Microsoft

3,171 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2011.

Interview Details The Interview process was lengthy & had multiple round
3 technical , 2 manager, 1 director and then HR round. took around 8 months for the complete process to compete.

Interview Question – The question was related to the Internals of Memory Management.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) V Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) V
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied directly. Recruiter sent document that contains links for interview preparation, links suchas careercup...etc. Recruiter followup through phone and e-mails to check if I am ready to take interview. After a month of sending interview preparation material, interview scheduled. Interview happened through skype. Interviewer has Windows 8 OS in his laptop and do not know how to use skype with Win 8, use suchas chat, talk and browse, it is bit different in Win 8. Asked to write program on online "collabedit". I have close to 15 years experience, interview technique would have been different.

Interview Question – Writing a efficient program within given time. Unless you are mug up you won't clear   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2012.

Interview Details The interview consists of 7 rounds + one HR

Explain Raid 0,1 and 5 and 6

Sp_who2 fields

Perfmon counters for OS health

AWA switch in SQL

Difference between 32 bit and 64 bit operation system

Give me a scenario where you proactively acted to avert an outage in your current role.

A website loads slow for the first 10 minutes , how do you troubleshoot this issue.

IIS log format and common Http error codes is a must read

What is TCP three way handshake. ?

What is the difference between ASP and ASP.net, what are the advantages of ASP.net . ?

Any experience with ASP.net programming.?

What is UDP and TCP?

Draw detailed IIS architecture. ?

What is the difference between Incident management and problem management ?

Lots of scenarios were given to asses situational troubleshooting.

Interview Question – Given a chance what would you do to make Hyderabad a world-class city.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much scope for negotiating

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details 1st round: 50 questions. 25 questions basic C and C++. 25 questions maths. (data interpretation)'
2nd round: coding
Q1. replace all spaces with $ in a sentence
Q2. something related to binary tree
Q3: linked list implement
3rd round: interview
about database, permutation and combination of all the given alphabets and networks.

Interview Question – write a protocol (networks)   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details Interview Details:
One written exam at campus, 20 MCQ and 4 coding questions.
4 rounds of Technical Interviews followed by HR at MSIDC

Interview Question – every questions were difficult and unexpected ;)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details First round was purely algorithms and their improvisions. Did well in this round.
Questions ranged from sorting to graphs to searching.
Second round was interview, asked me to code and design algorithms, didnt do well, so couldnt go ahead

Interview Question – Design an algorithm for a least fuel in car scenario   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2010.

Interview Details From the very beginning the interview was mostly around problem solving capabilities be it around designing solutions for retail or some complex puzzle or algorithm. I underwent 5 rounds of interviews that lasted almost full day including breaks.

Interview Question – I did not know about Program Management role and the hiring manager could not fully articulate it. I realised, if hiring manager is having such a hard time explaining, it must be a challenging role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation. I moved from US and didn't know the local market in India therefore just accepted the position.

Support Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview Details I had 8 rounds of interview. 3 technical rounds (telephonic), manager, group manager, director, communication coach and HR. Number of rounds may vary though. this was in 2008. All the interviewers were very nice and make you very comfortable.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer who is not willing to follow any of the steps you suggest?
How would you tell a customer something cannot be done?
Tell me an instance where you handled a difficult customer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was much more than I asked for. Microsoft paid better than most companies in the market those days. It probably isn't the case today though.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details the culture is all indian in microsoft,and it lacks creativity which is a drawback i got hired on christmas and excited and the interview went well...When I was a corporate executive in the area of strategic planning, I quickly learned a very important lesson – the best way to ensure strategy implementation is to hire the right people into the company.

I suppose that’s why I’m always surprised at the casual and often lackadaisical attitude many managers take when it comes to hiring. Look around and what you’ll notice is at the heart of most great companies is an incredibly strong emphasis on the hiring process.

Interview Question – process “as the most important strategic planning your company needs.” Why? Because every new employee will either improve the organization or lower it – and managers should be seeking and hiring employees who will enable the company to grow and to become more profitable.

McKeown provides four tips for hiring great people: 1) Forget trying to ask magic bullet questions, 2) Ensure you have clearly defined what it will take to be successful in the position, 3) Test candidates, and 4) Include others in the hiring process.
  Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details 4-5 rounds, extempore design problems to solve, look for creative out of box solution, method and intellectual horse power

Interview Question – design for blind   View Answer

Negotiation Details – much above market average

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft Videos

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft interview questions and advice. All 3,171 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.