Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015

Product & Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (New Delhi) in December 2009.

Interview

The procedure started in very different way as compared to an Indian company for we Indian. As i have received an anonymous mail through monster.com from the recruitment group based in HK & after responding back to that mail they got back to me almost after 1month so, being an Indian i have lost the expectation for this position but still the recruitment team continue keeping me positive for this position as my direct manager must have given positive feedback for my profile. You wont believe that the entire procedure from starting till closure have taken almost 6 months. Quite a lengthy procedure i swear but still I am happy to be a apart of this fortune 500 Inc of USA.

Interview Questions

• Question were more specific to my experience into the industry so far as well as on the business specific like what kind of business have i handled so far & how many persons team am i capable to handle etc etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people over 3 hours. Four were professional and nice. The fifth had an attitude walking in and I knew the conversation was DOA. I was just mad at the end of the process because HR never formally said I didn't get the position after weeks of passing.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Apr 16, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in a career at Newell Rubbermaid and we hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Brief 15-20 minute phone call for the screening process and then in person interview with 3 interviewers in succession. The actual in person interview lasted around 3 hours. If selected, actual decision process occurs fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Mar 25, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Materials Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

This process took place so long ago that I really don't remember exactly how it went. I was referred by an employee which I believe helped with getting the initial interview. It seemed like i took a little while for them to get back to me after the interview process, but they finally did and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider one of your strengths?   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you decided to join our team!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviewers. The first half hour was with one interviewer, and the second half hour with two. I felt comfortable talking to them and did not feel like I was being held under a microscope. They were responsive and gave me good feedback. Overall, I would say I had a successful interview and would encourage others to apply.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Apr 16, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in a career at Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Came to campus to Interview a good number of people. Two thirty minute interviews back to to back with people in different positions. Very pleasant to talk to and didn't make it seem like a scary process.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my favorite marketing campaign was as well as general interview questions like my strengths and when I solved a problem and have made a big decision, etc. They were mainly personality based, trying to see how you think.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Interview

Applied in December 2014, got a "Thank you, we are not selecting you" letter in February 2015. However, they are encouraging me to keep applying. Does it really takes two months to select one for a phone screen? Don't think I want to hear from them in the future.

Mar 04, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. I encourage you to learn more about Newell's internal candidate process from your HRBP. Additionally, our recruiters are functionally aligned, so feel free to reach out to ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

The interview was great, and the human resources person was very friendly and caring. She took the time to answer my questions about the company and also had the courtesy of emailing me right away when I was refereed by another employee

Interview Questions

• What could I contribute to the company? What am I looking for to get in the internship?   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you join our intern class this summer!

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Winchester, VA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Starts with a phone screen from a Talent Acquisition Manager. It then moves on to a phone interview with the hiring manager, he/she will tell you more about the position and dive into your background and relevant experience. Next is an in person interview with five team members at the location of the company. I met with the Director, two Sr. brand managers, HR representative and R&D manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Mar 04, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we hope that you'll continue to pursue opportunities within Newell.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Kalamazoo, MI (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with company recruiter then onsite interview with HR manager and then interviews with several different design managers from different brands to understand where I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Your design process from start to finish pertaining to a project. Questions about yourself. Who are you? Are you an asset to the company? Explain your answer.   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you join our team!