National University of Singapore

Very Easy Interview

Research Scholar Interview

Research Scholar
New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at National University of Singapore in September 2009.

Interview Details Of late NUS has become quite stringent in selecting students. However a good undergrad university or a good CGPA can easily propel you to the elite list. Still to quantify the criteria, for GRE: I would say, there is no magic score but 1300+ should be safe. As for TOEFL: 90+ should be fine. But most importantly a good Statement of Purpose and research oriented CV can do wonders. Actually, your research ideas and ambitions are your USP. And during the final interview the interviewer would be more interested in your Final year Project and internships rather than your scores and grades.

Interview Question – There is no perfect recipe for the selection process. Admits vary each semester. As usual masters admit is easier to obtain than PhD for one thing, PhD admit is determined by the no. of scholarships available for the semester intake.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied online and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details 2 interviews. 2nd interview involves presentation.

PhD Candidate Interview

PhD Candidate

I applied online and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details This was for the PhD position at YLL School of Medicine. Regular PhD questions of why, what are your interests, post PhD plans; relocation to Singapore, potential lab interests. Easy enough. They specifically asked about the techniques I have learned. They also asked about grades.

Interview Question – One particular technique I had done two years ago. I managed to say the basics, but I honestly couldn't remember the details; as I'd done it only two.three times.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details Employer (Prof) would ask you about your inclinations and willingness to work past office hours (as expected for research related work). The prof would then describe his/her current works and the findings and he/she would ask you few questions on how would you be able to help out in the lab. They would bring you to meet their lab members and would allow you to have a small chat with them and let you have interactions with them.

Interview Question – They might ask technical questions   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details The hiring process of NUS for TA position normally takes about 3-4 weeks. The potential candidates are mainly from the PhD students inside each department. However, in some cases, they will be recruiting from outside.

The interview is generally standard. They asked you about your teaching background. Be confident and be firm.

Interview Question – Your skill sets might be not matched with their needs. But never mind, you can show that the fundamental philosophy of teaching is the same by applying the same method.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details Schedule a meeting with the professor. Talk with him during the meeting about your background. Sometimes he will ask for your transcript and determine whether you are suitable for the job.

Interview Question – Your academic background   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details Mailed to a proffessor on my research interests..
Had a call with him about my current area of work and what I wish to do ..

Interview Question – Nothing.. just questions about my experience   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow

Interview Details Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Question – What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details Email and 1 interview.

Interview Question – Research related question.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details What are you research interests? What kind of research you have ever done?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself after 3 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National University of Singapore interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews are posted anonymously by National University of Singapore employees and interview candidates.