Novell Interview Questions

Updated 23 Mar 2015

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was pretty good and majorly focused on the technologies & projects i worked earlier. In depth analysis and root cause of the issues. Thinking out of box and business prespective will fetch you the fruits.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell.

Interview

It was a campus selection procedure.Students from computer science and Electronics can apply for this.Around 120 students appeared in the first round.There were MCQs based on aptitude,OS,networking,microprocessors,c++ and 1 coding question (20 minutes to solve the code).
    13 students were selected for 2nd round.Mostly questions were from operating systems and algorithms.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore) in September 2014.

Interview

applied through elitmus, called for writtern test.
    rounds: written, techical rounds, hr.
    all are elimination rounds.
    around 200 members were called for written test and only 20 got selected for next round i.e for technical interview.
    and finally 2 members got selected.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore) in August 2014.

Interview

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore) in April 2014.

Interview

Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
    1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
    2. Programming interview.
    3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
    4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
    Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
    5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
    6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore) in February 2014.

Interview

Coding round with questions on

Linked list
    Collections
    set difference

Followed by 2 rounds of F2F where the coding written was analysed and questions on design patterns asked. I was told i would recieve a call on the next day for the HR interview , but i recieved it the same day. I was called for the HR interview again on another weekday and the offer released after 15 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate.But i was ok with the offer

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novell.

Interview

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions

• Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell (Allahabad) in August 2013.

Interview

Written test , 50 MCQ 1 coding question . Total Duration 90 min. 13 people were shortlisted out of 150 . 15 question for aptitude, 20 programming skills and 15 system concepts questions . Two rounds of interview . One is technical and second is HR . For technical interview there were 2 people in the panel . Difficulty was average . HR was 1:1 .

Interview Questions

• Write c program for tail command which can support -F option .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Novell.

Interview

Written test of 70 mins.
    15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
    There was one C program which was tough

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Novell in July 2013.

Interview

First Round - Aptitude,c basics,operating system,50 questions.Questions based on work,boat,interest.51 questions in all were given.50 MCQ's and 1 coding question