Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developers Interview

Software Developers
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details For Software developers - Candidates with good academics and from reputed colleges. Prefer candidates from good reputed companies. Normally there will be a Telephonic technical interview followed by 3-4 rounds of technical in-person interviews followed by a managerial round.HR round is normally not done in Oracle. Once the candidate is selected, the approval process (for the offer to be approved) takes normally 8 -10 weeks.

Interview Question – Should be excellent in coding, algorithms, data structures, OS. Again this depends on the group for which your are applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Associate Applications Engineer Interview

Associate Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Only Aptitude,analytical, verbal ability and coding programming questions were asked.The questions were easy.20 apti,20 analytical thinking,10 verbal ability and 20 coding questions were asked.Interview is held one week after the technical test.

Interview Question – All easy   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Hiring process is very cumbersome. It takes 1 month to complete all the interview rounds. Interview rounds are also exhaustive. Around 4-5 rounds are conducted. The more you ask the more are the chances that the offer will not come even after doing excellent in the interview. Referrals are encouraged and internal movement is also consider. During the offer wait period, the key is to remain connected with the manager if he/she responded positively to your interview.

Interview Question – If the offer takes months will you wait for it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase since the offer comes after long time but at start.

Server Dev Interview

Server Dev
Noida

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details Process was good and i was given ample of time to perform.
Told to code map implementation using basic data types. Next person to me had to answer one multi-threading problem. I was able to create a map implementation and generated some comparative performance number of thus created hashmap.

Interview Question – Nothing as such. Interested for whole gamut of exp in java rather that something specific.   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Campus interview
written test + 3 technical +1HR

Technical interiview:
Write a code in link list to add two numbers represent by one node for one digit.
Hint : Use reverse of link list
           Consider carry and propogate it
Sort array given special condition on data in O(n)
Difficulty : average
1. LInk list
2. Tree
3. Java
4. On academic projects and what was difficulty
5. Volatile key word in C, static in C
6. OS lots of concept including locking and deadlock every thing. ( not difficult if your fundaments are OK)

No database question at all! But, that depends on interviewer.

All interview gone for 3-4 hours and remember me it was not hard at all if your fundamentals and coding good.

UGBU Interview

UGBU

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Interview Details Interview was done at my college , Vasavi College of Engineering. It was very cool. 50 got selected for written test and there were 3 rounds. in 1st round 20, 2nd 10, final round they chose 4 out of which I am one.

Interview Question – 1) SQL queries
2) Java topics
3) Some reasoning stuff
4) why oracle ?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is nothing much to Negotiate. They told us ahead about the package and asked whoever are interested can come and work for them

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer (Software Developer II) Interview

Software Engineer (Software Developer II)
Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2011.

Interview Details They pick up candidates from various engineering college students who are studying currently in their final year, and shortlist students on the basis of a very simple and easy test that is used to filter students for interview. Interview again may be technical as well as HR interview. So you need to clear both to get into the company.

Interview Question – Usually it is very difficult for people who are not from the software background to enter this area. Because software is out of their domains. This company is not for those. It is only for those who have keen interest in IT and software development.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details The interview was conducted over phone with mutiple rounds starting with the HR, then to the Hiring Manager, 2 person from the Higher Management as well as a Senior Sales rep from US interviewing. Each interviewer had mixed questions pertaining to understanding my technical acumen as well as my business and sales inclinations. With the exceptions of the HR, all had varied expectations in the way I looked at the business. Overall it was an interesting experience. Once they were sure of my profile, they made sure I understand my role and the hard work required to be successful in the portfolio given which later proved very useful as I could do my homework beforehand.

Interview Question – What is a database, how is Oracle as a DB better ? And How do we explain this in layman's terms and to a technical expertise ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR rounds were for informing me about the background information , documents and numbers required for checks. Also salary negotiations were also done by the hiring manager. I was looking to grow so accepted the offer as on initial terms without much negotiations. In comparison to other candidates who later told me had to wait several months to get recruited at that time in Oracle, I was comparatively fortunate to be hired within weeks of my first interview conducted.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
Noida

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details I was contacted by HR of Oracle directly. Had 5 rounds of interview. 1st was telephonic, 2nd F2F with manager, 3rd written, 4th another F2F interview and last was a final call with the director. Position was for testing so even the questions were related to that. About my previous experience and questions related to testing, java,selenium and Linux.

Interview Question – Didn find any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was impossible to negotiate with the team. The HR did not budge even a bit on what they were offering.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Bangalore

I applied in-person - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview, one telephonic and 2 face to face rounds, Interview was mostly on the domain and work profile i was working, Mostly from the resume. They wanted to check managerial capabilities as well.

Interview Question – Depends on the interviewer   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!