Microsoft

3,354 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Manager Interview

Support Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2010.

Interview Details Rather a very slow process, took over two months to complete the hiring. Close to 9-10 rounds of interview which was tiring. Break between interview process was too long a wait

Interview Question – Vision of the company in next 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't negotiate salary here as the offer is great

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

Interview Details College hire. We had a pool of 6 colleges come over to our college to attend the interviews

6 rounds to clear over 1-2 days(depends)
a.Written round - 4 subjects (English language , Programming , General maths and problem solving)
b.Group discussion - Topic for us was bing vs google
c.Technical interviews - 2 rounds (Interview sheet was divided into categories -OS, Networking d.,Programming languages oops and C, java , basic troubleshooting(general))

e.2 HR interviews - to let us know what the job actually is (and check if we are okay with night shifts)

About 7 of us were selected out of 500. Every round needs to be cleared to go to the next round

Interview Question – Why are you willing to work night shifts   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Allahabad

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2012.

Interview Details it was a campus hiring event. 2 written test and after that 4 technical interviews.
The Interviewer ware very cool guys and helped me during interview as well. they even give you hints if you stuck.

Interview Question – 1. Data structure and Algorithmic questions.(mostly you find on GFG )
2. OS concepts, DBMS
3. no question on networking
4. few design questions

i) find the no. of connected components in a undirected graph.
ii) generate all valid parenthesis using n open and close braces
iii) Question on prime no. generation and processing.
iv) process in OS ( full details)
v) a design question on college student management system and few queries on them.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, since it was a campus recruitment.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Contractor Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Contractor
Hyderābād

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2010.

Interview Details 4 interviews on same day
we can write logic in any programming language, but writing on paper or white board is required (no computer)
there is a no single correct answer, just if you are giving a solution or not, and if you are improving it or not is the thing which is seen.

1st interview - general programming questions - single tech interviewer, asked about 10-15 questions oops concepts, c++, small programmings questions, and question on how to store many data types in 1 type (in c# there is a type called object which is base for all data types/classes)

2nd interview - senior programmer - answer was required to be written on white board, it was very difficult, but he dint care about the syntax, but he just cared about the logic, gave a solution, improved it, in the end he asked what did u learn from this interview outcome? i said, may be i can come to the optimal solution directly if i take a little more time.

3rd question - management - very cool guy - just 2 to 3 questions, very logical ones, question was 2 people are circling a very large circle, when will they meet? i failed to answer this, but he felt i was ok which is correct, the problem here is i assumed they both were circling at a constant speed so they wudnt meet, for example, if they were at different speed (one is faster) then at some point in time they wud meet, so simple, the speed = distance / time like formula will tell when they will meet assuming circle is of some circumference (distance here) u will get the time since u can assume some different speed & same distance for both.

i think thats it passed, worked for about 3+years.

Interview Question – question on how to store many data types in 1 type   View Answer

Negotiation Details – this was a contractor position, my company wud have agreed some payment for me.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2010.

Interview Details When you are applying for the companies like Microsoft, be prepared. Don't go with half-hearted knowledge and practive. Command over data structures and algorithms is must. Generally after so many years in job, people tend to get away from hands on coding but that is must in these type of comapnies.

Interview Question – Find the middle point of a linked list in best possible way   View Answer

Software Design Engineer (SDE) Interview

Software Design Engineer (SDE)

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details It was great... If I would have prepared for my interview, it would have been very easy...
1 - Find min distance between 2 nodes.
2 - A few questions on Strings.
3 - A design problem on Social Networking sites - design a social networking site for children

Interview Question – Design a social networking site for children   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details it was campus based... included 10 rounds in total comprising a panel of 12 experts. 5 was shortlisted for 3rd round and 2 was left at the last nd final round... was a good xperiance.. one thing that matterd d most ws confidence... rest were secondaries...

Interview Question – why should we hire u while the other is a graduate from iit with 9+ score?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

Interview Details Communicated at the last minute (with a day to prepare) for a full day interview at their offices. The people were very organized and the interviews went smoothly, with the recruiter giving feedback throughout the process. The offer was rolled out on the same day, which was surprising.

Interview Question – Standard questions on algos, DS and design.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Try to negotiate fora better base pay than a joining bonus.

SDE2 Interview

SDE2

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details Typical - first is telephonic. Its an elimination effectively. If cleared, you are invited to the office for a day for face to face interviews. Typically candidates go through 5 interviews. The decision is typically conveyed later over email or may be done personally then and there.

The bar is high. Expect technically challenging questions. Expect to write code on whiteboard/paper.

Interview Question – No such "difficult" question. Typical CS interview - focus on fundamentals, DS, algo DBMS etc...   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer (SDE) II Interview

Software Development Engineer (SDE) II
Pune

I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2012.

Interview Details On the day of off campus interviews, had 3 rounds of interviews. On getting short listed from these rounds, got an additional rounds at their campus. The interviews were predominately around coding (1st), algorithms and design and coding in the subsequent rounds.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question posed was around the challenges I faced during my previous project.   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!