Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

it was easy. Had two rounds of interviews and the questions were pretty simple. Was asked many resume related questions. I applied in the career fair of our campus and got a call within a week to attend an interview on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with questions on my resume. Later for the second round of interview i was asked to come to Seattle. Had three 45 minute interviews covering various topics like trees, hash maps, design problems, palindromes etc. Be confident and you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Find the prime numbers in a given range?
    Find the anagram meanings of a given string from a dictionary

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview about half an hour. I was asked about some technical projects I have done (from my CV) and what was my role in a team, and some basic algorithm knowledge and logic puzzles, which are not hard. The process took about 3 weeks before I received the result.

Interview Questions

• I was unexpected to be asked about thy way to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied at a career fair and received an on-campus interview around two or three weeks later. It was a 30 minute interview with half of it explaining your resume and projects. The other half was more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given two sorted lists, you had to find a solution that would merge the two in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was interviewed by an hiring representative on the Phone. Mostly questions about my projects and internship experience. There were plenty of behavioral questions and no technical questions. I talked about my internship projects and how it felt to be working in that situation and what I would change about the process if I could change anything.

There were a few questions about my classes and how I related to them. Mostly about my Data Structures and Algorithms class and how much of it I could relate to. Unfortunately its a class that I really disliked and could not say many good things about.

Interview Questions

• What I would do differently with my internship project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Columbus, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview, i went in to the building and waited to be called in. My interviewer was not a native English speaker which made it hard to communicate with him. He asked me a short personal question and asked what computer programming classes I have taken so far. Then he moved on to a technical question which was sort an Array. He did not give me much guidance and said to just write it down on paper and then show it to him.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First I was asked about my past projects and the associated experiences. They specifically wanted to know how I overcame a situation in which I got behind on my project. They also asked about what I would have done differently had I known what I know now. Then they asked a simple programming question.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of n consecutive numbers from m, not necessarily in order, there is one number that is omitted. Write the code that would return that missing number.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Finance Rotational internship with Microsoft through my University. I was contacted and scheduled an interview through Microsoft's own signup software. The woman who interviewed me was pretty withdrawn/unwelcoming. All she did was ask me questions and write down my answers; she seemed almost unfriendly or uninterested. None of my questions were typical behavioral questions either, even though that was what I was expecting (for example, I never got a "name a time when..."); all of the questions I was asked were very specific to certain experiences I had on my resume or unrelated and technical questions. I was also asked basic accounting questions, questions about Microsoft's own products and specific questions about my experiences. This was my first interview so I'm sure I could have prepared more beforehand but based on what I read online and what I was told from Microsoft's recruiter I was unprepared for what I would be asked. Overall, it was a good learning experience! It definitely prepared me for other interviews I've had recently.

Interview Questions

• Based on the current US markets, what are your predictions for the future economy?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied the internship on their website. got a phone call to schedule a phone interview and fill out an application form. Few weeks later, I was told that I was rejected

Interview Questions

• Please talk about an imperfection of other software and how do you improve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.

Interview Questions

• How to store huge number of strings.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was referred by a current intern at Microsoft, and got to contacted by a Microsoft recruiter to schedule an on-campus interview. My interviewer was nice and laid back. None of the questions were terribly unexpected. My interviewer asked about my past professional experiences and some parts of my resume before getting into the main interview question. When he saw that I was stuck, he would give hints and consider how that changed my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Design the part of a (digital) product that will be released worldwide.   Answer Question