Microsoft

Average Difficulty
500 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Allahabad

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2012.

Interview Details it was a campus hiring event. 2 written test and after that 4 technical interviews.
The Interviewer ware very cool guys and helped me during interview as well. they even give you hints if you stuck.

Interview Question – 1. Data structure and Algorithmic questions.(mostly you find on GFG )
2. OS concepts, DBMS
3. no question on networking
4. few design questions

i) find the no. of connected components in a undirected graph.
ii) generate all valid parenthesis using n open and close braces
iii) Question on prime no. generation and processing.
iv) process in OS ( full details)
v) a design question on college student management system and few queries on them.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, since it was a campus recruitment.

New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2010.

Interview Details When you are applying for the companies like Microsoft, be prepared. Don't go with half-hearted knowledge and practive. Command over data structures and algorithms is must. Generally after so many years in job, people tend to get away from hands on coding but that is must in these type of comapnies.

Interview Question – Find the middle point of a linked list in best possible way   View Answer

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details Interview Details:
One written exam at campus, 20 MCQ and 4 coding questions.
4 rounds of Technical Interviews followed by HR at MSIDC

Interview Question – every questions were difficult and unexpected ;)   Answer Question

Warangal

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2013.

Interview Details You are constantly being tested on basics. You gotta be logically strong and keep calm. The keep yo success here is to have your basics strong. It would not matter what was your GPA.
Basic knowledge of any programming language and good problem solving skills is good to go.

Interview Question – DId not feel anything was difficult   Answer Question

Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2009.

Interview Details I was interviewed on the phone and then invited to Hyderabad for more interviews. All the usual software questions ( data structures et al ).

I was asked to write bubble sort in the third interview. I wrote it and was immediately dismissed as wrong. I walked through the code and was dismissed again. The interview said that in bubble sort, the numbers bubble to the top. He made hand signs showing a supposed bubbling action. I have yet to stop laughing.

I felt serious regional feelings in this interview - apparently he had flown down from Redmond and recently settled back in Hyderabad. I am from a different part of India - trying really hard not to connect any regional stuff.

Interview Question – Nothing really - all the normal stuff.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Interview Details 3 technical interviews and one final manager interview - data structures and algos were asked

Interview Question – dynamic programming questions are often asked   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details On-Campus placement. Had a written round first. Top 15 are chosen for interviews. Most problems were on data structures and algorithms. The last round was conducted by a partner level person who decides your Role in the company

Interview Question – Given a BST, construct a circular doubly linked list at each level   Answer Question

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details I was intern at Microsoft. went through 4 rounds of technical interview at the end of internship period followed by technical discussion with general manager of my division

Interview Question – out of 25 horses select the fastest three in minimum number of races where in each race there would be exactly five horses.   View Answers (8)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New Delhi

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

Interview Details Aptitude Test, Coding Test, Telephonic Interview - Algorithms

Interview Question – Propose an algorithm to remove duplicates in very large datset (which cannot be completely stored in memory for processing). Now, give scenarios in which your algorithm fails.   View Answers (2)

New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Interview Details Microsoft came to our campus, and the process included one written test followed by interviews (3 or more).

Interview Question – All the questions were Data structures related   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!