Morgan Stanley Interview Questions & Reviews

997 interviews

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

For morgan stanley summer analyst program in Mumbai (as an internship)
    First round is MCQ test on computer
    It consists of few aptitude questions and few programming questions
    Programming language can be chosen as one out of C,C++ and Java .
    2 coding questions in the next part where in you have to code 2 programs given the sample input and output .
    After shortlisting , we have the Interview round .(my friend's opinions below)
    Interview was general , not much technical .
    Stressed more on leadership qualities .

Interview Questions
    • How to implement a good data structure for a social networking site like fb .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2014.

very tiring it went through the whole say ..its agood company and the HRs were quite friendly and took the interview very normally ...they asked me in depth about all the core subjects ,so deep knowledge of the subject is required ..

Interview Questions
    • i was asked very deep concepts of semaphores in operating system   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune
    Anonymous Employee in Pune

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

1.First Round

a.Aptitude 45 min
    Data Interpretation and Quantitative aptitude

b.Coding online
    3 questions 45 min

Then they shortlist based on merit and performance in first round

2.Second Round

First Technical interview
    Data structures and programming on paper

Again they shortlist.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat
    Anonymous Employee in Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat

We had 6 rounds :-

1st round : 30 MCQ question - 30 Minutes ( sectional cutoff was there also it was +4/-1 )
    2nd round : coding test - 4 questions - 30 minutes ( write code on paper )
    3rd round : Technical Interview
    4th round : Technical Interview
    5th round : HR Interview
    6th round : group activity

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through college campus placements.
    Online aptitude test consited of two rounds.
    1. 40 questions to be solved in one hour. (10 Quantitative, 30 C/C++/Java)
    2. A boxing match with an autograder. Solve three programming questions in one hour.

Quantitative questions were disturbing. If unprepared, will be a serious dent to your confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Questions.
      1. WAP to determine the maximum number of cars parked simultaneously in a parking lot (Arrays in Java)
      2. WAP to determine sum of elements in rows, columns and diagonals of an n x n Matrix
      3. WAP for polynomial multiplication
        Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

The first round of interview was with the HR. Basic HR questions were asked. This was followed by a Test, which included questions on accounting, capital markets, logical reasoning. This was followed by a technical round of interview. Questions asked were on topics like capital markets, hedge funds, financial ratios,etc

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Usually it starts with telephonic round. In the F-to-F 1st round they started with heavily core java questions. Most of us would have never imagined that kind of questions. I did not pass the first round. They asked few DB questions. Too deep on core java. Mostly on performance tuning. It was very nice experience even though I lost in the first round itself. They see how you approach the problem.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage session details of the recent 10 most active users? Which are the collections you use for this?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune
    Anonymous Employee in Pune

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2013.

There were 5 rounds in total. The first round consisted of coding test, where you are given 45 minutes and you have to solve 4 problems. The problems were based on DFS, Array Searching, String Manipulation and Trees. Then we had a 1:1 interview. We were asked basic C,C++ or Java (our preference) stuff.and little about threads, IPC in OS. Then few people were eliminated. Then we had a GD with some photographs given and we all needed to form a story. Then we had a final 1:1 technical round. The last round was totally biased. Some people were just asked standard nqueens problem and basic of programming and I was asked to design a gtalk application with all the frontend, backend, classes, use cases in addition to three coding problems and puzzles The last round was an HR round.

Interview Questions
    • The last round consisted of designing an entire gtalk application in addition to three coding problems and puzzles   Answer Question

Senior Associate-Portfolio Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

4 Rounds of Interview, 2 technical rounds after that 1 Global round of interview then HR round, 2 managers took my Interview then 1 VP and 1 senior manager took interview then HR manger took interview

No Negotiations

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and Phone interview was scheduled. Phone interviews was missed by morgan stanley people and recruiter has to reschedule the phone interview about 5-6 times. I was patient enough and finally the phone interview happened. It was mostly core java questions. I was called in for F2F interview the following day.

Had 4 rounds of technical round. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. What stood out was old people (maybe 40+) with grey hairs were also technically compentent.

1st round was taken by very senior person which was mostly about simple java questions. He focused more on the details and nitty-gritties of java collections.

2nd round was problem solving, design and coding. Had to come up with solution to a scenario and code the solution. Again this went smoothly and interviewer was very friendly.

3rd round with VP. Again asked questions on designing, distributed scheduler and serialization.

4th round was with a guy who was not so friendly. I was quickly able to figure out that he the dullest of the bunch when he asked a question to find maximum subsequence with largest sum in array and I asked him a clarification if it is subsequence or subarray and he asked me what is the difference since both are the same. By this time, I was totally exhausted (6.30 in evening) and was in no mood to convince him of little details about how one problem is NP hard and other is kadane's algorithm. Gave him final solution and not the explanation.

Finally after repeated follow up, I got feedback that I did not clear the last round of interview.

Overall a mixed reaction with some people being very nice and other being not so friendly.

Interview Questions
    • - Given a set of transactions done by a person, it can reach a server in different order. Had to come up with a solution to maintain all transactions done by a person in the order it was done though transactions may arrive out of order.   View Answer

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!