OpenText

46 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Question – It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Question – All the questions were easy.
The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview Process is very big. Almost 6 Technical rounds. Each round around 1 Hour.
I think one level panel members dont believe on previous round panel. Every round was technical and even Project Manager also asked basic core java questions. This seems to be funny. Each interviewer wants to prove himself on what he knows.

Interview Question – Basic Core java question from a Project manager in 6th round was unexpected.   View Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details Nearly 5-6 rounds of interview, including telephonic, 2-3 rounds of technical rounds, manager, hr and CEO round

Interview Question – Questions are tricky to answer as mostly the questions brings out the working skills   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at OpenText

Interview Details They have lengthy interview process. Minimum is 4 rounds and have heard someone underwent even 9 rounds of interview. Most if time, you will be asked to write code. Some questions are just asked for sake of asking. I am not sure if all their current employees can ask stupid questions.

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university - interviewed at OpenText in February 2013.

Interview Details At first, skill test is conducted which includes java,c,,aptitude,analytical. next step is face to face interview in which logical skills and technical skills are observed.

Interview Question – No questions like that and the questions asked me are puzzle,my strengths,a c program and few questions about my resume.   View Answers (2)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in July 2011.

Interview Details 1 telephonic
2 technical
2 manager rounds

Interview Question – NOthing much   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in January 2011.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview
1st round by 2 senior developers. Basic C++ questions.
2nd round by senior technical Manager. Bit more into designing applications etc.
3rd round by MD on analytical/programming skills.

Overall the interview process was easy.

Interview Question – No difficutle questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hard to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

R&D Interview

R&D
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in June 2010.

Interview Details Excellent detailed multi level interview. I was very excited by the interview process and thrilled by the people I met. Need I say more? The people were all friendly and helpful. In all cases they treated me very well and I was encouraged to join the company,

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Question – "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!