Microsoft

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details I did an interview with Microsoft through recruiting at my university. I was offered a first interview based off of my cover letter and resume. The interview was about 30 minutes, quite relaxed. I suggest not wearing a suit, my interviewer commented on the fact that he liked that I didn't wear one (business casual instead).

Interview Question – How many diapers does America go through in one month (market sizing question)? If I was an Eskimo, how would you sell me ice cream?   View Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview consisted of an on campus interview that was behavioral and very conversational

Interview Question – Name a product that you think is marketed poorly   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview Details The first round was held at our univeristy's career center and was a very short 30min 1:1 interview. Very casual, we talked about our backgrounds and then the interviewer proceeded to ask me a couple questions. 1) why microsoft and 2) favorite microsoft product + how would you improve this product (hint: they are looking for the marketing mix in your response)

2nd round was in seattle. I was in the hotel for 2 nights but only one day of interviews. Interviewed with three separate people for 1:1 interviews. We also had a group dinner which was very informal, and some of the interviewers were there (only 1 of my 3 showed up). THe interviews themselves all followed the same format - very behavioral based. Informal and the interviewers were very nice and caring. I had a great impression of Microsoft, their offices, people, and the way they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft Videos

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft Associate Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.