The interview had basic behavioral questions and nothing was out of the ordinary. Got an email two weeks after phone interview saying I didn't get the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with three interviewers on the phone. They were all very nice. They only interviewed 4 candidates for one slot. I did not get an offer, but they called me back afterwards and told me I had a great interview and hope I apply to work for them in the future.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little big about yourself
      2. How do you feel you contribute to a team?
      3. Do you like being a leader or follower better?
      4. What skill sets do you feel you offer?
      5. What differentiates you from the other candidates?

Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with recruiter; once I passed the screening interview, an in-person interview with the hiring team was scheduled for the following week; this second interview has not yet happened

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

It was a phone interview by the administrative manager. She explained the basic job requirements for the position of account opening, find solutions for CAs and FAs, and they have constant training on the different systems. Also explained the office organization and the team that the position will be working closely with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I exchanged emails with VP and he decided to give me a phone interview. Interview was about 45 mi and was very casual. He was curious to see if I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and what valuation method do you use to analyze companies?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter for a phone interview. After phone interview, I was sent paperwork, basically U-4 type questions, and asked to fill it out and return it. The next step will be for them to set me up with an interview with the branch or team that is looking to hire.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The interview process was not that difficult they asked more about my past experience and my project work which i have done so far?
    They also asked about different ways of investing money in market and why is it important to do that?

Registered Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and was scheduled for an interview before I had even put in an application online. I had three interviews in quick succession (branch manager, the department supervisor, and then the team you will be joining). After that you go through the background check, finger printing, etc. From start to offer letter the whole process took about a week.

The first interview is just a "get to know each other" thing. No tough questions, just a test of chemistry and a conversation to make sure you speak intelligently and will fit in with the work atmosphere. Second interview was a little more traditional, but still conversational. Third interview was very typical traditional "where do you want to be in 5 years" type of stuff.

BTW, I noticed on this site that when it comes to ML you are either hired immediately or you're SOL. If you're waiting more than two weeks to hear anything I'd move on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you let a client down and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer