Neiman Marcus

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.6

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

They asked very easy and simple questions about my resume, aspirations, and why I wanted to work for Neiman Marcus. Very laid back interview. No tricky questions. The interview was at Texas A&M University with a college recruiter. I did not get a second interview because I had one more semester left and they only wanted graduating seniors for their interviews at that point in time.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Hiring process begins with a standard survey/ demographics online form where you are able to submit your resume and cover letter. The next step is a 25 math assessment. Upon passing the math assessment you are contacted via phone for phone interview.

Loss Prevention Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Hiring process was great, very communicative and proactive on what steps I needed to take next. Atlanta Management was probably one of the best that I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions where average nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but should have because work load was a little massive and not

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2015.

I applied online through my university, and then I took an online personality and retail test. After that, I had a phone interview, but it wasn't at all the interview that I prepared for. The questions were vague, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes. I did not go onto the next round, but it would have been an essay followed by an in person interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online they scheduled me for an phone interview that last for about 15 mins it was basic questions. I went in and met with a manager who asked me about 15 mins worth a questions and then basically had me demonstrate how I would sell something in her department. She told me I basically had the job and she would call me in a few days. But they never called it was a waste of time.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Not super hard. Interviews are conversational. Mostly looking for fit with firm. Great people. Group project wasn't hard but can be derailed by controlling teammate. Enthusiasm and love for Dallas is what they strive for. The employees are the most passionate people I've ever met for a job. Final round process is great.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

First you meet with the Human Resource manager to determine if you are a good fit for the company then you meet with the department manager and the merchandise manager. They can ask very specific question to see if you can do the job and also want to know if you have experience or a good clientele base.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2014.

I applied and then received a email and then call regarding completing a 12 page personality test. Once the test was finished they set up a 1 on 1 email at the store location.

The interview with HR was directed mostly about the contents of my resume and verifying that i had worked at these places. She double-checked the dates with me and asked me straight forwards questions.

After the HR interview I met with the manager of the department who asked me logistic questions about schedule and training. Much more friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most rewarding experience in customer service.   View Answer

I was told i would be receiving 10% commission but during the interview they said 3% so i declined.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

No negotiation

Senior Vice President, Direct/Online Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Too dated to be helpful. Asked basic questions, just wanted to see if you got retail and basic management expertise of your presumed job function. THen dragged out money part of offer and made big deal over token improvements.

Hard, th y low-balled and the. Promised to make it up with annual reviews. Then lucky if you got 2% even with very good year.