Northern Trust

Relevance Date Difficulty

Compliance Analyst Interview

Compliance Analyst
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2013.

Interview Details It was fine but very tedious. Waited for exactly 1 month

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase at all

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2014.

Interview Details 1st - GD (pick a topic and write about it and later speak for 2 min)
2nd - General Aptitude (easily can be cleared)
3rd - HR (go through your resume, and few basic finance stuff)
4th - Managerial (full finance related and ur projects)
5th (same managerial if necessary)

Interview Question – mostly easy and within expected range   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Business Process Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in July 2011.

Interview Details The interview was held timely, did not have to go through unnecessary rounds..It was perfectly timed, relevant questions asked

Interview Question – None, the interview was situation based, i found it very relevant   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a good offer, did not have to do any negotiation

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2010.

Interview Details Went through Walk-In
Round 1 - GD or Extempore for 3 mins on normal economic topics such as Globalization, Economic Stability etc.
Rounds 2 - Aptitude test: English, Reasoning & Mathematics. Level: Moderate. Never being told the score but I am sure I nailed it
Rounds 3 - HR.. basically formal and you will get through easily. usual question: strength, weakness, describe yourself and etc. They just want to know will you stay and can you work
Round 4 - Technical Round: Good knowledge test based on process operation manager so if it is something like Derivatives, Cash operation, Financial reporting they will ask basic finance question and resume drill as usual

AND REMEMBER.. if they say "We will get back to you".. 99% they will never. If they do it will be in a week or 2. Else Move On

Interview Question – nothing.. Its a cakewalk for who have prior interview experience   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary for freshers

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process is very structured. There are 4 rounds of interviews. Initial round was group discussion to check your communication skill, next was aptitude round pretty basic and simple to crack, third round is HR round where HR test and judge your financial aptitude. and Final round is with your future team manager or with process V C, they test u as a person.

Interview Question – Tell me how interesting you are to be part of a team ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary is very hard to negotiate. Its like take or go way. HR will make it very clear from the beginning.

MBA Finance Freshers Interview

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Interview Details It is direct walkin at Ecospace Branch.

Only 3 rounds
1. GD
2. Aptitude test
3. Technical

No HR round.

Interview Question – Relating to derivatives, stock exchanges, shares etc   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Interview Details Four arounds of interview. GD & aptitute test. 2nd round with HR. They asked general questions like tel about yourself & details from your CV. 3rd around with Manager. They asked about my MBA intership project. 4th round with Division manager. He asked general questions. They just check your confidence level.

Interview Question – Types of derivatives
Types of risk
Types of asset classes
Where would you invest among MF of FD ?
  Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2011.

Interview Details 1. GD 2. Aptitude Test 3. HR 4. Technical

Interview Question – On financial markets..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was my first job..

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in August 2011.

Interview Details First round with HR on basic interaction and knowledge level check on capital market

Interview Question – technical round is with sectional manager and might get difficult at times.. it went on for about 45 mins   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in April 2013.

Interview Details First round was essay writing on Capital Market
followed by the GD which was written in Essay before
And the second round was Apti,, more of General maths, Eng and so on,
Third round HR Interview.. simple HR questions
And the Final was on Technical round where the Manager and the Team leader ask you more your knowledge on Finance, journals, Forward and Futures,etc

Interview Question – What is the difference between NBFC and Commercial Bank   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust interview questions and advice. All 156 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees and interview candidates.