Microsoft

Average Difficulty
153 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2013.

Interview Details Written Test, Online Coding, F2F

Interview Question – About Database querying.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details First round was purely algorithms and their improvisions. Did well in this round.
Questions ranged from sorting to graphs to searching.
Second round was interview, asked me to code and design algorithms, didnt do well, so couldnt go ahead

Interview Question – Design an algorithm for a least fuel in car scenario   Answer Question

Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2013.

Interview Details Multiple rounds spanning over few months. Shortlisting after each round. First round had about 15-20 objective questions to test really basic skills in 1 hour. Second round consists of coding on 2-3 given problems in 1 hour. Next up is phone interview in which they might ask puzzles or other computer science questions. Finally 2 face-to-face interviews with increasing level of difficulty and shortlisting too. Interviews consist of both questions testing your skill and also related to your background and resume.

Interview Question – Nothing as such. Had good amount of discussion over my projects and resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. They disclose the offer details much later on. However joining dates are flexible.

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details Online Programming Test > Written Test > Interview Round 1 > Interview Round 2 > Interview Round 3

Interview Question – Why you wanted to do Intern at MSIDC?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the work profile.

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details the interview was all about logical questions.

Interview Question – sort a doubly linked list   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details They came for campus placements.Almost all of IT and CSE dept took the initial round where we had to answer 20 MCQ questions online.Out of around 150 students, 50 were selected for the next coding round.In the coding round we wrote online code( non-compiled) . There were 5 questions...4 very average problems and one designing question.It was pretty easy overall.About 30 were selected.Next we had to go for an interview.Here again we faced a design question.It was easy as well.The question was in an office we had an obsolete printer and there were many computers that would use it.To design a helpful system such that the printer could be used.Here again around 15 was selected.

After that there was a one-on-one interview 2 questions were asked.
1. In a list there only one repeating element.Output that element.(Simple hash implementation)
2.2nd largest number in an array.(Without sorting)
And then they asked few C++ questions about OOPS concept.
Here only 7 was selected

After that we had a HR round.Where they asked questions like tell me about yourself and your strength and weaknesses...etc
Only 4 were selected .I was not amongst them I think because of my CGPA.The top 4 were selected.

Interview Question – C++ questions about OOPS concept.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details Written test on aptitude and c basics followed by 3 rounds of coding and 1 interview
In the last level of coding we had to explain our codes to an interviewer too.

Interview Question – doubly linked list to bst and find the smallest difference in numbers given an array , print tree in zigzag manner   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2012.

Interview Details They usually head-hunt for the candidates.

Interview Question – On Signals and systems.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details it was multiple rounds.first was an objective type test consisting of coding and aptitude followed by the second round where we had to right 2 coding questions which were fairly difficult.the next two rounds i heard was a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview.good luck!

Interview Question – checking if word is anagram or not   Answer Question

Indore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

Interview Details We first came to know that Microsoft is coming to our campus through our placement cell. They were offering three intern positions: Software Development Engineer (SDE), Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) and Software Management Engineer (SME). The first round was a written test. It included questions on arrays and strings (reverse the words in a string, swap an array in a given way), a few puzzles. We were also asked to write test cases for Excel and a couple of management related questions were thrown in.

After the written test, there were three interviews, all one-on-one. In the first round, candidates were asked about basic algorithms and data structures(trees, linked list manipulation). A few puzzles were also asked. I was also asked about Microsoft's products and services. (Which ones can you recall? Which one do you like most?) The second round was HR based questions (family background, ethics, scholing, college, etc.). The third round was again HR based - Strengths, weaknesses, why Microsoft.

Interview Question – "If you had to house the entire Microsoft India operations into ONE building, how would you design it? Which parameters will you take into account?"   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!