Microsoft

Updated 17 Feb 2015
Updated 17 Feb 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2014.

Talked through the phone, asked behavioral questions and one technical question. Interviewer was a developer himself so the conversation went smooth. We talked about my programming languages preferences, and he decided to go in depth with C.

He asked me trivial questions about memory management and garbage collection, explain a computational concept to a youngling, and then we talked a lot about their work environment. The interview was very positive and relaxed overall.

Interview Questions
    • Given 9 marbles that look the same but one weights slightly more, and a scale you can only use twice, how can you find out which marble is the heavier one?   View Answer

Solution Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Solutions Sales Professional Process

1. Applied through an on campus recruiter
    2. Sent the CV and Cover letter, I believe tailoring the CL to their language and focusing on things I heard from on campus presentation assisted greatly
    3. 1st round - Mostly behavior questions, wanting to make sure you really experienced every story, kept asking questions about the information within every story to ensure its genuinely

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

I had an on campus interview. They were very nice during the whole process. A Q&A session was held on campus the night before where you were able to become more comfortable with interview and the process. It lasted 45 minutes and was a 1-1 interview. The questions were very straight forward. Talk about your experience and past projects. Then a hand written technical question based on string manipulations without any api.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Very pleasant...

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Got a Phone interview scheduled.I had never used the microsoft tools so no progress further.No offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2013.

It was a written test that tested my theoretical skills and it was followed by a personal interview

Interview Questions
    • i was asked about what i think of windows security wise   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

I submit my resume on a info session, then got an on-campus interview a month later. I didn't prepare for it. The interview divided into three part, behavioral questions, then technical questions including: test cases, design a product, algorithm, system (memory); then Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • The test cases are most tricky, it's really hard to think of all the possible corner cases.   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

not a great one. they didn't seem to know what they were really doing and i can't help but think they were not ready to be hiring people at any kind of location.

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

The hiring process is lengthy and very detailed. At least three over the phone interviews and then one in person with a committee of at least 4 or 5 people that your interview with. Interestingly, all three of the top candidates were brought in at the same time so you could see them move from room to room as you progressed through the process. The committee votes on each of the candidates. You must received unanimous vote or you are out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Their offer was very fair.