NBCUniversal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and offered an interview. I took the interview and showed up on time to the offices. Members of the technical team asked me questions and I answered them the best I could.

Interview Question – Describe object oriented programming   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Communications Associate Interview

Communications Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Question – Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

Digital Traffic Specialist
West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points.

I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions:

1. Why do you want to leave you current company?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. Why NBC Universal?
4. Can you learn new software quick?

I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process.

NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Facilities Operations Manager
Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Question – What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Question – What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Page Interview

Page
Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Question – Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Writer/Producer Interview

Writer/Producer
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Interview Details Mainly spoke with HR over the period of several weeks, multiple phone and in-person interviews. Spent only a brief time interviewing with the department supervisor, whom I would end up working with every day of my employment, but quite a few hours with various HR people who I'd never speak with again.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- they made their offer and I could accept or decline.

Director, Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Director, Business and Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2009.

Interview Details Initially met with the heads of the department. Thereafter met with most members of the department. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult. The interview process was lengthy because I was given the opportunity to meet with potential future colleagues. Each one asked different types of questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Interview Details Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Attorney
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Question – No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!