Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 27 Mar 2015
Updated 27 Mar 2015

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

It was a different kind of interview which was good the only problem was if you didn't know someone already working there you were out of luck. You can totally tell they go by referrals not by skills. About 4 people who did great still didn't get a offer because we didn't know people working there. Also one girl who knew someone pulled out a bag of m&m s and started eating so loud still got a offer!!

Interview Questions

• It was in the form of two role plays   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

Fairly Easy for someone who is not shy or nervous around people. Role Playing is a huge part. Also only apply if you have empathy and oooh do not be callcenter-y! although you are applying to work at a call center. Although I have never worked at a call center.. I was way too professional for them. So I suggest being laid back and just talk about favorite actors, movies, etc, and dress like your homeless. Which was surprising to me, but hey that's their environment...and i'm just a little jelly because if i would of gotten the job I would had loved to come in to work wearing jeans and flip flops...

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The first group interview consisted of a brief introduction of Netflix and a 10 question test using Netflix Help Desk to answer those questions. The second interview was group-based with role-play situations. I did well but was told I was too professional and was not offered the job accordingly, which is fine. I take a lot pride in my work and my appearance and I wasn't offended when I didn't receive the offer of employment. Why? Well, for starters, they seem to only hire people who don't really care about their hygiene or appearance. The very first person I saw when I walked in, was a girl who greeted us that looked liked she hadn't slept in a couple days nor cared to. She had flips flops on and I could see and smell her filthy feet the whole time she talked to us, which wasn't pleasant by any means. Then, the guy she handed us off to, who facilitated the group interview, was nice but he was chewing food during the whole interview (90 minutes) and most of it made it into his beard, not his mouth. While on the floor, I saw a few people I recognized but not in a good way. I saw one guy that got fired from my last job for snorting meth in the bathroom. That said, Netflix is NOT my ideal place to work but if you don't care what you look like, how you smell, or even if you're comfortable working with drug dealers and users, than this is probably the BEST job for you. On a slightly positive note, it was definitely the weirdest, most unorthodox interview I have ever participated in and I will never forget it. My tip: If you REALLY want the job, don't go to sleep two days prior to your interview, don't shower, on your way to the interview maybe grab a $20 crack rock from your local drug dealer and rock out and you'll most likely get an offer of employment that day. If you're not one of those people, I would just not apply because that is EXACTLY what it will be like working there.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked pertained to situations that require you to use Netflix Help Desk.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Netflix in January 2015.

Interview

I applied via their website. I received an email about 12 days later asking to come in for a tech assessment which was done in a group phase of about 8 ppl. The tech assessment was just to see how well you could navigate on their search engine and as long as you passed the assessment you would get to do a small role play with the recruiter. If you pass the role play you will be asked to schedule a second and final interview. Final interview was also a group interview where we watched a slide show about netflix and then had to answer two role play scenarios. The supervisors were really critical but it really helped us break out of our shells and show our true personality.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly easy, it was just the fear of getting over role plays.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They go through a recruiting agency for payroll so i did not have the chance to negotiate. Pay is still really good for the line of work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview, about 6-8 people in a room they show you a presentation and then ask you one question. Then had to answer two mock customer service questions over the phone. First question is a made up scenario but a typical customer service question. The second question was a specific Netflix technical question that you had to answer using there system. Didn't require a resume or ask to see it. All they have you do is fill out an application.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie & tv show.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Easy job to get, just apply online, no walk-ins, and no calls. Once you apply online they will call you, so answer all calls the number had a 204 area code. The first interview consisted of a typing test and grammar test. If you pass those tests then you will be given a short computer literacy test, followed by a short interview (nothing to worry about just common sense). If you qualify to this point you will be given a second interview. At the second interview get there about 15-20 minute early, they will have you take another short test about www.help.netflix.com. You will look up answers to questions using help.netflix.com. There was one question about an audio problem while watching netflix on a kindle fire, the answer is to reboot the device, but you will not find a specific answer on the help site. After that comes the role playing part of the interview. Two team leaders give an imaginary scenario, where they pretend they are calling customer service (you), with a problem. Remember they are not looking for you to solve any problems, they want to see you build relationship with this fake customer. First thing to remember is to relax there is no wrong answers, second ask for the callers name and proceed to engage the customer in way that entertains and befriend the customer. Remember your goal is solely to befriend the customer, the customer's problem will not be fixable show try to make comments on the callers name, situation, but keep it funny and entertaining.

Interview Questions

• The role playing please be as fake as possible, to build a short friendship.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Be ready to provide specifics surrounding your skills and experience. Think about creative solution oriented responses. Very focused on your ability to engage customers. Exude confidence. Be prepared to role play. And don't be late. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• The role playing scenarios required you to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None necessary, they pay well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Applied online, got called within the day for a phone interview and scheduled a group interview. Took a timed typing and website navigation test with a group of people, and was hired within two or three days

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Interview started with a phone screening which lasted 20 minutes and I was asked to come for an interactive interview the following week.I showed up for the interactive interview and there were around five other candidates.We were given a tour of the office and then led to the conference room to meet two HR folks and two other managers.We were individually asked basic customer service related questions and shown a PowerPoint presentation about Netflix.They kept stressing about the importance of being empathetic and understanding the customers.We all agreed and I thought the interactive part went well.Next we were given certain scenarios and we had to role play which was a bit nerve racking but fine.Then there was a computer test on how to find the best solutions for customers calling with general problems and then a written test.After that we shadowed a Netflix customer service rep and listened in on a call.I thought I had done well enough to be hired.Next we were walked to the door and told we would receive an email with a yes or no answer.I waited 3 days to hear back but got no response (these are the same people who stressed about the importance of customer service...what a joke) so I decided to email the recruiter and then got a reply saying they decided not to hire me since my background was not what they were looking for.My question is did they not know my background from my resume and I have been in a customer service role in almost every job I have done.How hard is it to take a call from a customer.This is not rocket science and does not require any specialized skill.Anyone can do this job. Why did they call me for an interview if my background was not what they were looking for.All my information was in my resume which they had.I really was unhappy with the end result. I feel that I was discriminated against.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR (US)).

Interview

Applied online was called a few days later. Answered some questions over the phone and made it into the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used Netflix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hard to say, the entire organization has likely changed a lot since then. I no longer use Netflix so I have little to do with them anymore and I'm not sure how much has changed. I did not negotiate much when I started starting salary was alright.