Microsoft

Updated 15 Dec 2014
3,775 Interview Reviews

3.3

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

1 written test multiple choice questions not very difficult mostly based on input output databases and concurrency also had 2 coding questions which were also not very difficult, 3 personal interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

hired bu a third party payroll, later converted to permanent. Interview was complex. Consisted of 7 rounds, starting from written to technical to manager, hr finally.

It took 3 weeks to complete the interview and finally got an irresistible offer. Interview was cool, very professional and was a bit lengthy but finally had a good experience.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

THIS IS FOR THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP
    The preliminary round was held online in select colleges and we were called for an onsite interview. Those with good thinking approach were also chosen and not solely based on getting the solution. There was also a coding round for those with lesser score in the online round. A simple problem was given to many students and we were expected to solve it. If the approach was deeply flawed, the person would be eliminated. The next round was a technical round where a 1-1 interview with a Microsoft employee was held. The duration was about an hour and was quite strenuous. Following the round, the HR manager will let you know the feedback and tell you the results. The HR manager was very encouraging and asked the eliminated candidates to reapply after working their skills. This feedback really made a very positive impact on me. The final round would be a HR round I guess(I could not crack the technical round).

Interview Questions
    • Design a module to enable communication between two remote computers. The sender will have the software but the receiver will not, but the message should be passed.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

It was a good well managed process. Was a 3 round process starting with basic intro inching towards the details of the current job description. being from a finance background, i had to justify why i was applying for the role. overall it was smooth process with difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Apple is not a competitor / peer set company of Microsoft   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Initially there was a Technical objective round. Shortlisted candidates had a programming round.
    Then they shortlisted few candidates for interviews in company office.There were 2 technical and 1 Hr round(namesake). The first technical round they asked about my projects.Then they few basics in java and asked me to code few problems. Questions related to databases and networks were also asked. Second technical round had few coding questions. They were looking for our problem solving ability and approach. The interviews were really supportive. They used to give hints if were struct during the thinking process.

Interview Questions
    • Some basic question related to Public-private key encryption.   View Answer

Software Developer Engineer Interview

4 technical rounds and no HR round, Very easy questions at campus related to linked list and tree, and from project.
    Given a Heap find Nth largest node. you have access to left and right node.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

They don't value experience, ask same thing to a fresher as well as to some 10 year exp guy.. Ask questions from DS, algo, puzzles, design.. No question from domain knowledge..
    So cracking Microsoft is easier than cracking TCS..

Interview Questions
    • 1. Possible moves for horse on chess board and when the horse will go out of the board.   Answer Question
    • 2. Design a old style mobile phone and search for various names based on key press   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, they added joining bonus of 1 lakh by just asking for it.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Very Tough and there were 9 rounds of interviews for this position. One stage without confidence may disqualify you. Be confident in your words and place your resume in accordance with the applied position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

Applied through college. We had an aptitude test. Then the next round was a group discussion we were given a topic to discuss about. Finally the interview it consisted of some technical questions as well as some general questions. The interviewers were quite friendly. It was a good experience on the whole.

Associate Consultant Interview

There were three rounds of Interview - Online Test, Technical Interview and Hiring Manager Interview

Online Test had questions on verbal, reasoning, logical and technical questions
    Technical Interview was telephonic and there were wide ranging questions from C#, C and your respective area of work and other topics related to your work domain
    Hiring Manager Interview had questions about the kind of work I am doing currently and what I wish to work on etc