North Dakota State University Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep 2014
Updated 17 Sep 2014

2.5

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at North Dakota State University.

For this position, you apply for the position. There is a group interview and an individual interview. Everyone who applies gets to participate in both interviews. Both the hall directors and the current Resident Assistants will be observing the candidates so it's important to act professionally but not feel too pressured.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is the group interview.   View Answer
    • The second part of the interview process is the individual interview. This is like a traditional interview. You will be interviewed by one or two hall directors and possible a current Resident Assistant.   View Answer
    Resident Assistants get hired based on who would be a good fit for the different halls. You don't have an option to pick which hall you work in (the only chance you have to pick you hall is during the interview when they ask you where you would prefer to be) or how much you are paid.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at North Dakota State University in July 2014.

Application via email. Interview via skype for international students. Otherwise in person meeting. Several employer took interview but in a friendly way. It was kind of conversation using online media.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. Good offer. Accepted it.

Research Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at North Dakota State University.

I never got interviewed as I was a former student at NDSU. I was working in the same lab as a lab assistant before, so every one knew me.

SALES CLERK Interview

A very simple interview process. First, send in your application then you will get a phone call to set up an interview and then, well.... that is about it.

no negotiation.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at North Dakota State University.

One interview with search committee of 7 individuals. Each takes turn asking questions and rates candidates, making a recommendation to the Director who has the final decision authority.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate while traveling on a business trip. Salary decisions where limited by Directors authority so a long process. I received more than offered however less than asked for.

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at North Dakota State University.

Said the dean of engineering: "why do you even bother putting that on your resume?" In reference to applicant's college degree.

Interview Questions
    • That --^ It caught me off guard, because it was surprisingly insulting.   View Answer
    the university was unwilling to negotiate my salary with me.

Intern Interview

Intern programming position at the university. Basic questions regarding process's and threads and databases. One white board question which involved using a linked list. Overall the interviewer was very nice and friendly. The manager liked me but thought I would fit better with a different group so I was shipped over to them.

Interview Questions
    • Implemented a insertion / deletion / search on a linked list.   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at North Dakota State University in February 2012.

I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Questions
    • This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at North Dakota State University in May 2011.

I didn't have any for this position. I was going to be a PhD student so didn't have to go through an interview. As a PhD student, the university didn't require such a thing. So i didn't have an interview.

Didn't have sucha athing

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2011.

just a phone interview and asked my previous working experiences