Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.1

159 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

there was a aptitude round consisting of 15 questions on c/c++. second round was a coding round where 2 coding questions were asked. 3rd round was a telephonic round where he asked me general question about me and the projects that i had done then he asked me 3 algorithm

Interview Questions
  • one question was that a list of countries,states and cities are given along with their population you need to handle queries based on their population.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

A short MCQ round of 15 questions was held.Then a coding round of two questions was undertaken by us.
    Later after a few days the guys came to campus for interviews.After 2 or 3 rounds they selected the candidates. Students with good communication skills were selected after 2 round only.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a binary search tree in place in a sorted doubly link list.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2013.

Written Test, Online Coding, F2F

Intern Interview

First round was purely algorithms and their improvisions. Did well in this round.
    Questions ranged from sorting to graphs to searching.
    Second round was interview, asked me to code and design algorithms, didnt do well, so couldnt go ahead

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2013.

Multiple rounds spanning over few months. Shortlisting after each round. First round had about 15-20 objective questions to test really basic skills in 1 hour. Second round consists of coding on 2-3 given problems in 1 hour. Next up is phone interview in which they might ask puzzles or other computer science questions. Finally 2 face-to-face interviews with increasing level of difficulty and shortlisting too. Interviews consist of both questions testing your skill and also related to your background and resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Had good amount of discussion over my projects and resume.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. They disclose the offer details much later on. However joining dates are flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Online Programming Test > Written Test > Interview Round 1 > Interview Round 2 > Interview Round 3

Interview Questions

I didn't like the work profile.

Intern Interview

the interview was all about logical questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

They came for campus placements.Almost all of IT and CSE dept took the initial round where we had to answer 20 MCQ questions online.Out of around 150 students, 50 were selected for the next coding round.In the coding round we wrote online code( non-compiled) . There were 5 questions...4 very average problems and one designing question.It was pretty easy overall.About 30 were selected.Next we had to go for an interview.Here again we faced a design question.It was easy as well.The question was in an office we had an obsolete printer and there were many computers that would use it.To design a helpful system such that the printer could be used.Here again around 15 was selected.

After that there was a one-on-one interview 2 questions were asked.
    1. In a list there only one repeating element.Output that element.(Simple hash implementation)
    2.2nd largest number in an array.(Without sorting)
    And then they asked few C++ questions about OOPS concept.
    Here only 7 was selected

After that we had a HR round.Where they asked questions like tell me about yourself and your strength and weaknesses...etc
    Only 4 were selected .I was not amongst them I think because of my CGPA.The top 4 were selected.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft.

Written test on aptitude and c basics followed by 3 rounds of coding and 1 interview
    In the last level of coding we had to explain our codes to an interviewer too.

Interview Questions
    • doubly linked list to bst and find the smallest difference in numbers given an array , print tree in zigzag manner   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2012.

They usually head-hunt for the candidates.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!