Northrop Grumman

397 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details Entry- level position. Phone interview 3 weeks after applying online. Face to face with a panel of 5 shortly after and another phone interview after. The panel had a diverse group. All very friendly, asked some questions that caught me off guard. Waited more than a month to be rejected.

Interview Question – what is your 5 year plan?
how would you handle working with employees that are older and not as experienced in technology
have you ever had a time where you had to convince group members your ideas.
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details HR was very helpful with framing expectations before interview. HR walked me to and from meeting and wanted my feedback. Interviewer was helpful with current and future expectations of the position.

Interview Question – Why did you leave former position?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer IV Interview

Mechanical Engineer IV
Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2014.

Interview Details I was recommended by a head hunter. The initial interview was good if very short lived, I phone interviewed with the MGSE director.
The second interview I had was with the department head and the section head. While the interview went well, I believe they did not like me for my ethnicity. This is the 4th time I interviewed with this department and had no success. Please note that I have held this job before as a contract engineer so I know I am well qualified

Interview Question – "What is your hot button?" This question willingly puts you in a bad light. My reply was that I do not like people who do not pull their own weight....   View Answer

Technical Interview

Technical
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2012.

Interview Details I got a call and scheduled an interview a week later. They flew me in from California for a personal interview after two phone interview. It was an easy interview but pretty long. Many questions. Lots of people. For a better job they required a PowerPoint presentation which is very important. They believe it tells more about a person.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they like they can more you.

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details I applied, I waited and then I got an interview. The recruiter was shady, never answered any of my emails. But eventually I went to the interview. The interviewers were really unprofessional, I was suppose to be interviewed by 3 interviewers at 2. Only 1 interviewer showed up like 30 minutes late. This guy was nice, respectful, then later another interviewer came this guy was perhaps the rudest person I've ever met, he asked me a question and didn't give me any time to respond.

Interview Question – The traveling salesman question.   View Answer

College Interview

College
Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online in January and received an email from an HR recruiter two weeks later. We set up an in-person interview another two weeks later. The interview was a panel of three employees and we went over the position and whether or not I was able and wanted to do it. It lasted about 30 minutes, and I got a call back about a week later. Everyone was very friendly and cordial. Very painless process overall. After I accepted, I underwent a background check and drug (urine) test.

Interview Question – They mostly asked about my resume and the projects I had done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They had a pay grade for interns.

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Geospatial Analyst
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, process took about 3 weeks. Started with a recruiter reaching out to me and seeing if I was still interested in the position and asked me a few questions. Then I had a panel phone interview which was mostly technical questions very little questions about your resume. The recruiter was very friendly and helpful, guided me from start to finish

Negotiation Details – none

Human Factors Engineer Interview

Human Factors Engineer

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details Pretty by the book - the process is just as it outlined on its webpage. Apply, they contact you, go for an interview, they call you back, team may take you to lunch, then you get an offer and can accept or not.

Interview Question – There was nothing in the interview that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Clearfield, UT (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2012.

Interview Details Met with four members from different departments within the company. They each worked from a list of questions that they were required to ask regarding my experience, education, and personal goals. They were friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – They asked typical questions like: how would you resolve a dispute, do you have leadership experience, why should be pick you over other candidates, etc....

They also seemed interested in my education goals. They asked if I would be interested in continuing my education (graduate school) if I accepted a full time position with them.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a standard offer because I was interviewing for an internship. I knew the details of the offer before I even interviewed.

Data Management Interview

Data Management

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details takes a while for the process to take its course, usually takes a few weeks to a couple of months. interview with hiring manager then with the manager you would be working under

Interview Question – a time when you had to show leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not need to negotiate

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!