Northwestern Mutual

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

2.4

College Financial Representative Interview

Phone prescreen, two in person interviews. Overall, not bad- pretty standard behavioral questions. The prescreen was just acknowledging if I was still interested in the internship. First interview with recruiter mainly on why you want the internship and going over resume. Second interview was shorter, mainly behavioral questions- offer given at second interview.

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I only did the initial phone interview and was asked basic interview questions. Mostly general questions about my resume and why I want the job. I was asked a few behavioral questions, like explaining a difficult decision I made and what book I'm reading. The interviewer was very approachable and easy. She said that the next step is another phone interview and if that goes well, they will fly me in for an in-person interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through a career fair. Scheduled and in person interview right away. The recruiters were great, enthusiastic, and eager to tell me more. For me it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, first interview was talking about my goals.   Answer Question

Full Time Job Interview

Go to stamford for interview. I have read a lot of things about them, both good and bad. From reading it looks like a 100% commission job, buy glassdoor.com says salary plus commission. Guess I will find out during the interview. I would imagine that it is up to me to supply any and all leads for business.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

2nd Interview round, met with district manager...pretty relaxed interview, but asked me questions about parents which i did not quite like...only asked a few previous experience questions and why i wanted to work in the financial services industry...rest of the interview was him explaining life insurance and how NWM operates

Interview Questions

Salary is only commission, entry level a bit too independent for me

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through my university and was scheduled for a phone interview shortly after. The interview was really basic. A few days later, I got invited for a second round phone interview which was essentially just like the first one. The third round was in their office. For that round, I had to deliver a presentation about the company and why I wanted to intern for them.

Interview Questions
    • Why Northwestern Mutual and how will we benefit from having you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through my school website and was contacted about 2 weeks later. I went to their office and was interviewed there. As far as I know, the interview process consist of 3 stages. You will be asked to put a list of 5-10 people in your network down.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I had three different interviews with three different managers. Each one was in a different department and the reason why they said they did that, was to see if all the managers thought that I would be a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

When I asked the question, "how do you generate your leads?" They could provide me with a direct answer

Post GraduatePosition Interview

It is a 3 step Interview process. The first interview is very basic; a precursor to see if you qualify for the next two. Questions about you, your personality, etc. There is also a detailed overview of the company, and if you pass the "personality assessment test" with a 70% or above, you will be invited back. The second interview is you giving a presentation to two or more Northwestern Mutual employees, on Northwestern Mutual. I am in the process of preparing for the third interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, and some questions like, "if you were to start any business, whatsoever, what would it be and why?".   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

NMN reached out to me through the campus online recruiting website and asked me if I would like to have an interview with them. We had a phone interview since I wasn't able to be on site. The interviewer started the interview with several questions regarding to my family background, which made me a bit upsetting. But other than that everything went well just make sure you know the company well.

Interview Questions

The position is called Financial Rep but it's actually more like a sales job, which is not what I was looking for.