MetLife

Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.7

Director Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife.

First the HR round, then depending on the process type there would be a voice round if not then direct with the concerned process Manager or AM available if yes then with a V&A trainer and then the process Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Hope you would not be taking or asking for leaves for at least 6 months.?   View Answer
    Yes i was ready to negotiate as when I had joined they had just flourished as an individual company. However, now since its being single there has been major cost cuttings in salary. So it might be difficult getting the required or wished package.

Call Centre Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife in December 2012.

interview is fine until they decide that they dont want u.The people hired in hr of this company are useless and dont know how to treat people or even dispose people when they are not needed

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

Very Easy. Ist round will be written followed by Typing test. 2nd round would be manager round where they asked about your previous exp.3rd round will be with HR for Negotiation

Interview Questions
    • Excel test was little hard but if you worked on it then easy to clear   Answer Question

Insurance Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetLife in September 2010.

It was just like any other entry level BPO interview.
    Interview results were given within a day so did not have to wait much.
    Nothing negative.if you have moderate skills you can crack the entry level interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetLife in August 2010.

First of all i cleared the insurance test in New Delhi which was conducted by LIC of India.
    After clearing,interview session was organised.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife in April 2008.

got interview offer from staffing agent, thn got a telephonic interview ,call for 1:1 interview thn HR round for salary negotiation & back ground verification. Finally was offered the job which was accepted by me.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Maharashtra
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Maharashtra

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MetLife in February 2008.

Firstly the agency manager take my interview than trainer than hr above all the GM was take personally and than finally i got a call fom Metlife fo the fullfilling all my docs and proofs.

Programmer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetLife.

Applying to MetLife or An American HORROR Story PART TWO
    (Please read Part One)

Part Three:
    Received email from HR after submitting application. ....they might've fixed up the email template by this time, I don't remember. In the email, the HR person offered a date and time for an interview that wasn't good for me. I replied to the email and offered a window that worked better for me. I offered a 3-hour negotiable time frame (I said I was available Tuesday between 3 and 6) and asked the HR person to let me know what time works best for her. No response, she just went ahead and called at 3 on Tuesday. I wasn't expecting the call and I wasn't home at the time. I called her back, left a message with the hope of rescheduling the interview. No call back, apparently the Human Resources person's time is too precious to be a helpful resource to Humans.
    Part Four: Applied for a position with the MetLife Technical University program. Initial phone interview went great (it was a different person than the HR person associated with the first three scenarios). The next part of the process was an online assessment. It was a general aptitude test/
    No problem, I've taken them before and I was confident.....Well, I was confident until I took the test. The company that Metlife chose to perform the test is based in the UK. No big deal, right? No, not until I got to the section on converting measurements and money. Since it was a UK based assessment, the units were metric and the money was in pound notes. I wasn't too fluent with kilometers and I've never used pound notes, shillings, or pence in monetary transactions, so I had trouble. There were word problems like: "If Ian wants to travel from North Devonshire to Glastonbury within a fortnight, and travels at a rate of 35 kilometers per hour on the M1..." (OK, I might be exaggerating with that example). I also had trouble computing the number of shillings in a pound note and how many kilometers it would take to travel from Picadilly Square to the Prime Minister's office.
    Surprisingly, I passed the assessment and was sent an email to complete an application and select a date and time for a face-to-face interview. The email stated I would receive a confirmation email with location and directions once the application was received. I completed the application the same day, selected the time that worked best for me and eagerly awaited my reply. (Can you guess what happens next?) Nothing. No email confirmation. The company isn't very good on providing phone numbers for the HR dept. and the website didn't have any HR contact info. I called the person whom I had the initial phone interview with, left a VM to find out what's going on, but never heard back.

OK, if I don't get a job there that's fine, but I would like to know who do I contact at MetLife to get compensation for all the time and effort I WASTED on your stupid asinine application process(es), completing applications on your buggy website, dealing with your incompetent HR staff, and completing your ridiculous online test. Tell me upfront if you don't want to hire me or if you have reservations. Don't make me waste my time on all this junk. I've got better things to do
    And you have the nerve to use Snoopy as part of your logo!

Interview Questions
    • Online assessment test asking questions involving kilograms, kilometers and English pound notes was confusing.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Panel.interview. Basic scenario questions. .tell me about a time when....They were specific about when they would be making their decision and it I received a call about the time they specified. Overall one the easier interviews ive had.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to help someone else with an assignment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview involved answering a text book case study question which I was totally unprepared for. I don't expect to be called back. Apparently, interview is in 2 steps. First technical, then behavioral. If u dont make the first part, you wont be called for the behavioural