New York Life

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.4

Agent Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied online, received a call from a manager about 2 days later, went in for an interview the next day. Very professional, yet relaxed interview that asked the standard questions. Took about an hour and a half, and had to fill out a personality test at the end. Very good experience, however I wasn't interested in the company and did not go in for a second interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Great interviewers and very detailed. I have taken a lot of information at each interview. each interview was a week apart and I found it very helpful as you can think about it and do some reaserch.

Interview Questions
    • did not have any compromising question, they were all very resonable   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

I went in for 2 interviews, one with the managing partner and another with the office manager then after the last interview, they send you an assessment. I did very well on the interviews but when I was called back about my assessment (which is a personality test) they told me I do not qualify.

The entire process took about 1 month (1 week for my resume to be seen, 2nd week 1st interview and a small writing and math assignment, 3rd week 2nd interview and assessment, and 4th week rejection phone called)

Enterprise Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Had interview through school's career center, then waited a few weeks to be contacted for a second round in office interview. The second round interview involved 4 interviewers, who had various positions at the firm. All of the questions were behavioral, but forced you to think on your feet. Overall, the interview process was pleasant.

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Contacted by recruiter and set up face to face interview. Met face to face and had a relaxing interview. Asked to come back for a 2nd face to face to discuss compensation and benefit packages. 3rd face to face happens tomorrow even though I have already been offered the job.

No Negotiation, Commission only

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Solid interview. Went for two meetings and after the second meeting I gathered all the information I needed in deciding that this was not a job for me. I was expected to work when I am away from work. Your free time and weekends are spent generating leads and socializing with clubs and local events.

Interview Questions

You generate your own business under the New York life name. No base pay strictly commission

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

On campus recruiting. Was notified for an interview a few weeks after applying. The interview was solely behavioral and felt more like a conversation. They sent a letter saying I didn't make it to the final round about a week later.

Actuarial Interview

They had my resume on file from the previous year and emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes; asked me basic questions on my resume, what I knew about the company, and a bunch of behavioral questions, and there was time for me to ask questions at the end. I was notified of my rejection via email a week later.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Had an employee give my resume to a Sr. Partner who called me later in the week. We spoke briefly on the phone and he then brought me in for a 1:1 interview. He gave me some things to study/think about and then brought me back in for 2 more interviews. After getting licensed and completing a night training course for 4 weeks, I was offered a contract.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, they just want to make sure you'll be a good fit for the job   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Three interviews first one you have to submit your information in order for them to perform a background check. 2nd interview they talk about compensation. third interview they offer you a job. If you show up to all three of the interviews and can pass a background check they will offer you a job.

100% commission don't let them let you think otherwise.