Microsoft

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

First I was asked about my past projects and the associated experiences. They specifically wanted to know how I overcame a situation in which I got behind on my project. They also asked about what I would have done differently had I known what I know now. Then they asked a simple programming question.

Interview Questions
  • Given an array of n consecutive numbers from m, not necessarily in order, there is one number that is omitted. Write the code that would return that missing number.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

I applied the internship on their website. got a phone call to schedule a phone interview and fill out an application form. Few weeks later, I was told that I was rejected

Interview Questions
    • Please talk about an imperfection of other software and how do you improve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

I was referred by a current intern at Microsoft, and got to contacted by a Microsoft recruiter to schedule an on-campus interview. My interviewer was nice and laid back. None of the questions were terribly unexpected. My interviewer asked about my past professional experiences and some parts of my resume before getting into the main interview question. When he saw that I was stuck, he would give hints and consider how that changed my thought process.

Interview Questions
    • Design the part of a (digital) product that will be released worldwide.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I gave my resume to recruiters at a career fair and received an email a couple weeks later for an in person interview. They asked me a couple questions based on my resume as well as a few design questions. I thought the interview went well. However, I did not advance in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied at my university career fair. Got an on campus interview call in a week. The interviewer asked 2 technical coding questions and was not concerned with the syntax of the code. Focus more on logic and efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a solution to a question and asked if its possible .
      Solution was is it possible to find if two strings anagrams by doing xor operation between them ?

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Microsoft.

Received an offered to my linkedin account. Organization of the phone interview was good. They called in time that I mentioned as the most convenient for me. The interview itself wasn't good. I've been interviewed by not experienced interviewer. He was asking questions like reading them from the paper and randomly, without taking into account my remarks about my strong sides and the things i don't know. Many questions related to concurrency and multithreading. In general everything related to Core Java. One question for logic: you have 9 the same balls, and only one slightly heavier, and scales that you can use only twice. Find the ball, which is slightly heavier. It was easy.
    Questions about the CV. What challenges did i have previously and how did i resolve it and something similar.

Since I haven't received any response for more than 2 months after the interview, it's obvious that i'm not accepted. Well, i think it's not professional, bcs candidates might wait for any answer, even without explanation in order to deal with other offers.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Applied online and got an email about a month later asking to schedule an over the phone interview. The phone interview is about 30 minutes long and we went over my resume and why I applied for Microsoft. Over all the first interview is pretty basic.. About a month later they sent me another email to set up a 2nd interview at Microsoft.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

I submitted my resume with a recruiter at an on-campus hiring event and was contacted with an invitation to on-campus interviews about a month and a half later. The on campus interview was fairly tough and very technical with a very intimidating guy who didn't seem very interested in the work I had done, but turned out to be very pleasant to interview with.

Didn't hear back for another month until I was contacted with details for a final round interview in Vancouver in January. This was probably the toughest interview I've experienced so far, I was asked questions about data structures and algorithms individually by 3 different engineers for 45 minutes each. The questions were tough and I had a difficult time reading my interviewers, but overall it was definitely a very rewarding experience.

Interview Questions
    • Print out the values of a balanced binary tree starting from the lower right and moving horizontally then upwards.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Applied for a Game Programming Internship through my university at a career fair. The interview was a 30 minute on-campus interview. Was first asked questions related to my resume. Then he asked me to merge two sorted linked lists. The interviewer was really nice and there was no rush throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

A very warm and welcoming experience. I was called for on site at the head office in Seattle. nitially had a on campus interview at my university. It was short 30 minute interview where they went over my resume and had a quick technical question.
    I heard back around 3 weeks later, mainly b/c I had a offer that was on the verge of expiring. They flew me out to the Redmond campus that same week.
    The day of the interview, I arrived on site around 8am and had a quick chat with HR. They told me which team I was interviewing for and sent me to the building for the interviews. I had 5 interviews and 1 lunch interview. This lasted until around 3PM.