NBCUniversal

Updated 5 Aug 2014

2.7

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2014.

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

No negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions
    • What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question
    Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Questions
    • What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points.

I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions:

1. Why do you want to leave you current company?
    2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    3. Why NBC Universal?
    4. Can you learn new software quick?

I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process.

NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Master Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Questions
    • A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question