Navistar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Senior Product Development Engineer
Lisle, IL (US)

I interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

Interview Details SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Question – how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2013.

Interview Details I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Question – Typical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Melrose Park, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Question – Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Question – Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Product Development Engineer, Senior Interview

Product Development Engineer, Senior
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Navistar in November 2011.

Interview Details 1 round of in person interviews - only behavioral questions. no technical questions.

Interview Question – Describe an experience where you had to deal with an unpleasant person/situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No scope for negotiation

FALD Program Interview

FALD Program
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

Interview Details I applied through my school's career center and had one 30 minute, on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a few easy behavioral questions and one technical question regarding connections between the financial statements. I was called a little over a month later with an offer.

Interview Question – Explain the relationship between the balance sheet and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Warrenville, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2009.

Interview Details Behavioral-based interviews. First a phone interview with recruiter/HR then with direct manager.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes there was some room to move on salary. Not much else.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Navistar in June 2009.

Interview Details One phone interview, two in person interviews. First in person inteview occured on a Saturday and I had to drive 200 mile to get there. No help from Navistar for hotels or mileage. Questions very high level and indicated managers lack of knowledge about fundamental concepts. Second interview was with three people. All of them told me to not take the job unless I had no other alternatives.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions, but all iterviews were a bit odd   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me a low ball offer. I countered and ultimately got a signing bonus, 5K more per year.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navistar in October 2009.

Interview Details 1 interview with a behavioral and technical question. The behavioral question was basic. Technical was: you have a bracket you need to put on a truck. Should it be made from steel or aluminum? The basis was to see your thought process and why/how you approached a solution.

Interview Question – The technical question was unexpected but not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

Negotiation Details – if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navistar

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees and interview candidates.