National City Interview Questions

2.5

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at National City.

Interview

Hired thru recruiter: Recruiter negotiated initial terms. NCC HR interview 1st. HR representative was very friendly and helpful. Two interviews with IT staff and managers. Interview was not too technical, but not ignorant of the facts and characteristics needed to be revealed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate either slight increase in salary or additional week of vacation.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National City (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National City (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

phone interview. recruiter asked several questions about my background... 30 minutes max.

Interview Questions

• None, standard question -- reviewing my background and experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National City in January 2010.

Interview

Great culture and people to work for. Very upfront in regards to position and what is expected.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National City (Bowling Green, OH (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
    1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
    second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
    interview went very well

Interview Questions

• Tell about experience with cash handling   1 Answer
    • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at National City (West Palm Beach, FL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. The phone interview was over before I realized it began. Be prepared to articulate your experience working with excel/access.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at National City in October 2009.

Interview

Got a phone call from Branch Manager. Got a call from HR that I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She gave the pay and I agreed with it.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at National City (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

I had to apply on the web site and take an easy IQ/Personality test of about 25 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $40,000 I countered at $45,000 and we settled on $42,000

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National City in July 2009.

Interview

They conducted a short phone interview before inviting me in for two separate one-on-one interviews. The one-on-one interviews were given on the same day. I heard within a week of the outcome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National City in August 2008.

Interview

First, I filled out a survey on the internet. This wasn't too long - mostly questions about past experience, associates that are currently employed, and any fraud related crimes. Next was the 1:1 interview which consisted of HR type questions and relevant success stories. Overall, an easy interview with little question as to whether or not I would be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where your felt challenged and overcame obstacles to succeed?   Answer Question