Microsoft

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Solution Sales Professional Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview Details Solutions Sales Professional Process

1. Applied through an on campus recruiter
2. Sent the CV and Cover letter, I believe tailoring the CL to their language and focusing on things I heard from on campus presentation assisted greatly
3. 1st round - Mostly behavior questions, wanting to make sure you really experienced every story, kept asking questions about the information within every story to ensure its genuinely

Interview Question – wasn't something too difficult   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Freehold, NJ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details I had an on campus interview. They were very nice during the whole process. A Q&A session was held on campus the night before where you were able to become more comfortable with interview and the process. It lasted 45 minutes and was a 1-1 interview. The questions were very straight forward. Talk about your experience and past projects. Then a hand written technical question based on string manipulations without any api.

Interview Question – Complex string manipulation without api.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very pleasant...

Senior Software Developer Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Interview Details Got a Phone interview scheduled.I had never used the microsoft tools so no progress further.No offer

Solution Specialist Interview

Solution Specialist
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process is lengthy and very detailed. At least three over the phone interviews and then one in person with a committee of at least 4 or 5 people that your interview with. Interestingly, all three of the top candidates were brought in at the same time so you could see them move from room to room as you progressed through the process. The committee votes on each of the candidates. You must received unanimous vote or you are out.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Their offer was very fair.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2013.

Interview Details It was a written test that tested my theoretical skills and it was followed by a personal interview

Interview Question – i was asked about what i think of windows security wise   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview Details I submit my resume on a info session, then got an on-campus interview a month later. I didn't prepare for it. The interview divided into three part, behavioral questions, then technical questions including: test cases, design a product, algorithm, system (memory); then Q&A.

Interview Question – The test cases are most tricky, it's really hard to think of all the possible corner cases.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

Interview Details not a great one. they didn't seem to know what they were really doing and i can't help but think they were not ready to be hiring people at any kind of location.

Interview Questions

Portfolio Manager Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.

Interview Details Firts round of phone interviews, after which I was asked to partake in a full day of interviews in the New York office (4 separate 1 on 1 interviews.) After that round, was asked to go to Redmond for final two interviews. Each interviewer was a progression in title, and each was the gate keeper to the next. The interviewers would share notes in before moving on. The recruiter for MS was very helpful, and coached me through the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation? Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer
Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft Videos

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.