Microsoft

Updated 19 Jan 2015

3.2

634 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Microsoft visited our campus and it was a pleasant experience. The interviewer was friendly. Absolutely no need to get nervous. But he observes every move and thought of yours carefully. Questions were about advanced algorithmic concepts. Not too difficult, but he was testing my ability to approach a problem

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Round 1:

Interview Round 2:
    1) In an image clouds are scattered all over. Lets say clouds are of white color and the rest of the image has different color. The problem was to count the number of such clouds. (Assume the image is given in a 2D matrix format).
    2)Given an array find all the sub-arrays that has sum zero. (Note: an nlogn solution is required). A continuation of the above question was to find all subarrays with sum less than a small number lets say 1.

Interview Round 3:
    In this round I was asked about my projects, BTP, interests and had to answer questions like – “why microsoft” or “what do you like about it” etc. After that he asked few aptitude-type questions, like-

1)Given two dice how would you represent all the days of a month?
    2)How would you design an automated traffic-signal system?
    3)What are the measures that you would devise to allow credit cards for children?

Interview Questions
    • Here I had to implement a sorted 2-D linked list (the first node of the linked list is connected to another linked list and it continues this way, and each row i.e. single linked list can have at most 5 nodes, and the keys stored in linked list are in sorted order). Along with representation write the add and delete function for this linked list. (Note: No pseudo code business there, had to write proper code). Finally he asked me how to test the code (basically wanted different test-cases to cover the whole code and its boundary cases).   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

There were 4 interviews. All of them were technical. They hardly asked me about my previous experience. All the questions were around algorithms and data structures and mathematics. There were total 4-5 algorithms that I had to write on paper.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions related to recurrence relation and game theory.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

1 written test multiple choice questions not very difficult mostly based on input output databases and concurrency also had 2 coding questions which were also not very difficult, 3 personal interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

THIS IS FOR THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP
    The preliminary round was held online in select colleges and we were called for an onsite interview. Those with good thinking approach were also chosen and not solely based on getting the solution. There was also a coding round for those with lesser score in the online round. A simple problem was given to many students and we were expected to solve it. If the approach was deeply flawed, the person would be eliminated. The next round was a technical round where a 1-1 interview with a Microsoft employee was held. The duration was about an hour and was quite strenuous. Following the round, the HR manager will let you know the feedback and tell you the results. The HR manager was very encouraging and asked the eliminated candidates to reapply after working their skills. This feedback really made a very positive impact on me. The final round would be a HR round I guess(I could not crack the technical round).

Interview Questions
    • Design a module to enable communication between two remote computers. The sender will have the software but the receiver will not, but the message should be passed.   Answer Question

Software Developer Engineer Interview

4 technical rounds and no HR round, Very easy questions at campus related to linked list and tree, and from project.
    Given a Heap find Nth largest node. you have access to left and right node.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Applies through university.First, there was a written coding test- where there were two easy coding questions- one was if u have a rotated sorted array, write the function to find a given key in o(logn).
    In the interviews they asked questions on DS and many OS questions.
    There was:
    1) coding round
    2) write a code on paper for the given problem
    3) Technical interview 1
    4) Technical interview 2
    5) HR

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

There was a written test(15 MCQ ques which mainly consists of basic C questions by cocubes).50 students were shortlisted followed by coding round(2 questions).Around 25 students were shortlisted further.Then 3 interviews + HR round was there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

The process was quite simple. I had applied through college placement department. Initial round was aptitude, this was an online round.Those who cleared this round were intimated about the second round which was online coding round consisting of two questions which were quite simple. Those who cleared this were shortlisted for third round which was a written coding round,consisted of one simple question. They were not concerned if you could solve the problem but were curious to see as to what logic was a person using. Some candidates from the second round were directly sent to the fourth round. The fourth and fifth rounds were technical interview. All rounds were elimination rounds. Last was the HR round.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were quite average. Not too tough and not too simple. All demanded presence of mind and out of the box approaches.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

The process was conducted by our university. First there was a objective round in which questions related to all the fields were asked, but mainly were from C,C++. Then there was a coding round. Tree and graph based questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Group fly round was the most unexpected in which all the candidates provided the same answer but without any specific reason some were short listed   Answer Question