NPD

Updated 2 Jan 2015
Updated 2 Jan 2015

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NPD.

basic job interview questions name a time you show leadership? I recommend people to attend practice interviews most of interviews were about 85% the same leadership, showing initiative, dealing with a difficult co-work or classmate questions.

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had to finish a task when you have very little time   View Answer
    no negotiation at all

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NPD.

The interviewer was very informative. He spent the first 30 minutes walking me through NPD and who their clients are. I was asked why NPD? and why the specific department? The interview was over Skype. It was business casual.

Account Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NPD in October 2014.

The HR recruiter reached out to me for a standard phone screening, which was conducted the next day. Typical questions asking why I'm applying for the position, how my experience relates to the posted job responsibilities, etc. Also went over in greater detail the expectations of the position and the type of clientele it would work with on a day-to-day basis. Was told after all of this that the team is currently interviewing candidates and it may be too late to get me in for an interview, but that she would -definitely- get back to me later that day or early the next with an answer from the team on whether or not they wanted to bring me in last-minute. Was taken back by this-- why even call and waste both ends' times with this interview? She did offer to look into similar roles should the team not want to throw a last-minute candidate into the mix, and assured me I'd hear from her about that as well. Followed up the next day via email and, as expected, never heard back. Very unprofessional demeanor and tactic.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous experience relate to the client-handling responsibilities of this position?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing/List Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NPD in August 2014.

1 week after my online application, I had phone interview and she (HR) asked me about my experience. She was fine. She asked me my availability for face to face interview at the office. I did follow up email and reminder email but never heard back from her.
    It would be just nice to email candidate that they chose someone else. Knowing nothing is worse than receiving a rejection.

Account Associate Interview

It was of three steps, the first one with the HR: generic question about CV and motivations. The second one with the team manager: more specific questions about the job and what NPD offers. The third with a senior manager: generic question

Operations Associate Interview

Phone interview and in person

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NPD in March 2014.

Similar to the other interviews, I had an initial phone screening from a New York recruiter after sending my resume in. I was told I would receive a follow up later that day or the next day to schedule the second round of interviews. I never received a follow up. After 3-4 days I emailed the recruiter, and was told she would be in touch with me as soon as she had more direction. It’s been over 3 weeks, and I still haven't received a response.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just a more detailed look at my background, and questions on how strong my analytical skills are.   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NPD in December 2013.

Interviewed with an account manager followed by the account director. Prepare to answer questions in the STAR format. Also make sure to be able to give an example or two of your intellectual curiosity, specifically in the sector in which your position is found, ie food, fashion, technology, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining with an example my intellectual curiosity for the subject matter of my choice.   Answer Question
    I accepted an entry level position and did not negotiate my salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NPD.

The hiring process was straightforward. There was an initial phone screen and then one or two on-site interviews. The process moved along fairly rapidly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "trap" questions. Most interviews were fairly conversational, and focused on the type of work NPD is engaged in.   Answer Question
    There was no meaningful negotiation.

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NPD in November 2013.

Got a really quick phone interview with a hiring director, asking about some background information. Then had a on site interview with the hiring director. About 3 days later, met with on the hiring manger and EVP of Operation Department.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are about who you are, what you like and what is your future career plan. No difficult technical questions. All the questions focus on behavioral questions.   Answer Question