NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Process was very informal (even featured some swearing on their part). Very typical interview questions. However was monotonous and repetitive since you do the same interview with 4 different people back-to-back

C2C West Coast Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and then got an email telling me that I got a web interview. It was recommended to complete the interview within 48 hours. It was kind of weird talking to myself, but they gave a practice question "tell me about yourself" that you could do before. You could redo and watch yourself answer this question as many times as you wanted, but you couldn't watch back any of the actual interview questions. You had 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then an allotted time to answer the question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with basic questions about my GPA and background before a timed video interview that allowed a practice round before the answers were actually recorded. The questions were timed and the time varied by question, ranging from 30 seconds to 1:30. The questions from the practice round were the same as the real round, but the order varied.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Very smooth. Applied online, a month later, got a call from HR to set up phone interview. Once the phone interview passed, HR called again for an in-person interview. Then I got the internship after 2 months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Standard format no major surprises. Initial video interview thereafter a face to face. Advised HR would contact me within a couple of days.
    The issue was I never had any feedback even after chasing HR and hiring manager multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience of having to release someone from their role.   Answer Question

Manager - Digital Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

All involved were very welcoming, very forthcoming with information regarding the position, the team, and the work environment. I met with five different members of the team in the span of three hours.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of something you had a chance to create as a solution to a problem?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2015.

Interview

A Campus 2 Career recruiter came to my school and selected some students for 15 min interviews. Followed up the in person interview with a thank you email and note but didn't hear anything for a month and a half. I was then was contacted for a live feed, skype-type of interview. They got back to me within a week of the online interview with an answer.

East Coast Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

To get an initial video interview with NBCUniversal for their East Coast Page Program, you need to know a former Page, a current executive at NBCU, and you need to have had extensive internships in the media and entertainment industry. Once you get the video interview, you have a minute to prepare for each question and roughly a minute to reply, via video conferencing software in which no one is on the other end. After completing this initial part of the process, you should expect to wait a number of weeks before hearing back. If you do hear back, you'll be extended a chance to participate in a panel interview with 4-6 other Page Program candidates. The wait time between your video interview and panel interview can range anywhere from 1-3 months. The panel interview is definitely daunting and something you have to extensively prepare for. The group interview is easy, just be yourself. For the 2-minute presentation, do something creative, unique, and make sure you practice it plenty of times to make sure you stay within 2 minutes. The one-on-one interview part of the panel interview lacks personality and the interviewers are rather serious. Only one interviewer speaks and the other two are there primarily to listen and observe your behavior/s. You are not only judged on how you act but how you act while others are speaking. After the panel interview, expect to wait another month or two before hearing back. You'll hear back through email and it is very impersonal. Overall, the experience was out-of-this-world but the process is grueling and after waiting almost 3 months, the end-result can be rather disappointing. A process NOT for the faint of heart.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Sell NBCUniversal to investors in less than 2 minutes. What entertainment experience do you have? What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? Discuss something that sets you apart from everyone else.   Answer Question

Digital Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

met with my interviewer and answered basic questions about the position and my previous experience. everyone that i had met with was very friendly and made it a great environment to be in. interviewing process was very stress free and laid back. the questions were not hard to answer at all

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a generally positive experience with the Page Program hiring process, the only frustration being its duration. I applied in June online, video interviewed in July, participated in an in-person panel interview in August, and heard back 9 weeks later in November. Once getting into the program there is an additional wait because you can only enter when a current Page leaves. The program administrator was generally very responsive and nice, answering emails promptly (besides within that 9 week period). At the panel interview, I got a similarly pleasant vibe from the other interviews and employees. I would suggest researching the program and company thoroughly online before your interviews, and a poised, well-articulated presentation seemed better received than theatrics in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would implement to improve the company?   Answer Question