Microsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 10 Apr 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Talked through the phone, asked behavioral questions and one technical question. Interviewer was a developer himself so the conversation went smooth. We talked about my programming languages preferences, and he decided to go in depth with C.

He asked me trivial questions about memory management and garbage collection, explain a computational concept to a youngling, and then we talked a lot about their work environment. The interview was very positive and relaxed overall.

Interview Questions

• Given 9 marbles that look the same but one weights slightly more, and a scale you can only use twice, how can you find out which marble is the heavier one?   1 Answer

Solution Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Solutions Sales Professional Process

1. Applied through an on campus recruiter
    2. Sent the CV and Cover letter, I believe tailoring the CL to their language and focusing on things I heard from on campus presentation assisted greatly
    3. 1st round - Mostly behavior questions, wanting to make sure you really experienced every story, kept asking questions about the information within every story to ensure its genuinely

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had an on campus interview. They were very nice during the whole process. A Q&A session was held on campus the night before where you were able to become more comfortable with interview and the process. It lasted 45 minutes and was a 1-1 interview. The questions were very straight forward. Talk about your experience and past projects. Then a hand written technical question based on string manipulations without any api.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very pleasant...

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Freehold, NJ (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a Phone interview scheduled.I had never used the microsoft tools so no progress further.No offer

Account Technology Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

3 layers of management, technical, sales and personal. One full day effort, starting early morning with back to back discussions from the three potential hiring managers. There was a final phone discussion at the end, followed by HR negotiations on package.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a written test that tested my theoretical skills and it was followed by a personal interview

Interview Questions

• i was asked about what i think of windows security wise   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I submit my resume on a info session, then got an on-campus interview a month later. I didn't prepare for it. The interview divided into three part, behavioral questions, then technical questions including: test cases, design a product, algorithm, system (memory); then Q&A.

Interview Questions

• The test cases are most tricky, it's really hard to think of all the possible corner cases.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was done entirely over the phone and via Skype. They were all really short interviews that focused very little on my past experience and mostly on what I knew about Microsoft and what I wanted to do in the future. Overall, the interview was really say and didn't really dive deep into my skills (probably why Microsoft retail stores have many unqualified candidates working at them). It requires very little technical aptitude, awareness, or knowledge, and mainly focuses on the customer experience and your passion for working with people. Be prepared to have specific examples ready.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you think Microsoft could be doing better?   1 Answer