New York Life

Updated 4 Mar 2015
Updated 4 Mar 2015

2.4

Life Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

I received an email from a recruiter who set up an interview at their main office. There is a series of 3 interviews. I attended the first which was geared more towards the manager/interviewer getting to know me. The next two interviews are geared toward the job expectations and the salary. I will see if the job is something I want to do after I attend the second interview. Overall the manger was very nice and easy to converse with.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of money would like to make and where would you like your salary to be in 3 years?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life.

I got an email with the possibility of an interview. It was a phone interview. Questions about 1. tell me about a time when your leadership style failed? 2. tell me one the excel projects you did

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Initially was contacted by phone for an interview which was very routine and professional. Then went to the office located near Grand Central for another interview. Was offered to come back for another interview so I could receive information about compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Who was the demographic I could reach at that particular time?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied online, received a call from a manager about 2 days later, went in for an interview the next day. Very professional, yet relaxed interview that asked the standard questions. Took about an hour and a half, and had to fill out a personality test at the end. Very good experience, however I wasn't interested in the company and did not go in for a second interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Great interviewers and very detailed. I have taken a lot of information at each interview. each interview was a week apart and I found it very helpful as you can think about it and do some reaserch.

Interview Questions
    • did not have any compromising question, they were all very resonable   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

I went in for 2 interviews, one with the managing partner and another with the office manager then after the last interview, they send you an assessment. I did very well on the interviews but when I was called back about my assessment (which is a personality test) they told me I do not qualify.

The entire process took about 1 month (1 week for my resume to be seen, 2nd week 1st interview and a small writing and math assignment, 3rd week 2nd interview and assessment, and 4th week rejection phone called)

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Solid interview. Went for two meetings and after the second meeting I gathered all the information I needed in deciding that this was not a job for me. I was expected to work when I am away from work. Your free time and weekends are spent generating leads and socializing with clubs and local events.

Interview Questions

You generate your own business under the New York life name. No base pay strictly commission

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

On campus recruiting. Was notified for an interview a few weeks after applying. The interview was solely behavioral and felt more like a conversation. They sent a letter saying I didn't make it to the final round about a week later.

Enterprise Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Had interview through school's career center, then waited a few weeks to be contacted for a second round in office interview. The second round interview involved 4 interviewers, who had various positions at the firm. All of the questions were behavioral, but forced you to think on your feet. Overall, the interview process was pleasant.

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Contacted by recruiter and set up face to face interview. Met face to face and had a relaxing interview. Asked to come back for a 2nd face to face to discuss compensation and benefit packages. 3rd face to face happens tomorrow even though I have already been offered the job.

No Negotiation, Commission only