Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews

1,277 interviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

1st round-Online test.( aptitude+technical+verbal+analtyical)
    2nd round-Technical interview(Projects+Puzzles)
    Many aptitude questions were asked. All questions were based on the resume. Questions were based on DBMS, Java, C, C++
    3rd round-HR(about the company and a few HR questions)

Interview Questions
    • All questions very simple and based on computer basics   Answer Question

Server Technology Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

First round was a technical interview
    The questions that were asked were-
    1. Given a binary tree, delete all the leaf nodes
    2. Given an array containing only 0s and 1s, find a subarray of max length containing equal number of 0s and 1s

Second round was a kind of HR Interview
    1. Asked me my hobbies
    2. Why should we hire you
    3. Latest trending Technologies
    4 Explain the fastest sorting algorithm ( merge sort)
    5. My hobby was playing cricket, so he asked me how is the huge database used in cricket maintained.

Interview Questions
    • A situation based question which finally boils down to finding the max difference between two numbers such that the greater number appears after the smaller.. (Though i had to think a lot before finally getting to this conclusion).. He was finally impressed.. :)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle.

This was a campus interview. The internship was in Oracle Systems. First round was online test with four parts- verbal, quantitative, aptitude and basic knowledge of Computer Science(OS,SQL,etc)

The next round was the interview. The interviewer was looking for people with good base in Linux and C/C++. I hadn't worked extensively with Linux before so that worked against me.
    The interviewer asked me questions in OS which I answered; also asked me to code solutions to simple problems. The interviewer also asked me to explain all the projects I had taken part in (from my CV) and quizzed me extensively on what work I had done and what I had learnt (networking concepts, RTOS concepts) all of which I answered correctly.
    However, I misrepresented how confident I was with Data Structures so he refrained from asking me any DS questions and sadly, my review was that my DS concepts were not good enough.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was regarding the software I used for my project; since it was an open source software and didnt have sufficient documentation.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Initially they will take people by Screening process(Aptitude) followed by two to three(maximum) Technical rounds finally one HR round.

In our college around 300 peoples were attended.

The selection process shall comprise of the following three stages:

Stage 1: Aptitude test.
    Stage 2: Technical interview.
    Stage 3: Technical interview 2.
    Stage 4:Behavioral Interview

The Aptitude test shall be an online multiple choice test and shall assess basic coding skills, basic computer knowledge & engineering aptitude skills.

Each stage is an elimination round.

Aptitude test.

1) 10 qns Quantitative (10Qns 10mins very easy).
    2) Computer basics-study ADA.
    3) flowcharts-it can answer there only.
    4) quick table matching problem (10qns 10mins).
    5) English short passage Qns.
    6) Coding skill -40min 20qns (Based on Data structure concentrated on Trees and other concepts).

Interview Questions
    • They asked Questions from Trees and Linked list,Even i answered in n2 complexity they expecting the solution for nlogn ,So that part is very Difficult   Answer Question
    I got an offer pay of 8.4 Lpa,If u want to settle soon and to soon became higher position in career growth.Oracle is the best company

Member of Technical Staff Interview

interview level -medium.
    Multiple rounds of job interviews may be used where there are many candidates or the job is particularly challenging or desirable. Earlier rounds may involve fewer staff from the employers and will typically be much shorter and less in-depth. A common initial interview form is the phone interview, a job interview conducted over the telephone.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

I was contacted by an HR personnel from recruiting to set up an interview. At first there was an online test which consisted of some MCQs mostly from Java and DB. After an week, an face to face interview was scheduled. To my surprise, it was actually a coding test where they'll give you a few problems and you have to choose one and write design and program. All the problems were fairly easy and I just had to basically waste a day for an hour of coding. Later I was contacted again and told that I cleared the programming test and now a f2f interview would be conducted.
    In the f2f round, first round was taken by a guy who probably had same or less experience than me. All standard questions and I answered them all. Next round was taken by an architect who asked many design related question and many problems to be solved using java. Again, I did very well. Next was the round with the manager who asked the usual question of why am I leaving my current company and what are my expectations from this new job etc. Then the final round with the Director who again asked my expectation. I told him that I already had an offer from a different company and they should try to match it. He said the best they could do is match 80% of the other offer and went on for over an hour to make me understand why Oracle is a better company to work for than others. It was very clear that they were very impressed by the interviews and the director almost urged me to join even if the offer couldn't be the one I was looking for. Later that day I was again contacted by the manager by phone and asked whether I'd join if they offer 80% of the other offer and I said yes. I sent out the required documents to the HR but never really heard from them till now which is 6 months from the f2f interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Design LRU cache using basic data structures   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

I applied many open position on their career portal and got call from them.
    I was based on Hyderabad and Opening was for Bangalore location. So all 5-rounds happen over phone. 3-Round from Bangalore ppl and 2-Round from Manager and Director based on HQ.
    Overall it took 2months to complete all rounds and after 2-Month i got my offer letter

I got 72% hike on my current pay

Applications Developer, Technical Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raurkela
    Anonymous Employee in Raurkela

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

CS candidates:- Written (Online) -> Interview (General technical) -> Interview (Coding I) -> Interview (Coding II) -> Interview (HR)
    Written (Online) -> Interview (General technical) -> Interview (HR)
    Almost candidates who gave written round were selected for interview, as they had weightage for both rounds. Also interview was mostly friendly, except he got disinterested when candidates seemed to know very less programming.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions to be frank !!! They asked about third-year summer training project which was mostly related to chemical engineering so the interviewer became disinterested. Interview ended abruptly.   View Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

interview was not that difficult. Just asked about something basics and hr, managerial rounds. No hassle questions. Only problem is Hr communication is not prompt. Also people are not getting opertunity because It is very difficult to get noticed by oracle Hr guys.

Interview Questions
    • How to configure Bgp attributes in Juniper routers.   View Answer
    No negotiations entertained. It is just because people are ready to accept any offers from oracle. No value for talent.

QA Analyst II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Oracle.

Five Rounds.
    All are almost technical.
    Starts with the Senior QA taking your interview.
    And as you progress, the level of the interviewer rises from Senior QA to Product Director.
    Communication round included.
    Lots of programming and logical questions.
    Be ready for puzzles and out of the box thinking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give a new idea for business which has never been implemented and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!