Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated 13 Mar 2015

2.9

Electrical Engineering2015 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy process, i applied online, it took 4 weeks for them to reach me back. Just make sure you have an appealing resume. This is the easiest interview i have taken, It is webcam based prerecorded questions, So you are not as reluctant as you would be during face to face. Make sure you have some of your good academic and practical experience worded out, so you can answer the question they ask. Its mostly situational and behavioral question, no technical question.

Interview Questions

• When did you first hear about navistar? Describe a situation when you had to lead a team? etc Basic Questions, could be found online!!   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

One on-site interview, called by the internal recruiter.
    Interview took 2 hours, no tour, just arrive, answer questions, and leave.
    Manager was became agitated when I asked about telecommuting.
    No follow-up, no rejection email, nothing.

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar (Joliet, IL (US)).

Interview

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL (US)).

Interview

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions

• Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Questions

• Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

Negotiation

if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL (US)).

Interview

The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Questions

• None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?