Miraca Life Sciences Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Miraca Life Sciences

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Irving, TX (US)).

Interview

The process was very quick and easy. I applied on Monday morning and someone from HR called me that afternoon to talk about the Specimen Processor position. I received a follow-up call from her the next day to schedule an in-person interview for the following day. I received an offer that Friday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the base pay. Benefits, 401k, vacation all great!

Lab Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miraca Life Sciences.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone a few days later. I had one casual interview a week later-- after a couple of generic questions, it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They are very direct about what the position pays and what benefits are availible. Nothing in my offer letter surprised me.

Histotech Interview

Interview

It was a "Round table" interview, with 3 people asking questions. There were 3 supervisors, or 2 supervisors and 1 lead tech. After the interview, there was a tour around the facility. Mainly the lab.

Interview Questions

• Plans for the next 3-5 years; Biggest obstacle that you've had to overcome; How did you prepare for this interview; Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Flow Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

HR person was professional and courteous but lied about holiday schedule. Told me multiple times during interview. I would have off the day after Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years, but that was not true.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. They are desperate because they have no qualified people to work in flow.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Irving, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter from networking with her on linked in. She was VERY helpful, informative and quite honestly the most professional recruiter I have every spoken with in my career (and I have spoken with one too many). She asked me typical resume questions but then asked me about my motivations and what was important to me. Then she explained those motivations incorporating the company's information and job description. This call really gave me insight to the company and people. They flew me into DFW for an interview. It was great. She walked me around to a few hiring leaders but most importantly prepped me for the day. It was a great experience. I was told I am one of the finalists, so we will see. Overall, excellent experience.

Interview Questions

• The VP interview was a little challenging in that he challenged me (to be expected). Just know that he takes this job and company seriously, and is trying to see how one reacts to tough situations. He told me in the end he feels like I can do this job well. Be sure to close everyone.   Answer Question

Laboratory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Miraca Life Sciences (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. I was contacted shortly after applying for a position on the company website. A recruiter from Miraca contacted me via phone and we talked about my employment history and what I was looking for moving forward. The recruiter was really easy to talk to, and I could tell she really enjoyed her job and she was very enthusiastic about Mirca. I then was scheduled to do an onsite interview with 4 different managers. I met with each manager for 30 minutes (2 hours total). I was also shown around the lab, which was impressive. I received an offer a few days later. Throughout the process, the recruiter stayed in close contact with me, so I knew what was going on the entire time. It was great!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process, step by step, of Flow cytometric acquisition and analysis from start to finish. What equipment have you used in the past.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with a supervisor, and how did you handle this difficulty?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really a chance to negotiate as the recruiter I was working with was very upfront about the range of salary that was being offered. She confirmed that what the company was offering was in line with my requirements prior to interviewing. I appreciated this because I knew I was not wasting my time, and I knew what to expect. Because of the clear communication, negotiating was not necessary.