Northwestern Memorial Hospital

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details I applied online through the career site. It took about 2 months for someone from HR to contact me for a Phone interview. I passed that and went in for an in person interview about a week later. Pretty easy and laid back interview. I then was asked to take a test to make sure my excel skills were up to par. I did not hear anything for about a month and a half. Assumed I did not get the position. After waiting this length of time I was contacted by phone by HR saying they were pursuing other candidates

Very Difficult Interview

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and received an email 8 weeks later stating they were seeking other candidates. 4 weeks after that I received a phone call from HR to see if I was still interested.

I came in for 2 separate interviews, one with HR and the other with 2 supply chain managers. After my interviews I was told I'd receive a case study to complete.

The case study was never sent and I received a phone call from HR 3 weeks later informing me for a second time that they are pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

Data Analyics Consultant Interview

Data Analyics Consultant

Interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Interview Details Initial phone screening with HR followed by onsite interview with a Director and Manager. Laid back, low pressure interview. Straightforward SQL test at the end of the interview. Called back for second round interview with team members the next week. Interviewed with three separate team members, also laid back and low pressure. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – Initial phone screening included many rapid fire questions about job experiences ("talk about a time you handled a difference of opinion with a coworker," etc. If you understand the position and why you want it, everything after was fairly easy.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details The interview involved a shadow day followed by a group peer interview by the current unit staff as well as meetings with the department managers and directors. I was interviewing for two different positions within the same department so part of the shadow experience was to determine if one of the positions would be a better fit than another.

Interview Question – Clinical questions were presented in a very broad manner.   View Answer

Property Coordinator Interview

Property Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied on the website and got an immediate phone call from the HR Manager. We spoke for about 30 minutes on my current position and why I was looking to change my position. Everything was very straightforward. She really enjoyed our conversation and immediately asked me to come in.

Interview Question – They asked academic type of questions, none that stood out to be difficult. Not the usual questions during an interview.   View Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse

I applied in-person and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details Must fill out application on website. Straightforward interview/hiring process.

Interview Question – there weren't any unexpected questions. It was all very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Physician- Hospitalist Interview

Physician- Hospitalist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details You need to be top 5 percent of your graduating class to get an interview. For every 100 applicants, about 5 get interviews. Highly sought out location and organization. I would not apply unless you have been exceptionally successful. Especially the hospitalist group which is a highly skilled group of doctors.

Interview Question – They will grill you on what you can contribute to the organizaiton.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in December 2013.

Interview Details I received a phone interview which I thought went quite well. The interviewer was very polite and prompted some really precise answers to her questions.

Interview Question – Have I ever been in a position where I had to make an important decision for the company.   View Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in August 2010.

Interview Details Just want to know if you can perform the job. Previous experience

Negotiation Details – No negotiate pay scale same

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call from Human Resources to schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview I was asked to come in for a formal interview. After the in-person interview i was told that someone would contact me within a week and I never received a call and when I called and left a message no one returned my call.

Interview Question – They asked if I had any experience with their hospital software and said they were looking for someone who had experience with their software. My resume clearly stated what software I had experience in, what a waste of my time and theirs.   View Answer

Worked for Northwestern Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!