Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
Updated 23 Oct 2014

2.8

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I used an online application process after my uni made me aware of the opportunity. Submitted my cover letter, resume, and transcript and I got a call within a couple of weeks. Three more phone interviews and countless emails later, they extended an offer, non-negotiable. I happily accepted. Process was quick, easy, and pleasant (for an internship in the financial services industry, that is).

Global Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The interviewers were friendly and cordial. Nothing too challenging was asked. They mainly asked questions pertaining to my interest in investing. Other questions included tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, why do you want to work for Merrill Lynch

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too unexpected. I would be prepared to answer questions regarding your interest in wealth management.   Answer Question

Business Interview

The interview process was pretty typical. I went through my past experiences, what i'd like to do for the future, discussed my strengths and weaknesses.

The over all process was fairly straight forward and they were very responsive.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe would be the most difficult for you working at Merrill Lynch.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

Very intensive interview and what's most important to success is you already have a book to bring in. Otherwise, they won't consider you as a good fit. It's a good chat with the managing director, considering they are super busy with their clients.

Interview Questions
    • what people you know that can be your potential clients?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Three interviewers were in one room, asking one by one. They introduced themselves as associates and vice presidents. First start off by 'walk me through your resume' and then asking questions that are relevant to your resume. For example, 'why did you work at company A?' and 'how did you like it?'

Market Risk Interview

First round interview: Go through my resume especially for some of the projects I did.
    Then they asked me concept of VAR CVA and what are different methods to calculate VAR, what is their difference. Why American call option will not be early excercised? how about American put?
    Not very difficult, but i did not answer them well.

Client Associate Interview

The hiring process took about 5 weeks as there were a lot of applicants, but it was a good experience. I interviewed with the Client Relationship Manager and a bunch of Financial Advisors. Everyone I met in the interview was pretty easy going and polite.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was behavioral. Nothing about markets or investing.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Only interviewed with Complex Director and some of the Financial Advisors. I had three separate meetings over a 2 week period. The total interview process has changed. It was a much less complicated process and much more informal.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to develop a natural market in 3 years   Answer Question

Card Services Specialist Interview

The process was longer than it needed to be, they are 3 different interviewing meeting, and finally you are hired through a recruiter. The interview process is fairly easy, just be yourself.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2014.

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Recruiter set me up with an interview in which I iwll meet the Senior Training Advisor and the Director