Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
1,050 Interview Reviews

3.2

Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Aptitude followed by Technical and HR interviews,Aptitude is a bit difficult with 4 coding problems.
    Question related to c and c++ are quite twisted. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Morgan Stanley visited our campus for placements. We first had a online aptitude and coding test. The test could be answered in either C/C++ or Java.The aptitude questions were more difficult than the coding questions. 24 students were shortlisted for the interviews and after 4 rounds of interviewing 6 of us were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would design and implement the pattern unlock lock screen of android   Answer Question

Senior Manager - IT Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Hiring procedure consisted of couple of telephonic rounds, technical only, they asked simple concepts on Java and Database. Will ask you to write some code and read it out. Will involve design oriented questions and algorithms also.

Interview Questions
    • I could answer all questions, the dificult oneswere on threading and advanced DB design etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, i was not looking for a change with money in my mind.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon East
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon East

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

There were just 2 rounds:
    1. by the team leader
    2. Managerial round

GT is basically a contractual position of 6 months and depending on their need, requirement and candidates performance, they might extend the contract and at a later stage if headcounts are available they might even confirm you.

They did not ask me too many technical questions. Most of the questions were from my resume. and rest was process related. For eg.: what is cash recon., why is it required, if balances match are we still required to do cash recon. and there were questions on mutual fund like, what is NAV and its calculation, what is the asset for a Mutual fund.. these questions were asked by the team leader

the Managerial round was almost a formality.

Try to negotiate. don't worry they will come back to you, but push them a little more, stating its after all a contractual position.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Morgan Stanley visited our campus for IT analyst profile for the Strats and Modelling division based in Mumbai. There was a 2-hour written test which had questions on algorithm and probability. They shortlisted 10 people for the interviews. The first round had 2 interviews of 30 minutes each. The interviews were again based on probability and algorithms. Five people were shortlisted for the final round.

Interview Questions
    • The questions in algorithm were difficult. Like find the shortest path between 2 connected component in the matrix   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Tell me about yourself.
    Why should I hire you?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    Why do you want to work at our company?
    What is the difference between confidence and over confidence?
    What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
    How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
    Can you work under pressure?
    Are you willing to relocate or travel?
    What are your goals?
    What motivates you to do good job?
    What makes you angry?
    Give me an example of your creativity.
    How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
    Are not you overqualified for this position?
    Describe your ideal company, location and job.
    What are your career options right now?
    Explain how would be an asset to this organization?
    What are your outside interests?
    Would you lie for the company?
    Who has inspired you in your life and why?
    What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
    Have you considered starting your own business?
    How do you define success and how do you measure up to your own definition?
    If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?
    Tell me something about our company.
    How much salary do you expect?
    Where do you see yourself five years from now?
    On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.
    Do you have any questions for me?

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

For morgan stanley summer analyst program in Mumbai (as an internship)
    First round is MCQ test on computer
    It consists of few aptitude questions and few programming questions
    Programming language can be chosen as one out of C,C++ and Java .
    2 coding questions in the next part where in you have to code 2 programs given the sample input and output .
    After shortlisting , we have the Interview round .(my friend's opinions below)
    Interview was general , not much technical .
    Stressed more on leadership qualities .

Interview Questions
    • How to implement a good data structure for a social networking site like fb .   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

Online test followed by telephonic rounds of interviews. The person who was taking the interview didn't had any knowledge of the technology and told me to hold up the phone for 10 mins in between. Then he started asking oneliner questions, looked like he was reading questions from somewhere. I got mail in 10 mins after the interview that you didn't clear the interview. I hope next time when they tell someone to take the interview, the person is atleast competent to do so and please don't waste someones valuable time.

Interview Questions
    • How many threads garbage collector uses?   View Answer

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through college campus placements.
    Online aptitude test consited of two rounds.
    1. 40 questions to be solved in one hour. (10 Quantitative, 30 C/C++/Java)
    2. A boxing match with an autograder. Solve three programming questions in one hour.

Quantitative questions were disturbing. If unprepared, will be a serious dent to your confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Questions.
      1. WAP to determine the maximum number of cars parked simultaneously in a parking lot (Arrays in Java)
      2. WAP to determine sum of elements in rows, columns and diagonals of an n x n Matrix
      3. WAP for polynomial multiplication
        Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The first round of interview was with the HR. Basic HR questions were asked. This was followed by a Test, which included questions on accounting, capital markets, logical reasoning. This was followed by a technical round of interview. Questions asked were on topics like capital markets, hedge funds, financial ratios,etc