OMD Interview Questions

Updated 20 Mar 2015

2.7

Media Planner Interview

Interview

Two one hour interviews: one with direct supervisor and another with VP level. after two or three weeks, got a call from HR with an offer for the position. Interview questions didn't ask about previous experience. Rather, they were positioned more for that of an entry-level job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you made a mistake and corrected it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with two people, one in English another in Spanish and another interview with the rest of the team (one in Spanish the rest in English) Normal behavior interview questions ( strengths, weakness etc)

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a day to schedule an interview. Process took about a week. The interview was very laid back, met with 3 directors of the team and they asked mea bout my past experiences and interests, the typical walk me through your resume kind of deal. Nothing too industry related. Interview lasted about an hour and half. Heard back from HR the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set figure

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

I was referred to this job from a friend who works at OMD. They scheduled an interview immediately and my interview lasted 2 hours. I met with 4 people from the team that I would be working on. They gave me an overview of the client and the agency. Very nice, laid back, and informative. They asked me about my experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go through a relevant project I had done from start to finish.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to OMD late November and contacted HR one week later. I was scheduled to interview with OMD in December, but managed to interview with OMD in January.

I arrived 5 minutes early and waited 15 minutes. The interview process was broken down into two parts.

Round one lasted 10-15 minutes with one team member, and the second round lasted 10 minutes with two team members.

First round was okay. The interviewer seemed antsy and ready to leave. However, the company culture is entrepreneurial spirited but laid back.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were standard interview questions such as-

1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What are your interests?
      3. Walk me through your resume
      4. Why are you interested in this position?
      5. Are you proficient in excel?

Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was relatively fast. Spoke with the HR department and was brought in for an interview. Interview lasted about an hour and met with multiple team members. Was told upon the interviews conclusion that I would be hearing from them in the near future.

Interview Questions

• General questions: What are your strengths and weaknesses, describe your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with department head as well as supervisors on available accounts. Received call from HR department within the following day letting me know i was offered the position. Started at the job 2-3 weeks later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations approached

Media Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called back two days later for a phone screening with an HR rep. Scheduled a face to face interview at the end of the call for the following week. Interview conducted by two people who were working on the same account that had the vacant position. There was a written media math test before beginning the interview. Heard back from HR after another week or so for permission to conduct a reference check and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you've had to work under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level position so there was no negotiation.

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD (New York, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an OMD recruiter. We had a phone interview and I went in the next morning to interview with the director and associate director. They were great about answering my (many) questions. They were also very respectful of the fact that I needed to keep the interview to an hour so that I could get to work on time. The whole process was very professional, courteous and efficient.

Digital Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

they took me into a room i met with the assistant, a planner, a supervisor and the global director. it was a standard interview, if they like you they hire you if not you're out of luck