MetLife

223 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Training Interview

Noida

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details First the HR round, then depending on the process type there would be a voice round if not then direct with the concerned process Manager or AM available if yes then with a V&A trainer and then the process Manager.

Interview Question – Hope you would not be taking or asking for leaves for at least 6 months.?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes i was ready to negotiate as when I had joined they had just flourished as an individual company. However, now since its being single there has been major cost cuttings in salary. So it might be difficult getting the required or wished package.

Call Centre Representative Interview

Call Centre Representative
Noida

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife in December 2012.

Interview Details interview is fine until they decide that they dont want u.The people hired in hr of this company are useless and dont know how to treat people or even dispose people when they are not needed

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Administration Interview

Calcutta

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife in April 2008.

Interview Details got interview offer from staffing agent, thn got a telephonic interview ,call for 1:1 interview thn HR round for salary negotiation & back ground verification. Finally was offered the job which was accepted by me.

Interview Question – Why you want a change in job?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Jaipur, Maharashtra

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MetLife in February 2008.

Interview Details Firstly the agency manager take my interview than trainer than hr above all the GM was take personally and than finally i got a call fom Metlife fo the fullfilling all my docs and proofs.

Interview Question – Why sales   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Ghaziabad

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in August 2010.

Interview Details First of all i cleared the insurance test in New Delhi which was conducted by LIC of India.
After clearing,interview session was organised.

Interview Question – How are you?   View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details Got a call from a recruiter very polite and professional asking for a one-on-one interview which I accepted. The first interview went well and was asked to take the online assessment, which was rather outdated and long and to me seemed somewhat irrevalnt to the position at hand. I declined a second interview based on my acceptance of another job

Interview Question – A lot of question about driving customers   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasnt what I wanted to do

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Durham, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online via Metlife Portal.I was contacted by a recruiter after that.After initial talks I was routed via a 3rd party who does tech interview with Metlife.After those interview rounds i was provided with an offer.The tech interview was simple.A mix of technical and behavioral questions.It was followed by a management round where behavioral evaluation was done via senior leadership team.The interview process was smooth.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral(Except technical interview).Technical interview was simple with very less focus on current job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low Salary
Low visibility of the job and the responsibilities.
Extremely long hiring process.

Financial Representative Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2010.

Interview Details The process was an active bait and switch method. The recruiter made warranties that were not meant or met. There was a social dinner and then a series of meetings that only postponed the start of compensation but required time and money. The recruiter admitted years later that the pitch was exaggerated. The culture of abuse started at the interview because the comments described a strategy detached from the reality. They use the Snoopy logo to lull people to believe their hype.

Interview Question – Why do you want the opportunity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was totally one-sided. It was take it or leave it and bait and switch with very little candor.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details Very Slow in response... used third party for technical round....

Interview Question – Why are you changing jobs in just 2 YEARS   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Client Service Representative Interview

West Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in September 2011.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend online. A third party HR company does the phone screening. Phone screening was easy, just went over position, current background/education. They then contact you for an actual interview about a week later. The interview for a CSR is conducted by a supervisor or an Annuity Analyst. The interview was very simply. Mostly behavioral questions but none that required a complex answer.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. I found the interview to be surprising simplistic compared to other companies. I guess just the standard, "What is your biggest weakness?" is the most challenging question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation. I was right out of college and this was an entry level position into MetLife.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife interview questions and advice. All 223 interview reviews are posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.