Novell

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SSE Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novell in July 2010.

Interview Details Was asked about few basic linked list qns and pointer basics

Interview Question – Was asked to write a logic for deduplication   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After negotiation got sign-on bonus.

Software Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Question – Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Novell in September 2010.

Interview Details 1. Written

Written questions includes 5 sections i. Aptitude ii. OS&Networks iii. Data Structure iv. Java v. C&C++

But while verifying they skip Aptitude part. So you have to score good in technical sections

2. F2F(2 rounds)

- First round was a 1 hr Java F2F. The interviewer asked almost everything from Java. So nothing to mention here. Almost every thing he asked me.

- Second F2F was more brain storming. The interviewer asked many data structure(basic of linked list, tree etc) questions, OS questions like thread, process. Some good java design related questions.

Mind it Whatever position it is, Novell interview gives more emphasis on data structure and algorithms.

Interview Question – 1. You have some classes like A, B, C . Which all classes can class D extend ?

2. Produce Consumer problem using concurrency ?

3. A lot of questions "static" in java.

4. Reverse of singly linked list. BST.

5. Stack implementation

6. Deadlock, process & thread

7. Create your own immutable object

8. How HashMap works.

9. Serialization specially how Externalizable works.

10. How to synchronize static class objects.
  Answer Question

Allahabad

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2013.

Interview Details Written test , 50 MCQ 1 coding question . Total Duration 90 min. 13 people were shortlisted out of 150 . 15 question for aptitude, 20 programming skills and 15 system concepts questions . Two rounds of interview . One is technical and second is HR . For technical interview there were 2 people in the panel . Difficulty was average . HR was 1:1 .

Interview Question – Write c program for tail command which can support -F option .   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details Written test of 70 mins.
15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
There was one C program which was tough

Interview Question – The C Program   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Novell in July 2013.

Interview Details First Round - Aptitude,c basics,operating system,50 questions.Questions based on work,boat,interest.51 questions in all were given.50 MCQ's and 1 coding question

Interview Question – Coding question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell in September 2011.

Interview Details 2 rounds of interview face to face, the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.

Interview Question – Novell was a good brand, but I am afraid of company's future growth because of incompetent managers who misuse their power.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in May 2011.

Interview Details Couple of technical rounds, management round.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They provide salary based on years of experience. They dont check the hike percentage etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Novell in December 2011.

Interview Details clean
transparent
fast
ethical

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details I got a call from SJ Consultancy mentioning there is a requirement for Test Engineer in IC role. The recruiter from Novell called me and arranged the interview.

> 2 F2F Technical interviews and 1 managerial round
> 1 onsite telecon interview with Senior manager/Director
> 1 F2F Director round followed by HR interview

Interview Question – As usual .. routine questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The recruiter and HR are least professional - I need to follow up them for many times And there were negotiating the salary for 10-15% . Before forwarding the resume I mentioned clearly that i was expecting a decent hike. Really got disappointed with the whole process ...

Interviews for Top Jobs at Novell

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novell interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Novell employees and interview candidates.