Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst - Technology Interview

Analyst - Technology
Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Interview Details We had 6 rounds :-

1st round : 30 MCQ question - 30 Minutes ( sectional cutoff was there also it was +4/-1 )
2nd round : coding test - 4 questions - 30 minutes ( write code on paper )
3rd round : Technical Interview

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Usually it starts with telephonic round. In the F-to-F 1st round they started with heavily core java questions. Most of us would have never imagined that kind of questions. I did not pass the first round. They asked few DB questions. Too deep on core java. Mostly on performance tuning. It was very nice experience even though I lost in the first round itself. They see how you approach the problem.

Interview Question – How do you manage session details of the recent 10 most active users? Which are the collections you use for this?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Pune

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2013.

Interview Details There were 5 rounds in total. The first round consisted of coding test, where you are given 45 minutes and you have to solve 4 problems. The problems were based on DFS, Array Searching, String Manipulation and Trees. Then we had a 1:1 interview. We were asked basic C,C++ or Java (our preference) stuff.and little about threads, IPC in OS. Then few people were eliminated. Then we had a GD with some photographs given and we all needed to form a story. Then we had a final 1:1 technical round. The last round was totally biased. Some people were just asked standard nqueens problem and basic of programming and I was asked to design a gtalk application with all the frontend, backend, classes, use cases in addition to three coding problems and puzzles The last round was an HR round.

Interview Question – The last round consisted of designing an entire gtalk application in addition to three coding problems and puzzles   Answer Question

Senior Associate-Portfolio Analytics Interview

Senior Associate-Portfolio Analytics
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details 4 Rounds of Interview, 2 technical rounds after that 1 Global round of interview then HR round, 2 managers took my Interview then 1 VP and 1 senior manager took interview then HR manger took interview

Interview Question – Few technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and Phone interview was scheduled. Phone interviews was missed by morgan stanley people and recruiter has to reschedule the phone interview about 5-6 times. I was patient enough and finally the phone interview happened. It was mostly core java questions. I was called in for F2F interview the following day.

Had 4 rounds of technical round. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. What stood out was old people (maybe 40+) with grey hairs were also technically compentent.

1st round was taken by very senior person which was mostly about simple java questions. He focused more on the details and nitty-gritties of java collections.

2nd round was problem solving, design and coding. Had to come up with solution to a scenario and code the solution. Again this went smoothly and interviewer was very friendly.

3rd round with VP. Again asked questions on designing, distributed scheduler and serialization.

4th round was with a guy who was not so friendly. I was quickly able to figure out that he the dullest of the bunch when he asked a question to find maximum subsequence with largest sum in array and I asked him a clarification if it is subsequence or subarray and he asked me what is the difference since both are the same. By this time, I was totally exhausted (6.30 in evening) and was in no mood to convince him of little details about how one problem is NP hard and other is kadane's algorithm. Gave him final solution and not the explanation.

Finally after repeated follow up, I got feedback that I did not clear the last round of interview.

Overall a mixed reaction with some people being very nice and other being not so friendly.

Interview Question – - Given a set of transactions done by a person, it can reach a server in different order. Had to come up with a solution to maintain all transactions done by a person in the order it was done though transactions may arrive out of order.   View Answer

Vice President - IT Interview

Vice President - IT
Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details Total five interviews
1. Telephonic interview - technical
2. Telephonic interview - more technical
3. Telephonic interview - technical
Called to Mumbai for face to face interviews
Had a technical interviews followed by a fitment and an HR interview
and was offered within a week

Whole process was very fast and took only 3 weeks

Interview Question – Very technical interview but most were OK
Lot on Perl, automation, OOPs, XML, web services etc
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a hint that they wont like negotiation.
I was offered very near to what I wanted and I accepted the offer

HTML5 Mobile Developer Interview

HTML5 Mobile Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Had an interview for the position of HTML5 Mobile developer.

The interviewer have zero idea about the front end.

The interviewer believes JSP is front-end.

Interview Question – considering all UI components are same and inform the work flow..   View Answer

Reason for Declining – From the questions asked, am able to understand the quality of work done by them in front-end.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details Initially had 1 written test on Interviewstreet which consist of 5 objective quest and 3 programming quest and test duration was 1 hour.,then I had 3 tech telephonic rounds spanning through multiple days.After this called for f2f discussion,had 2 tech rounds(including hiring manager) and then HR.

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation.They offered based on my number of years of exp.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details 8 Interviews, very basic level interviews, They want majorly people from product company background having in depth knowledge of their subject. SQL, Java, Alogrithms. etc

Interview Question – About the rubix cube   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Analyst - Technology
Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details This was a campus hiring process

Interview Question – It has been very long. I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a campus hiring process and the compensation were fixed for the whole batch of campus recruits.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!