MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Training Interview

Director Training
Noida

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details First the HR round, then depending on the process type there would be a voice round if not then direct with the concerned process Manager or AM available if yes then with a V&A trainer and then the process Manager.

Interview Question – Hope you would not be taking or asking for leaves for at least 6 months.?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes i was ready to negotiate as when I had joined they had just flourished as an individual company. However, now since its being single there has been major cost cuttings in salary. So it might be difficult getting the required or wished package.

Call Centre Representative Interview

Call Centre Representative
Noida

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife in December 2012.

Interview Details interview is fine until they decide that they dont want u.The people hired in hr of this company are useless and dont know how to treat people or even dispose people when they are not needed

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Administration Interview

Administration
Calcutta

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife in April 2008.

Interview Details got interview offer from staffing agent, thn got a telephonic interview ,call for 1:1 interview thn HR round for salary negotiation & back ground verification. Finally was offered the job which was accepted by me.

Interview Question – Why you want a change in job?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Jaipur, Maharashtra

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MetLife in February 2008.

Interview Details Firstly the agency manager take my interview than trainer than hr above all the GM was take personally and than finally i got a call fom Metlife fo the fullfilling all my docs and proofs.

Interview Question – Why sales   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Ghaziabad

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in August 2010.

Interview Details First of all i cleared the insurance test in New Delhi which was conducted by LIC of India.
After clearing,interview session was organised.

Interview Question – How are you?   View Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
West Warwick, RI (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

Interview Details I went through a temp agency for this position. I never really spoke with MetLife other than for my interview. I had never dealt with a temp agency in my life, so I am not sure if that is how it typically goes.
Anyways, I had to talk to the recruited for a good 45 minutes on the phone. He took down lots of personal information, and set me up with an interview.
When I arrived for my interview, I had to wait a long time. Probably the longest I've ever waited.
I was then interviewed by two gentlemen at the same time. They asked some of the hardest questions I had ever been asked, some of which I think I could have done better on.
I would say there were easily 20 long answer questions.
They told me a bit about the position, and then I heard back from my recruiter a week later that I had the job.
I wasn't planning on taking the job, because I would be leaving my current job without any notice.
I didn't like that MetLife wanted the start date to be in a little over a week,
However, they changed the date, and it gave me about 16 days.
I put the two weeks in at my job, under the impression that everything was set.
To only find out they had to call all my former employers still, I had to fill out and fax 27 pages to Florida!
Then 4 days before I'm supposed to start, I get a call "Oh we can't verify one of your employers, we need a w2" Mind you I had recently moved and my house was upside down!
After hunting and hunting I finally found the paper.
I then asked "Will I be ready to start this Monday? (It's Thursday) They ignore my question in the e-mail and respond with something unrelated. (this is temp agency)
So I call up and I say "Hi do you know if I will be all set to start Monday? I need to know where and who to report to,"
They were very rude and told me they couldn't confirm a start date yet because they were still waiting for everyone to get their paper work in! ...Oh that's nice, three days till I start and you're telling me this now?
So I am polite and just hang up the phone... But I start getting anxious, that I am going to be without a job come Monday!
So I send one more e-mail saying "Hello I know you said you don't have a definite start date, but I am wondering if you have an idea? I may pick up some days at my current job because I can't be without pay."
I basically got another rude response.
So at that point I asked my current job if I could just continue working there for at least a week, and I was lucky enough that they said yes.
Less than 3 hours later, I get another call telling me to report Monday morning, as previously scheduled.
I was livid! I just signed up for hours at my job that has been loyal to me and the only reason I was leaving was I needed more pay. If I reported Monday I'd be leaving my current employer flat!
I spoke with the manager at my current job told her a brief explanation and she offered to give me my position back as they hadn't found anyone to fill it.
I was very happy about that, and glad I didn't have to work for a company that was so unorganized that they didn't have any idea about a start date that was happening in 3 days!
I was mad that I had wasted so much time doing paper work, interviews, drug tests, competency tests... Getting forms notarized ect...
I do honestly think a lot of the blame was on the Temp agency too though.
I wrote them a letter on Saturday, telling them I wouldn't be coming in Monday because I had signed up for hours at my current job and couldn't leave them flat. I apologized and thanked them for all their help and consideration.
I never got a response, only a call before they had read the e-mail asking me why I didn't show...

Interview Question – What is your biggest weaknesses?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were highly unorganized, didn't respect the general "two week notice" courtesy, It was also a temp position, and talking with two previous employees, I found out the contracts are rarely renewed,

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Interview Details A HR called and send email for a software developer position. Classic HR questions; information about yourself, why do you want to work at MetLife. How much you were making in your last job etc. Turns out some other outsourced HR calls you back from Infusion. This HR asks similar question just like first HR. Waste of time. HR asks pre-selected scripted question. The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience. It seems Infusion wants to hire their own friends or employees. This location has a very high off-shore [INDIA] component and also a very high attrition as they are in a massive hiring phase to meet the 1,200 employee quota to get their tax benefits from the state and Cary. So they fire first than hire. Hence, massive hiring, no investment in the person they are hiring. Finally, very very low salary for the area.

Don’t waste your time. Look somewhere else with better opportunities.

Interview Question – The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Out dated technologies, limited advancement, disorganized it structure.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted through email that they would like to set up a phone screening. Went through the phone screening and assessment and was scheduled for a 1:1 interview about a week later. The interview was filled with behavioral questions ie. tell about a time that you turned a bad situation into a good one. Interview only lasted about 15 minutes and I was told that I would receive information about the next steps in a few days. Two days later I received a call stating that they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Explain a time that you had to prepare for a stretch goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The was no room for negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at MetLife

Interview Details Phone screen with HR dept, then brought in to meet with junior team members. A second return interview was with Sr. Vice President. It took a while to hear back from them, even with follow up emails and calls expressing my interest in the job.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   View Answer

International Technical Analyst Interview

International Technical Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details I had applied for the job online through their website.

After a month, I was called by the HR Specialist for a phone screening round.

Within a weeks time I was called for three in-person interviews at the New York office.

All three interviews were on the same day. Each interview was timed 30 minutes.

In first and third interview I was asked basic questions. The second interview was technical.

Interview Question – In the second interview, I was asked to solve a costing problem taking the current inflation rate into consideration.   View Answer

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!