Novell Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.9

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell.

It was a campus selection procedure.Students from computer science and Electronics can apply for this.Around 120 students appeared in the first round.There were MCQs based on aptitude,OS,networking,microprocessors,c++ and 1 coding question (20 minutes to solve the code).
    13 students were selected for 2nd round.Mostly questions were from operating systems and algorithms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in September 2014.

applied through elitmus, called for writtern test.
    rounds: written, techical rounds, hr.
    all are elimination rounds.
    around 200 members were called for written test and only 20 got selected for next round i.e for technical interview.
    and finally 2 members got selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in August 2014.

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
    1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
    2. Programming interview.
    3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
    4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
    Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
    5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
    6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novell.

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions
    • Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question
    Not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in August 2013.

Written test , 50 MCQ 1 coding question . Total Duration 90 min. 13 people were shortlisted out of 150 . 15 question for aptitude, 20 programming skills and 15 system concepts questions . Two rounds of interview . One is technical and second is HR . For technical interview there were 2 people in the panel . Difficulty was average . HR was 1:1 .

Interview Questions
    • Write c program for tail command which can support -F option .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Novell.

Written test of 70 mins.
    15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
    There was one C program which was tough

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Novell in July 2013.

First Round - Aptitude,c basics,operating system,50 questions.Questions based on work,boat,interest.51 questions in all were given.50 MCQ's and 1 coding question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novell.

I got a call from SJ Consultancy mentioning there is a requirement for Test Engineer in IC role. The recruiter from Novell called me and arranged the interview.

> 2 F2F Technical interviews and 1 managerial round
    > 1 onsite telecon interview with Senior manager/Director
    > 1 F2F Director round followed by HR interview

Interview Questions

The recruiter and HR are least professional - I need to follow up them for many times And there were negotiating the salary for 10-15% . Before forwarding the resume I mentioned clearly that i was expecting a decent hike. Really got disappointed with the whole process ...

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Novell.

Symphony telca called up & send interview to their client Novell. Had tw0 F2F rounds. Both rounds many questions on windows & Linux. We can answer most of the questions (not much difficult) But interviewer was expecting the answer that he knows, so if a question has multi answrs / multi ways to answer then ur bad luck :) And I felt they should have looked up for a well experienced Sys admin instead of a QA Engineer. So I didnt continued the process.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What you do if windows installation doesnt find the hard disk, but disk is present. Interesting is he was looking answer for which he knows / which he is facing in his work. He may shd know there will be a many reasons when windows not find disk :)   Answer Question