O'Charley's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter Interview

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter
Newnan, GA (US)

I interviewed at O'Charley's in October 2012.

Interview Details Easy basic questions typical of any waiter interview. The entire process from phone call to interview to hiring ended up lasting about 2 weeks. Everything went pretty smoothly and easily.

Interview Question – They asked what I would do in a certain hypothetical question with a customer while waitressing.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2013.

Interview Details Had to wait awhile because managers are normally busy. You have a couple interviews in one you have one with the hostess manager the floor manager and the GM. They ask normal questions such as "why do you want to work here" "strengths/weaknesses" "how many hours do you want to work" and you tell them a little bit about yourself and your life.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself going in our company"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Manager called and set up and orientation date about a week to two weeks after interviews.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

Interview Details My interview was not very professional because it was in a trailer before the store has opened. They asked me about my past experience in the restaurant industry. It was laid back and a comfortable interview.

Interview Question – They asked if I was able to upsell liquor and I had to give an example of what type of vodka I would upsell.   Answer Question

Brentwood, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in June 2008.

Interview Details It was a total breeze. No hard questions

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a server?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, set pay.

Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in June 2011.

Interview Details She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview Details on line application, management profile analysis, interviews with human resources, manager, operations director and rvp. Opportunity to spend time observing the daily operations and speak with the staff. offer tendered.

Negotiation Details – Minimal as offer was fair.

Server

The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Interview Details Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.

Interview Question – Sell me this Sharpie   View Answer

Richmond, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2009.

Interview Details It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?

Interview Questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

Interview Details Got a call from HR. I had an interview in a store. They ask me all of the normal questions and took about
1hr. Some of the question were what made you come to O'Charley's, Have you ever eaten at OC. What type of cooking do you do? What do you like about cooking? Are you better in the FOH or BOH? Are their any day you can't work? All of the questions were open ended ! The HR person said we were one big family and all 5 MIT. were going to stay(live) at the General managers house, to get to know each other better.The HR person went over the employee handbook and had me sign some papers and then take a personality test. After the personality test i went to get a drug test on my way home.
 I then got a call from the area sup. and ask me if I wanted to meet with him at a restaurant lounge to talk about the personality test and go over policy and rules and job discription. I went to the lounge and he ask me easy questions like where would I like to work, and what type of work did I want to do FOH or BOH? I told him the BOH, because to run a store you had to know the BOH like the back of your hand. He then went over the test I took and made me an offer that was to low and I came back at him with a price and he took the offer and I started 10 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They treated me a being part of family. They picked up lunch and ask about my personal life. They then gave me the hand bood and the MIT boos along with a cook book. Five MIT's started and I was the only one to finnish the program

Waiter Interview

Waiter
Centerville, GA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in May 2009.

Interview Details The interview was simple and to the point. All they ask for is what job title your looking for and they will decide whether you get accepted or not. No criteria.

Interview Question – Where did you last work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As long as you work their crucial days they need you to work, they will more than likely hire you.

Worked for O'Charley's? Contribute to the Community!