OpenText

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Question – All the questions were easy.
The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview Process is very big. Almost 6 Technical rounds. Each round around 1 Hour.
I think one level panel members dont believe on previous round panel. Every round was technical and even Project Manager also asked basic core java questions. This seems to be funny. Each interviewer wants to prove himself on what he knows.

Interview Question – Basic Core java question from a Project manager in 6th round was unexpected.   View Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details Nearly 5-6 rounds of interview, including telephonic, 2-3 rounds of technical rounds, manager, hr and CEO round

Interview Question – Questions are tricky to answer as mostly the questions brings out the working skills   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at OpenText

Interview Details They have lengthy interview process. Minimum is 4 rounds and have heard someone underwent even 9 rounds of interview. Most if time, you will be asked to write code. Some questions are just asked for sake of asking. I am not sure if all their current employees can ask stupid questions.

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university - interviewed at OpenText in February 2013.

Interview Details At first, skill test is conducted which includes java,c,,aptitude,analytical. next step is face to face interview in which logical skills and technical skills are observed.

Interview Question – No questions like that and the questions asked me are puzzle,my strengths,a c program and few questions about my resume.   View Answers (2)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in July 2011.

Interview Details 1 telephonic
2 technical
2 manager rounds

Interview Question – NOthing much   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in January 2011.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview
1st round by 2 senior developers. Basic C++ questions.
2nd round by senior technical Manager. Bit more into designing applications etc.
3rd round by MD on analytical/programming skills.

Overall the interview process was easy.

Interview Question – No difficutle questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hard to negotiate

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Internal Sales Executive
Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details 1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Customer Support Technician Interview

Customer Support Technician
North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Question – this was 15 years ago, I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Interview Details Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for OpenText   Answer Question

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!