Microsoft Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
4,121 Interview Reviews

3.3

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview process was normal. Nothing great to tell...You have to know basics of programming and know about microsoft products and you can get it done. Just be confident and you can be selected for next round.

Also in second technical round...take ur time to answer the questions...dont fed up if u dont know the answers

Interview Questions

• Write a sample programming code on C for your project.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Bangalore) in April 2015.

Interview

I had for this position through my university. Overall it was a 2-day process.

1. First round comprised of an online test in cocubes.com. Consisted of networking basics, C language, OS concepts, english, logical and quantitative sections.
    2. Second round comprised of GD, topics based on current trends in the technological sector.
    3. Following GD, there was a technical interview round where I was asked almost everything of computer networks and OS concepts.
    4. After technical interview, there were HR interview, followed by Manager interview and ended by Director interview. Each interview round was an elimination round so every step of the process mattered.

Interview Questions

• Basically they test your overall knowledge of all your subjects and how strong your basics are. They dwell into deep intricacies of each subject to know the extent of your grasp on those subjects.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was the technical round. It lasted for around one and a half hours. The second round was the HR round. It lasted for about 30 mins, and was much more relaxed. I was asked 2 technical questions in the HR round, but they were much easier than the technical round.

Interview Questions

• How do you check if a given linked list is palindromic or not.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. The interview was face-to-face. The interviewer started by asking about my past experience. Then, most of the discussion was around designing an engine to predict the outcome of a certain cricket match. I started well but then got a bit nervous and messed it up. It was only after I got out that I realized where I'd gone wrong. Got a negative reply within a day. The overall experience was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Design an engine to predict the outcome of a certain cricket match.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Whole process was crisp and coordinated very well. HR was informing/updating all the time pre and post interview. Post interview updates are very rare, whole experience was really good - thanks MSFT

Interview

2 written tests. 1) mathematical and technical aptitude 2) coding test on programming and data structure using either c or c++ or java. The coding test contains questions to implement algorithms from linked list and tree data structure. The main function is already given, we need to write only the function definition.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was one of the most professional recruitment process. It started with a telephonic round and then the remaining process happened at their Hyderabad campus. I had four interviews in total and the last one was with the Director of the unit.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult was to design round where i have to code and design a problem given by them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First rounded consisted of about 50 questions on aptitude which we were supposed to solve in 45 minutes.This was followed by technical round,which had questions on DS,OS,DBMS,C++,C.Then came the technical interview followed by the H.R round.The questions in the technical round were easy as well.But they asked in depth about the resume.They mostly checked us on our basics of DBMS and DS.
    Although I could not make it to the H.R round,but those who made it said it lasted for about 15 minutes and it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fairly easy as it was an on-campus hiring process,the cutoff was high though.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was one of the great morning ,when I went for the interview for Associate Consultant in Microsoft.
    As I entered the room there was a good looking guy sitting ,He welcomed me and asked to sit down and get settled down.He started with his introduction the asked mine.
    Now the Structure of Interview was;
    1. Logical Puzzles
    2. Technical Puzzles (Related to Oops)
    3. Scenario based questions

Logical puzzles like rectangle into equal half in one stroke when a piece of rectangle is already taken out from the same page ,problems related to sector ,etc
    In tech. Puzzles it was simple in depth Oops concepts only and c# concepts
    then other were scenario based.
    Interview was a really cool guy ,will try to make u comfortable in the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

There was a programming round and two programming questions were there. Then technical and hr round.In techical round the person asked a programming question and everything in resume.He asked some questions in java (very basics) and then asked about new technologies.