Microsoft Interview Questions

4,189 Interview Reviews

3.3

MSGD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (Delhi).

Interview

Firstly there was a 1.5 hours MCQ test on Quantitative aptitude,general english ,LR and technical.Aptitude was very tough.Technical portion was quite easy,mainly had pointers ,DBMS,Networking.
    For technical portion,go through YK and practise pointers questions from Geeksforgeeks.
    Anyways after a month ,was called for interview in MSIT.
    The interviewers were very sweet and calm.Don't panic and just be yourself.
    My interviewer asked me about myself and looked over my resume.Then she asked to find location of missing number in array .Also she asked about normalization and questions from my project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Find location of missing number in array.
      Normalization

1 Answer

Manual Testing Interview

Interview

It is nice and simple questions but i answered almost all questions still i didn't get job.
    They asked questions based on my resume only.I feel it is one of best company for working professionals in the world.

Interview Questions

• what are the testing methodologies?   2 Answers

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Hyderābād).

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with leaders from different groups. Each round is for about 45 mins to 1 hour. Each round will focus on one of the core skills. It was a good experience

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to the role and some situation related questions and some design related questions. The experience was very good.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview process was normal. Nothing great to tell...You have to know basics of programming and know about microsoft products and you can get it done. Just be confident and you can be selected for next round.

Also in second technical round...take ur time to answer the questions...dont fed up if u dont know the answers

Interview Questions

• Write a sample programming code on C for your project.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Bangalore) in April 2015.

Interview

I had for this position through my university. Overall it was a 2-day process.

1. First round comprised of an online test in cocubes.com. Consisted of networking basics, C language, OS concepts, english, logical and quantitative sections.
    2. Second round comprised of GD, topics based on current trends in the technological sector.
    3. Following GD, there was a technical interview round where I was asked almost everything of computer networks and OS concepts.
    4. After technical interview, there were HR interview, followed by Manager interview and ended by Director interview. Each interview round was an elimination round so every step of the process mattered.

Interview Questions

• Basically they test your overall knowledge of all your subjects and how strong your basics are. They dwell into deep intricacies of each subject to know the extent of your grasp on those subjects.   Answer Question

Service Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Hyderābād) in April 2015.

Interview

First got mail from recruiter from Microsoft, After that i had telephonic interview and then in person 3 round interview. Most of the questions are asked from networking and basic algorithm.

Interview Questions

• What is decorator. Questions about load balancing , BGP, sockets, ospf. etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was the technical round. It lasted for around one and a half hours. The second round was the HR round. It lasted for about 30 mins, and was much more relaxed. I was asked 2 technical questions in the HR round, but they were much easier than the technical round.

Interview Questions

• How do you check if a given linked list is palindromic or not.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. The interview was face-to-face. The interviewer started by asking about my past experience. Then, most of the discussion was around designing an engine to predict the outcome of a certain cricket match. I started well but then got a bit nervous and messed it up. It was only after I got out that I realized where I'd gone wrong. Got a negative reply within a day. The overall experience was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Design an engine to predict the outcome of a certain cricket match.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Whole process was crisp and coordinated very well. HR was informing/updating all the time pre and post interview. Post interview updates are very rare, whole experience was really good - thanks MSFT

Interview

2 written tests. 1) mathematical and technical aptitude 2) coding test on programming and data structure using either c or c++ or java. The coding test contains questions to implement algorithms from linked list and tree data structure. The main function is already given, we need to write only the function definition.