NBCUniversal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details Applied through employee referral and heard back the next day from HR. Set up a brief informational interview with HR for one week later. When the time came for the phone interview, HR kept pushing it back by an hour because of problems arising in the office. Finally when came time to interview, it aws very brief, just a few basic questions and then we scheduled an in person interview with the department. After the in person interview I was told a decisions was being made "soon" and I would hear back "soon." After a week and a half, I followed up with HR and expressed my continued interest and was told they were finalizing a final round of candidates and I would hear back "soon." After not hearing anything for a few weeks I figured I didn't get the position and finally two months after my initial phone interview I got a generic email that the position had been filled.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for NBC   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview was via webcam and gives you 30 seconds to prep after the question is shown, and 2 minutes to answer each question… Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? Why do you want to work at NBC? What are your career goals? Why do you want to work in Sales?

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

C2C West Coast Interview

C2C West Coast

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details I applied through the website and received an email for a VIDEO interview. I don't care for these type of interviews bc talking to a camera makes me nervous. Not sure if I will make it to the next round, because I'm not good at video interviews. I would have preferred a phone interview. They will let you take the interview again if you're not happy with the first one.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are going to be a good fit at NBCUniversal and C2C? What's the best environment you prefer to work in?   Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Page Program
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Interview Details Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Question – Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Digital Position Interview Experience Interview

Digital Position Interview Experience
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details Overall, the the interview process was pleasant, until we reached the references portion. There the process became one of the worst I've dealt with in recent years.

One of my references flat out refused to be used (didn't understand why then, now I totally get it) due to their apparent historical 'abuse' of references, which was news to me. Not sure how an HR group could put a sour taste in an external reference's mouth. But apparently it has happened.

They require two out of four of your supervisors be used as a reference. Which is fine, but in taking a small poll, most people from my industry do not keep in close contact with their past bosses. Not close enough to use as a reference.

A day after I provided the needed rank and number of references, the position description/duties changed and I was no longer in consideration. So my references, were probed for basically nothing.

I'm confident my references gave glowing reviews, so I'm certain they weren't lying about the last minute position change. I'm also assuming the department I was being considered for doesn't really have their act together. I dodged a bullet and at this time, I recommend you saving yourself from this department for the next year or so. At least give them time to figure out their structure.

Interview Question – Describe how you'd change the department or make a mark in your first 30 days in this position.   Answer Question

Sports Interview

Sports
Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details I applied through the website and was then interviewed by an HR representative. It was a great interview, but took a long time to hear back from them. It was the first time that they had an internship program with NBC Sports so it was a bit disorganized. The interview was really engaging and once I heard back that I had gotten the position it took about a week longer to hear back on what department I would be working with.

Interview Question – Tell me about your minor and why you chose to study that?   Answer Question

Sales Marketing Interview

Sales Marketing
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2011.

Interview Details Had a previous relationship with a Sales Planner who recommended me to the Sales Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Manager. I came in for a face to face interview and gave them a previous writing sample which they requested. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was really used to get a feel for my motivation and attitude.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be good fit in this role?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant
Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details Applied online and was called for an interview right away. Had 2 interviews. Questions were regular interview questions if you're prepared. Don't overthink it and don't over accomplish the interview .

Interview Question – What made you apply for this position   Answer Question

Campus II Careers Intern Interview

Campus II Careers Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process went extremely well. The interviewer was very relaxed and seemed genuinely interested in placing me in the right position. She asked about my interests, how I found out about the company, what roles I would see myself in. Definitely expect to answer the typical "tell me about yourself" questions, also be prepared to present why you truly want to work for the company. Be genuine. The company truly wants innovative thinkers and interns who have done research before applying.

Interview Question – Why did you choose NBCU over our competitors?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted and set up an in-person interview, no screening call with the hiring manager. The coordinator was flaky and hard to get ahold of. Had a dual interview with both the hiring manager and their boss. Questions were simple and not difficult at all. Entire interview was about 40 min including my questions.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in nbc?   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!