Ohio State University

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ohio State University in June 2011.

Interview Details on-site interview and a phone interview

Interview Question – why do you leave your former employer?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interviewed at Ohio State University

Interview Details We just had a conversation and dicusssed the future and how we will proceed. Went through a demo after. It was easy. Was kinda surprised by it.

Interview Question – Can you code?   Answer Question

Climbing Instructor Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed at Ohio State University in August 2012.

Interview Details I emailed the coordinator my resume and cover letter. It definitely helps to know someone who already works there, but it's still very possible to be hired if you don't. Usually two people interview you, but sometimes a 3rd (I know from experience). Very laid back, don't be afraid to make jokes.

Interview Question – Give an example of a difficult task you were faced with and how you overcame it. What did you learn from your experience?   Answer Question

Student Alternative Media Position Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ohio State University in May 2012.

Interview Details The interview was conducted with the 3 employees that would be directly involved with my job responsibilities. I knew the interviewers well and I believe that they had already made the decision to hire me, due to the fact that they knew my capabilities.

Interview Question – None that were not expected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details Applications were submitted online and reviewed prior to each semester. There was one in person interview with two of the current student managers. Very straightforward interview -- ie. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job? Within a week I received a call back with their decision.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you faced with a customer and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Student employees in this department started at a strict base salary (minimum wage) take it or leave it. Students did, however, receive annual and merit based raises, along with the possibility of promotion.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details interview with seniors on staff then panel interview with other workers

Interview Question – what is one of your short comings   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

Interviewed at Ohio State University

Interview Details Had to apply online first. General information, and a few broad essay questions that focus on diversity, problem solving, etc. If you do well with that (and there is no reason you shouldn't), plus you have a 3.0+ GPA, you get to the interview. The interview questions are behavioral in nature, dealing with conflict mediation, diversity, stress, etc. After that, you have the RA class. It used to be that one would be hired after the class; now you will be hired before.

Interview Question – There were no hugely technical questions. Just be prepared for answers to conflict mediation and diversity. Think about the position, and be honest in your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get full room, discount meal plan, and a biweekly stipend.

IT Help Desk Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ohio State University in December 2013.

Interview Details The interview was by committee with five managers. Be prepared. They have standardized questions that each of the members ask. Most of the questions were behavioral. There is also three role playing questions.

The role playing is based on how you think through a problem. I didn't do well on one of the questions; actually missed it completely. The real reason they do it is to see how you think things through. Getting it right or wrong isn't the point.

Interview Question – The second role playing question dealt with a pop-up blocker. The interviewer acted like a customer that couldn't make a response to a forum.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details Applied online. I received an email a few weeks later for an in person interview with the hiring manager and another person from the department. They were all standard questions to see how you would fit in with the position. I thought I did a pretty good job highlighting my strengths and showing them why I would be great for the job, but I guess they found another person who was even more fitting (or so I was told in an email from the hiring manager).

Interview Question – What would make you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ohio State University in March 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was very long, the all day

Interview Question – Why do you want to come and work at OSU   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ohio State University

Worked for Ohio State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ohio State University interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Ohio State University employees and interview candidates.