Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.6

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in November 2014.

Received call from HR rep, did over the phone question review, scheduled first interview with manager, went through basic position questions and was informed about the company. Went to the final interview with VP waiting for final call.

Executive Assistant Interview

Very easy..It seems that take a liking to people who already have healthcare experience. In the Administration, that's plus and it goes a long way with Physicians, clinical directors, etc

Registered Dietitian Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Apply via online platform; take an online personality/psych assessment test (tip: they are looking for the traits of teamwork, altruism, and an engaged workforce). If make it past the initial psych and resume screen, resume forwarded to hiring manager who instructs HR to contact those they want to interview. In-person interview with HR and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Job-specific clinical questions; typical behavioral interview questions (i.e. describe a situation in which you had a challenge, worked with a difficult person, turned a loss into win, etc.)   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, if I had known my position was budgeted in a range, I would have negotiated for more money.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

I applied online through the career site. It took about 2 months for someone from HR to contact me for a Phone interview. I passed that and went in for an in person interview about a week later. Pretty easy and laid back interview. I then was asked to take a test to make sure my excel skills were up to par. I did not hear anything for about a month and a half. Assumed I did not get the position. After waiting this length of time I was contacted by phone by HR saying they were pursuing other candidates

Unit Se Interview

It was very easy going and the managers are great. Always ask to shadow to make an everlasting impression on the hiring manager. Went in Monday for interview knew the same day I had got the job

Data Analyics Consultant Interview

Initial phone screening with HR followed by onsite interview with a Director and Manager. Laid back, low pressure interview. Straightforward SQL test at the end of the interview. Called back for second round interview with team members the next week. Interviewed with three separate team members, also laid back and low pressure. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Initial phone screening included many rapid fire questions about job experiences ("talk about a time you handled a difference of opinion with a coworker," etc. If you understand the position and why you want it, everything after was fairly easy.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in June 2014.

Applied online and received an email 8 weeks later stating they were seeking other candidates. 4 weeks after that I received a phone call from HR to see if I was still interested.

I came in for 2 separate interviews, one with HR and the other with 2 supply chain managers. After my interviews I was told I'd receive a case study to complete.

The case study was never sent and I received a phone call from HR 3 weeks later informing me for a second time that they are pursuing other candidates.

Registered Nurse Interview

The interview involved a shadow day followed by a group peer interview by the current unit staff as well as meetings with the department managers and directors. I was interviewing for two different positions within the same department so part of the shadow experience was to determine if one of the positions would be a better fit than another.

Interview Questions
    • Clinical questions were presented in a very broad manner.   View Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Must fill out application on website. Straightforward interview/hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • there weren't any unexpected questions. It was all very straightforward.   Answer Question
    there was none

Physician- Hospitalist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

You need to be top 5 percent of your graduating class to get an interview. For every 100 applicants, about 5 get interviews. Highly sought out location and organization. I would not apply unless you have been exceptionally successful. Especially the hospitalist group which is a highly skilled group of doctors.

Interview Questions
    • They will grill you on what you can contribute to the organizaiton.   Answer Question