Northwestern Mutual

Updated 15 Sep 2014

2.4

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

This is not a Financial Advisor role. There is 0 base salary, and you get commission for selling insurance. I applied and got an interview almost instantly. After 5 minutes into the interview I could tell it was for selling insurance.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter, who cut the preliminary interview short after they found out that I have not personal or professional connection in the region that I was applying to for selling financial products. Unfortunately, this company seems to focus on selling financial products to friends and family, which can sour relationships.

Interview Questions
    • Do I have any personal or professional connections in the region that I am applying to.   View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

First interview, and then second interview, followed by a questionnaire. And then last interview.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to work? How do you deal with rejection?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Initial interview on the phone, then meeting in person.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was contacted through a phone call. Interview was very professional with straight forward questions. I felt that alot of the questions were geared toward my interactions with other people. This can be as expected though since it was for a advisory position.

Not the best fit

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

My financial advisor saw me as a potential candidate and had the company contact me to recruit me. I currently already had a job as an accountant, so we had multiple discussions about the job and whether I would be a good fit. I was very interested in working for the company, just not as a financial advisor. The questions were all directed towards that, and the direction of the discussion never changed. I knew I didn't want the position, but there was never any other potential positions discussed in further detail. A company this large, but in order to get your foot in the door it seems you have to start as an advisor.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straightforward due to the nature of my situation - already having a job I was happy with. What do you like/dislike about your job, where do you see yourself in 3 years, 5 years, strengths/weaknesses etc. The recruiter was very pleasant to deal with and wish the process could have gone forward, but in a different direction.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Started off with a group interview, and then I was asked back for a one on one interview after I took a personality test and scored extremely high. They asked me to survey 10 people about their financial position and insurance situations; it was at that point that I realized this job just wasn't for me. I didn't want to call people all day and look at my friends and family as a dollar sign. It's very hard for someone in college to sell insurance to those with the money.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly easy basic interview questions. What has been your biggest failure, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Behavioral questions

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2014.

First interview was a phone call, second interview was a face to face and went over the job position, third interview was assessment overview and the fourth was a market assessment

Interview Questions
    • weren't really any difficult questions, they just ask you about yourself, and then the assessment pretty much tells them if you are a good fit for the company   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Well seasoned, successful producer...not just a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    Do what we tell you, SEE two new people a day and you'll succeed handsomly.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!