Microsoft

Getting the Interview

479 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details Interview Details:
One written exam at campus, 20 MCQ and 4 coding questions.
4 rounds of Technical Interviews followed by HR at MSIDC

Interview Question – every questions were difficult and unexpected ;)   Answer Question

Warangal

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2013.

Interview Details You are constantly being tested on basics. You gotta be logically strong and keep calm. The keep yo success here is to have your basics strong. It would not matter what was your GPA.
Basic knowledge of any programming language and good problem solving skills is good to go.

Interview Question – DId not feel anything was difficult   Answer Question

Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2009.

Interview Details I was interviewed on the phone and then invited to Hyderabad for more interviews. All the usual software questions ( data structures et al ).

I was asked to write bubble sort in the third interview. I wrote it and was immediately dismissed as wrong. I walked through the code and was dismissed again. The interview said that in bubble sort, the numbers bubble to the top. He made hand signs showing a supposed bubbling action. I have yet to stop laughing.

I felt serious regional feelings in this interview - apparently he had flown down from Redmond and recently settled back in Hyderabad. I am from a different part of India - trying really hard not to connect any regional stuff.

Interview Question – Nothing really - all the normal stuff.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Interview Details 3 technical interviews and one final manager interview - data structures and algos were asked

Interview Question – dynamic programming questions are often asked   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details On-Campus placement. Had a written round first. Top 15 are chosen for interviews. Most problems were on data structures and algorithms. The last round was conducted by a partner level person who decides your Role in the company

Interview Question – Given a BST, construct a circular doubly linked list at each level   Answer Question

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details I was intern at Microsoft. went through 4 rounds of technical interview at the end of internship period followed by technical discussion with general manager of my division

Interview Question – out of 25 horses select the fastest three in minimum number of races where in each race there would be exactly five horses.   View Answers (7)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New Delhi

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

Interview Details Aptitude Test, Coding Test, Telephonic Interview - Algorithms

Interview Question – Propose an algorithm to remove duplicates in very large datset (which cannot be completely stored in memory for processing). Now, give scenarios in which your algorithm fails.   View Answers (2)

New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Interview Details Microsoft came to our campus, and the process included one written test followed by interviews (3 or more).

Interview Question – All the questions were Data structures related   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2009.

Interview Details Campus interview: They took 3 interview. Basic question. More focus on design and approach on new unknown problems.

Interview Question – an unknown design question   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus placements. The recruitment was for the India Development Center (MS-IDC). There was an online test having aptitude questions on C and three programing questions. Shortlisted candidates were later interviewed. There were 3 rounds and eliminations after each round. The CV played at an important role as well and the projects/publications impressed the interviewer.

Interview Question – Don't remember the questions so much. But one of them was, "Write an iterator to traverse a tree" . The interviewer later asked to me write the complete code (defining all the data structures as well) on a piece of paper. Not the most difficult one, but quite tiring.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got an offer from Google, Mountain View. Could have negotiated for the Redmond office, I think but felt Google was better anyways.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft Videos

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft Software Development Engineer interview questions and advice. All 479 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.