Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all java related:
      1) static in java
      6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
      7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
      8) rest web service problem
      9) tic tac toe problem
      thats most of them i remember.
        Answer Question

Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

For new graduate employment, one phone interview+one on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • phone interview, since graduate employment without much experience, some problems appeared in the advanced process technology seems no way to answer.   Answer Question

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
    Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Questions

I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

Hiring was off campus career fair at Stanford. In interview I had to answer coding style questions, RTL verification questions, circuit timing questions, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Questions
    • Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   View Answer
    not too much space to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

Interviewing and hiring process took a very long time. Although the hiring manager kept in contact during the process and apologized for the delay.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, they offered you a salary and you either said yes or no.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Online application, got three phone interviews within two weeks. The calls are from different groups of their harware design team. The questions are not hard, mostly related to your projects. I remember there are logic design, layout, data structure and so on. No tricky questions overall, just some basic stuff.

Hardware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

The interview process is long and slow overall. Went through about 5 phone interviews in a span of about 4 weeks. First phone screening was with HR, then hiring manager, then a bunch of other senior engineers and finally an on-site interview with 4 different engineers (some of which I've spoken to on the phone before). Still a couple of weeks to wait for the approval from upper management after the unofficial acceptance from the hiring manager. A background check was also performed.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions overall, most stuff can be found online. Very typical entry level engineering questions such as solving a circuit using KVL/KCL, simple MOSFET applications, simple flipflop applications, draw a simple state machine, and demonstrate basic understanding of circuit boards.   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2009.

really good screening

Interview Questions
    • computer architecture, cache state transition   View Answer

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!