Moderna Therapeutics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2014
Updated Jun 3, 2014

2.8

G&A Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

They seemed eager to have me on board and didn't drag their feet in making a reasonable offer. Vibe of the office seemed very busy, which made sense - it's a growing-start-up environment. Would have been helpful to interview with my potential counterparts, not just potential managers.

Senior Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics.

I got many relevant questions about my past experience from scientists/ senior scientists, and it was all friendly. By contrast, higher management was showing a nice mixture of ignorance and arrogance.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, all were rather easy   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in January 2014.

Was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Hiring manager failed to call at the appropriated time. The call was set up and rescheduled several more times because hiring manager could not make time. HR was exceptionally polite and apologetic through this process.I eventually spoke with a member of the group below the hiring manager to complete the phone screen and was invited for an on site interview. The interview lasted ~6hrs but could/should have been shorter. 1:1 sessions were scheduled for 45min each. The hiring manager met with me for 20min before giving me a brief tour and leading me to an interview room where I was left to sit until the next person arrived. Another interviewer dismissed himself a few minutes into the interview to take a phone call and returned to finish at the end of the day, leaving me to sit in a room alone for half an hour. A third interviewer attempted to gauge my interest in a different job in his own group - a lose/lose situation for the candidate (you don't want to close doors and say no thanks, but you don't want to appear opportunistic and willing to take just any job). I understand the company is going through rapid growth, and this is difficult, but after the interview process I was concerned about working at the company. I received no further feedback from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill interview questions, nothing particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in March 2014.

Very disgusting

Facilities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in November 2013.

Got 2 interviews through agency. First interview they called me 10 minutes before I was there they wanted me to go to their other location. So not knowing Cambridge Mass it proved to be a rat race as I had no GPS. Finally asked police officer found location sign for location was about 4 inch L by 1 inch W. Explained situation, interviewer apologized about change interview went well.Interviewer told me he would like me to come back meet other people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic no difficulty interview was supposed to be an hour with 2-3 people met one person for 15 mins.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Moderna Therapeutics in August 2012.

The location is nice and so was the office. Lots of Light. They interview day was pretty chaotic.

Interview Questions

I heard that a lot of their employees are not very happy there.

Worked for Moderna Therapeutics? Contribute to the Community!