Monash University Interview Questions

2.5

Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Quite informal.

Interview Questions

• What would I list as my negative traits?   1 Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

Selection criteria, phone interview, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview, offer, contract, start

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidates   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked to start the next week, they asked for a week later.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2011.

Interview

A phone interview about the current project and what is expect out of his/her lab. The PI talks about their research and lab and potential projects. Ask for recommendation and a chance for the interview to give a presentation of his/her work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years from now?   1 Answer
    • What are your technical skills and what can you contribute to this lab?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really. Just ask what is expected, what are the salaries, what's covered, what's not, and so and so forth.

Assistant Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monash University (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2008.

Interview

It was an informal discussion with the person who looked after all of the tutors at Monash. She was interested to learn why I wanted to be a tutor, what experience I had and those sorts of issues. Technical ability did not come into nor did understanding of economics. She was not even interested in one's ability to control a class room full of rowdy students.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favourite tutor and why?   1 Answer