OfficeMax

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.4

District Manager Impress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax.

The interview process started out great but when I got to the Regional Manager he was not honest about how hostile the work environment was, nor was the District ever bounding to comps which left a horrible taste in my mouth. Once onboard the training was awful and I had years of training experience and I felt I was set up for failure and not success being their rat to get the retail District Manager fired. That DM made my life unbearable!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. It was standard for the type of position applied.   Answer Question
    They were not honest about the current state of the District or stores

Business Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeMax.

The process is short less than a half an hour. Come dressed professionally. The most common reason people aren't hired is because they look like they just woke up for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a desk to a customer who has no idea how big their office space is.   View Answer
    Make sure you ask for the money per hour you want. I gave a lower number and was stuck at that pay for a year.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I applied online through the company website. The next day, I went down to the store with my resume and talked with the hiring manager. We set up a face to face interview the next week. The face to face interview went really well. The manager said they would let me know if they have an offer for me in a couple of days. Right on time, the hiring manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your skills from previous jobs will apply to this position?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offered Max rate per hour

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Filled out an application online..Got called in for an interview a few days later. Interviewed by the general manager. The manager asked basic customer service type questions about what i would do in certain situations and questions about myself.

Interview Questions
    • Asked general questions such as what are your weaknesses and strengths and how would you deal with an angry customer who had a problem   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I had trouble finding the online application at first as officemax and office depot recently joined and it kept telling me to go to the Office Depot web site. I finally found the application and applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. I interviewed with the hiring managers together.

Logistics/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pismo Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pismo Beach, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

The best turn around time and most rewarding interview of my life. Felt wanted and that made my decision easy. Nothing more to say in regards to this.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell an associate that they need to improve their selling skills.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Basically they just ask you questions about yourself, and why you feel qualified to work for Officemax. They'll ask you a series of questions and ask you how you would handle the situation, or how you have handled situations dealing with decision making etc. in the past

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask you to sell them something around you   View Answer

Impress Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Filled out the online application and then about 3 months later I get called for an interview for the next day. The manager seemed kinda desperate but that's okay he was cool. It wasn't really a formal interview as no interview questions were asked. He really loved my resume and never auctually gave me a chance to talk being he was so excited to hopefully have me on his team.I got hired the same day during the interview and we didn't talk about wages. My advice to you is make a resume that stands out (make one in photoshop) and learn how photoshop works that also a big role in getting me the job. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • the only question I was asked was tell me about your self.   Answer Question
    Didn't discuss wages.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Turnaround time between initial application and interview short. Interview process short and easy but store highly unorganized and it took a long time to even see the manager. I know it was a busy time but everyone seemed unhappy or stressed.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch a upsell to a customer purchasing flyers for a new business. (Upsell=add on to puchase)   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax.

Very basic interview process. First. You gets e-mail from a corporate recruiter. Then, if you pass the recruiters initial screening you will have a interview with a district or store manager. Mine happened to be with the store manager. Very cool guy actually. My interview was basically talking about metrics and what I did to move them in my previous roles. After about a week I was again contacted by corporate recruiter to make a job offer. Was less then what a competitor was offering me and they shockingly matched it. I accepted the offer got more money then I thought. Very satisfied.

Interview Questions
    • What type of customer service scores or numbers where you held to in previous role?   Answer Question
    • What metrics were you responsible in previous role?   Answer Question