Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Please brush up with the basics of accounts,finance,investment banking.

Step 1:- Group discussion it was more of a talk on your own topic.

Step 2:- Aptitude test.

Step 3:- Hr round questions are asked from your cv.

Step 4:- Technical round :- basic questions derivatives, bonds, banks.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions

• Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say..

Answer Question

Negotiation

Very good..

Analyst - Transfer Agency Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

Interview

Interview Date : 22nd Nov 2014

No GD

First Round : Aptitude Test (Basic Quant, Verbal & Reasoning)(60 questions in 60 min)
    Need to know basics, then you can clear it easily.

Second Round : Technical Aptitude Test (Logical Reasoning, 1 essay (topic was bonded labour)) 30 min.
    If you keep presence of mind and thoroughly understands the questions, its a cake walk for you.

Third Round : Managerial Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will go through your CV. As i have 1 yr of experience, they ask me about my current job profile, how do I deal with my team, whts my strength, why they should hire me,. (Note: they will see your body language, your way of communication)

Fourth Round : Operational Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will ask you about handling stress, previous work related experience. Salary expectation. They will ask whether you can work in any shifts.

Last round was HR
    She just asked me about my current CTC and asked me send documents.

Note : As i am having work experience, they asked me only about my work. For freshers, i heard they asked abt company profile, some questions related to Derivatives.

Be confident, dont be nervous. Before going to interview, have breakfast.
    Interview timing for me: 9.00 to 3.30 pm (for 5 rounds)

Waiting for their call.

anyone has taken interview on the same date, let me know through comment section.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

THEY ASKED ME TO SEND DOCUMENTS RELATED TO MY CURRENT JOB. STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

Interview

4 rounds.1st GD.2nd Aptitude.next 2 rounds hr and operational round.i attended interview in 21st Nov 2014.i cleared 2 rounds of interview and they told u will get a call next week from our hr for next 2 round.but still I dint got any call or response from this company.first 2 rounds are easy I cleared.still am waiting for the call .I don't know when I ll get or not.

Interview Questions

• I dint faced ant questions bcz I dint attended other 2 rounds   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore) in October 2014.

Interview

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes.
    they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore) in October 2014.

Interview

Details
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..

Interview Questions

• Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Very good..

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore) in September 2014.

Interview

First is gd.. u need to select a finance topic write and speak about it.. then aptitude more of english grammer and then hr round and then operations round... more of technical questions.. be well prepared with investments... and at last team manager will take interview.. some technical questions again like derivatives capital markets

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore) in September 2014.

Interview

Group discussion was about Finance topic and very good and tricky aptitude test and requires common sense to clear aptitude and I cleared the both rounds and waiting for the HR call to go for next round interview.

Fund Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

went through a refferal. it has taken the whole day but with the result. there were 5 rounds of interview process. it includes one GD round, one written aptitude test, two technical rounds and one HR round.