OpenText

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview Process is very big. Almost 6 Technical rounds. Each round around 1 Hour.
I think one level panel members dont believe on previous round panel. Every round was technical and even Project Manager also asked basic core java questions. This seems to be funny. Each interviewer wants to prove himself on what he knows.

Interview Question – Basic Core java question from a Project manager in 6th round was unexpected.   View Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details Nearly 5-6 rounds of interview, including telephonic, 2-3 rounds of technical rounds, manager, hr and CEO round

Interview Question – Questions are tricky to answer as mostly the questions brings out the working skills   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at OpenText

Interview Details They have lengthy interview process. Minimum is 4 rounds and have heard someone underwent even 9 rounds of interview. Most if time, you will be asked to write code. Some questions are just asked for sake of asking. I am not sure if all their current employees can ask stupid questions.

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university - interviewed at OpenText in February 2013.

Interview Details At first, skill test is conducted which includes java,c,,aptitude,analytical. next step is face to face interview in which logical skills and technical skills are observed.

Interview Question – No questions like that and the questions asked me are puzzle,my strengths,a c program and few questions about my resume.   View Answers (2)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in July 2011.

Interview Details 1 telephonic
2 technical
2 manager rounds

Interview Question – NOthing much   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in January 2011.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview
1st round by 2 senior developers. Basic C++ questions.
2nd round by senior technical Manager. Bit more into designing applications etc.
3rd round by MD on analytical/programming skills.

Overall the interview process was easy.

Interview Question – No difficutle questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hard to negotiate

Product Manager Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details 5 interviews

Interview Question – How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details Responded to linkedin add through a recruiter. Had one face to face interview and one phone interview.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The salary was within the range expected. I asked for more vacation and this was not granted.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Question – The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenText

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews are posted anonymously by OpenText employees and interview candidates.