Northern Trust

Updated 8 Dec 2014
Updated 8 Dec 2014

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say..

Answer Question
    Very good..

Analyst - Transfer Agency Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

Interview Date : 22nd Nov 2014

No GD

First Round : Aptitude Test (Basic Quant, Verbal & Reasoning)(60 questions in 60 min)
    Need to know basics, then you can clear it easily.

Second Round : Technical Aptitude Test (Logical Reasoning, 1 essay (topic was bonded labour)) 30 min.
    If you keep presence of mind and thoroughly understands the questions, its a cake walk for you.

Third Round : Managerial Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will go through your CV. As i have 1 yr of experience, they ask me about my current job profile, how do I deal with my team, whts my strength, why they should hire me,. (Note: they will see your body language, your way of communication)

Fourth Round : Operational Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will ask you about handling stress, previous work related experience. Salary expectation. They will ask whether you can work in any shifts.

Last round was HR
    She just asked me about my current CTC and asked me send documents.

Note : As i am having work experience, they asked me only about my work. For freshers, i heard they asked abt company profile, some questions related to Derivatives.

Be confident, dont be nervous. Before going to interview, have breakfast.
    Interview timing for me: 9.00 to 3.30 pm (for 5 rounds)

Waiting for their call.

anyone has taken interview on the same date, let me know through comment section.

Interview Questions
    THEY ASKED ME TO SEND DOCUMENTS RELATED TO MY CURRENT JOB. STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes.
    they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Details
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say.

View Answer
    Very good..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in September 2014.

Group discussion was about Finance topic and very good and tricky aptitude test and requires common sense to clear aptitude and I cleared the both rounds and waiting for the HR call to go for next round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in September 2014.

First is gd.. u need to select a finance topic write and speak about it.. then aptitude more of english grammer and then hr round and then operations round... more of technical questions.. be well prepared with investments... and at last team manager will take interview.. some technical questions again like derivatives capital markets

Fund Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust.

went through a refferal. it has taken the whole day but with the result. there were 5 rounds of interview process. it includes one GD round, one written aptitude test, two technical rounds and one HR round.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

GD , Aptitude test and manager round

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions about Education background   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in February 2014.

1st - GD (pick a topic and write about it and later speak for 2 min)
    2nd - General Aptitude (easily can be cleared)
    3rd - HR (go through your resume, and few basic finance stuff)
    4th - Managerial (full finance related and ur projects)
    5th (same managerial if necessary)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Four arounds of interview. GD & aptitute test. 2nd round with HR. They asked general questions like tel about yourself & details from your CV. 3rd around with Manager. They asked about my MBA intership project. 4th round with Division manager. He asked general questions. They just check your confidence level.

Interview Questions
    • Types of derivatives
      Types of risk
      Types of asset classes
      Where would you invest among MF of FD ?

Answer Question