Nestlé USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst
Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2014.

Interview Details * Online Application - End of April 2014.
* Contacted by Nestle recruiter on May 9th, 2014 for initial phone interview, which was setup a few days later on May 12th, 2014. In addition, a candidate profile needs to be filled out before the phone interview.
* Received a call and e-mail confirmation on June 19th, 2014 from Nestle Recruiting for face interview on June 25th, 2014.
* Interview was split into 3 back-to-back 1 hour Interviews. Each interview is conducted by a team of 2 who will ask you technical, analytical, as well as behavioural questions tag-team style. 1st interview: 2 Directors (Hiring Manager reports to these), 2nd interview - 1 Manager (Hiring Manager), and 3rd interview - 1 Manager and the Head of the Business Unit.

Questions were kept fair and each group utilized their 1 hour time slot in its fullest, which did not allow time for me to ask more detailed questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a great idea of yours is held back by company regulations?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a situation where your manager/director says/does something controversial?   Answer Question
  • Explain/define "Weighted Average".   View Answer
  • How many cabs are currently servicing Manhattan?   Answer Question
  • How many airplanes are currently in the air?   Answer Question

Support Interview

Support

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details The hiring process took almost three months from application to start date. I applied online and had an interview three weeks later. I was offered the job almost a month later and then started a month after that. They are VERY slow with this process. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Question – Nothing was intimidating. Maybe some of the "describe a time.." those are always hard to think of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details It was a very comprehensive interview process. I met with several people and really got to know the culture. They answered my questions about the job and responsibilities adequately. The recruiter did a great job in selling the opportunity, and why Nestle was a top employer.

Interview Question – Too many people on the interview list. How many of them will really have a say in making the decision? The manager the position reports to really didn't sell the job. It's a competitive job market out there so employers should also tell applicants why their company is better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated but they stayed firm on the offer

NSDP/Retail Sales Representative Interview

NSDP/Retail Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details The process from start to finish was about 2 months, with two interviews on the university campus followed by a "day in the field" with a current member of the NSDP program/Retail Representative. As far as the interviews go, everyone is quite friendly and isn't trying to trick you with any crazy brain teasers or puzzles like in consulting or tech.

To Outline the process:

1.) Information Session on the company after submitting resume and scheduling interview: at this stage they'll tell you all of the benefits of Nestle and how great it is (most of these people will interview the next day).

2.) First Round Interview: This will be an interview with someone who is still in the NSDP program (first 5 years) and then a Director or someone at that level.

3.) Second Round: This interview will be with a VP of Sales or some other high level person, you'll have more of a chat and any questions will largely be behavioral based.

4.) Interview in LA/Glendale California, they'll fly you out and you'll have a networking event followed by a dinner. The following day you will have a half day of interviews. You'll continuously be meeting with VPs and other high level people at this point and this is all part of the interview process.

Recommendations: Geographical flexibility is paramount for this position and being able to move once every year/2 years. If you aren't geographically flexible you probably will not get the position, within the first 4 years alone you will likely move 3 times. If they ask you whether there is any place you wouldn't want to work, just say that location doesn't matter as that puts them off.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details I had the pleasure to interview with sales managers at my university's business school sales center. It was a total of three interviews and a ride along. The managers who interviewed me were very professional and kind.

Interview Question – No question was out of the ordinary but make sure you are being honest with them. They want to make sure Nestle is genuinely a good fit for you and vise versa!   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details Mostly behavior-based questions with some of the usual background inquiries to round it out. Make sure that you do your homework on the company prior to meeting for your interview.

Interview Question – None that I wasn't expecting.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. After the screen, I was flown out to do an on-site interview. I did an interview with 4 different pairs of two.

Interview Question – Pretty standard behavioral questions. They do have questions that must be read off of a script so it can make the process seem a bit scripted and formal. Look for opportunities to interject your personality into it whenever possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was expecting to negotiate, but I didn't have to. They offered more than I was expecting. Nestle has excellent benefits and really seems to value the human they are employing.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé USA in January 2011.

Interview Details I interviewed for the Recruiting Coordinator position, and it was not too bad. I interviewed with three individuals - the hiring manager, the HR manager, and my team members. Majority of the questions were behaviorial-based, regarding how you would handle certain situations, etc.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Majority of the questions were behaviorial-based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy. If you were happy with the offer terms, you signed the offer letter and submitted it. If not, you rejected it and renegotiated the offer terms.

CAD Systems Administrator Interview

CAD Systems Administrator
Westlake, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA in January 2010.

Interview Details Curious interview process at Energizer Battery entailed having dinner the evening before a round robin interview process will all the other candidates and hring manager. Following day have 5 sequential interviews of 30-45min with mid level manager. Basic non-situational questions.

Interview Question – Give details of a previous conflict with a co-worker that you couldn't resolve. Wierd, as it assumed that I everyone has these events.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple offer and acceptance. No negotiation.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details Held a meet and greet on campus, allowing you to mingle with Nestle employees. Ask questions and get your name known before the interview. The interview process was very straight forward, asked about leadership roles, coursework, and prior work experience.

Interview Question – Questions were typical situational based...   Answer Question

Worked for Nestlé USA? Contribute to the Community!