Novell Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2014.

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
    1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
    2. Programming interview.
    3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
    4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
    Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
    5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
    6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Software Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2012.

I had been selected from campus

Round 1 :
    On paper round . There were questions on aptitude and computer fundamentals.I cleared this round this is actually a filtering round as out of 113 candidates only 13 were chosen after this round

Round2 :

It was heavily technical .Was being asked questions on pointers and OS and networking questions since I said that networking was my strength at that time

Interview Questions
    It was a decent offer at the campus

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in January 2010.

Comparatively easier, more technical, only two rounds of interview. need to bargain for salary, salary depends on the previous salary. Very straight forward. Some times director round is difficult. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you, what value add you bring it to the company   Answer Question

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novell in July 2010.

Was asked about few basic linked list qns and pointer basics

Interview Questions
    After negotiation got sign-on bonus.

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Novell.

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions
    • Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question
    Not much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Novell in September 2010.

1. Written

Written questions includes 5 sections i. Aptitude ii. OS&Networks iii. Data Structure iv. Java v. C&C++

But while verifying they skip Aptitude part. So you have to score good in technical sections

2. F2F(2 rounds)

- First round was a 1 hr Java F2F. The interviewer asked almost everything from Java. So nothing to mention here. Almost every thing he asked me.

- Second F2F was more brain storming. The interviewer asked many data structure(basic of linked list, tree etc) questions, OS questions like thread, process. Some good java design related questions.

Mind it Whatever position it is, Novell interview gives more emphasis on data structure and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • 1. You have some classes like A, B, C . Which all classes can class D extend ?

2. Produce Consumer problem using concurrency ?

3. A lot of questions "static" in java.

4. Reverse of singly linked list. BST.

5. Stack implementation

6. Deadlock, process & thread

7. Create your own immutable object

8. How HashMap works.

9. Serialization specially how Externalizable works.

10. How to synchronize static class objects.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allahabad
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2013.

Written test , 50 MCQ 1 coding question . Total Duration 90 min. 13 people were shortlisted out of 150 . 15 question for aptitude, 20 programming skills and 15 system concepts questions . Two rounds of interview . One is technical and second is HR . For technical interview there were 2 people in the panel . Difficulty was average . HR was 1:1 .

Interview Questions
    • Write c program for tail command which can support -F option .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Novell.

Written test of 70 mins.
    15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
    There was one C program which was tough

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Novell in July 2013.

First Round - Aptitude,c basics,operating system,50 questions.Questions based on work,boat,interest.51 questions in all were given.50 MCQ's and 1 coding question

Interview Questions

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!