NBCUniversal Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
207 interviews

2.8

News Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

I was first sent a link that with instructions on how to take the video interview. During the interview, I had to record my responses to five questions. And for each questions you get 30 seconds to prepare, and then one to two minute to respond.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2014.

Video interview, then contacted for a first round where I met with four executives, then came back in for additional interview with more executives and the EVP, then hired! It was very long the interviews would last a few hours because each meeting was 30-45 minutes so be ready and on your A-game.

Interview Questions
    • It was all very conversational not necessarily difficult questions that you could pin-point.   View Answer
    N/A

C2C West Coast Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Applied directly on the website, addressed my letter to a hiring manager I was referred to. She then emailed me back about a 2-3 weeks later and we set up a phone interview. I spoke with her and two other NBC employees about my work experience, my knowledge of the company and the particular department I applied to, etc. The call was friendly and casual, lasted about 20 minutes. I followed up two times, and about 1.5 weeks after the interview I was offered/accepted the position!

Interview Questions
    • Just prepare a solid elevator pitch that sums up who you are, where you've worked, and what you know about the position you're applying for.   Answer Question

Executive Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

I applied in June on the NBCUniversal C2C Website. After almost 2 months, I finally heard back and was asked to participate in a video interview. The link to the interview would expire within about 5 days. I did the interview and the interface was a bit complicated. The interview consisted of 7 questions; for each question you were given 30 seconds of preparatory time and 2 minutes to answer. If, at the end of the interview, I was unhappy with the results, I had one chance to redo the entire interview. A week later, I was emailed that I was being considered for the Executive Office Internship. The next day, I received an email directly from the executive offices staff to schedule a phone interview. The interviewers were very nice and spent about half of my 20 minute interview telling me about the position that I was being considered for. A little over a week later, I got a call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about NBC Sports?   Answer Question
    • What professional or academic accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a school or work-related project were you in charge of and how did you handle those responsibilities?   Answer Question

Campus II Career Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Hiring process took 4 weeks. First, it offers a video interview. The video interview was basically a timed recording of yourself. A few questions popped up that asked about why you want to work for NBC, what professional experiences/skills you have that can contribute to the company, basically very simple questions. You have 30 seconds to think of a response and 1-2 minutes to say your response. Next, The recruiter emailed me back the day after and offered a networking event at the headquarters. You're able to have face-time with the recruiter as well as 8 other HR hiring managers of each department. Last, the hiring managers would offer a phone interview.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2014.

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

No negotiation.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2014.

I submitted my resume online, and I was asked to interview for "Production intern", although I did not apply for that. I emailed the HR staff who contacted me, regarding what the internship will be about, what I would be doing, etc. No answers for that, so I basically went into the interview at 30 Rock not knowing what to expect. There were three people interviewing me in total - one of them was late, one of them was texting the entire time, and the other one who was talking to me (who was seemingly the boss of that operation) was kind of a jerk. They basically just wanted some people to help run errands for them at minimum wage because they were starting a new show and needed help gathering props and stuff for the set. My resume indicated zero experience or intent on doing that sort of job, so why they chose to interview me was beyond me. A week later, I got an email saying I did not get the internship. I'm thankful, because I was looking up how I could advance my career in this field, and it is very unlikely. Even if you do become successful in it, the likelihood of making a lot of money (relative to the work you would have to put in) is low. When you consider how much money you get, and the total number of hours put in, you could literally make more as a union garbage man by the hour. If you're sweating bullets over your impending interview, don't worry, you're actually better off not getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • In a perfect world, where do you see yourself in 10 years? AND DON'T SAY BILLIONAIRE SITTING ON A BEACH, BE REALISTIC! (actually yelled).   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

The interview was via webcam and gives you 30 seconds to prep after the question is shown, and 2 minutes to answer each question… Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? Why do you want to work at NBC? What are your career goals? Why do you want to work in Sales?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!