Oracle

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details 3-4 rounds depending on how you perform in first round. More technical rounds if they are unsure. Direct manager round if they find you good technically. They will try to confuse you. In case you are conceptually good, they will find out. Interviewer will lay traps for you. Beware of those things. They are highly knowledgeable and as soon as you say something that is not right, they will try to make situation where your own concepts start conflicting with each other. Beware of such traps.

Interview Question – Core database concepts. They can go to any depth   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Hiring process is very cumbersome. It takes 1 month to complete all the interview rounds. Interview rounds are also exhaustive. Around 4-5 rounds are conducted. The more you ask the more are the chances that the offer will not come even after doing excellent in the interview. Referrals are encouraged and internal movement is also consider. During the offer wait period, the key is to remain connected with the manager if he/she responded positively to your interview.

Interview Question – If the offer takes months will you wait for it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase since the offer comes after long time but at start.

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by HR. During the initial discussion they gathered basic information about my profile and also briefed me about the position and what actually they are looking for. After a few days first round of technical interview conducted. Basic to intermediate level questions asked about Oracle db architecture. All facets of Oracle products were touched. This was further followed by second level technical interview. This was quite intense and lengthy. Both rounds were telephonic and duration was more than an hour for each. Second round was to check depth of knowledge with few issue specific questions. Before third round few documents collected by HR. Third and fourth round taken through video conference. Third round was with hiring manager. In this round technical and behavioral qualities were assessed. Salary negotiation also took place in this round. Next was fourth round with the Sr.Director. Mostly behavioral questions. Verbal offer made after few hours. After 3 weeks soft copy of the offer letter released.

Interview Question – Be sure to know as much as possible for all technical terms used in resume or during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations largely depend on last drawn salary. Asking salary should be justified rationally.

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

Interview Details Once your resume will be shortlisted by Oracle HR recruiter, the following rounds will be takes part as
1) Telephonic Technical Round (Weblogic, UNIX/Linux, Basic DBA)
2) Face-To-Face Interview (Deep level Weblogic end-to-end questions)
3) Manager Round (Little technical which you put up in your resume)
4) Director Round (Scenario based questions on technical and Stress management)
5) Sr. Director Round (Salary Discussion, Scenario based technical questions)

Interview Question – Weblogic Architecture, Side by Side Deployment, JMS (Queue/Topic)   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details multiple technical rounds, Manager round and HR round. Not so hard to crack. Make sure you are confident on what you answer.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details One Technical Screening Round - [On Phone]
Followed by series of face-face technical rounds regarding technology, design approach, algorithm writing, architecture and few aptitude questions. There is no separate HR or negotiation round. This was for oracle ADF team, wherein, questions were mostly based on algorithm, complexity and then inclined towards J2EE frameworks (mostly JSF). The interviewers were very good and I enjoyed the whole process. They released the offer letter after 40 days.

Interview Questions

• When you are developing a web portal for which contain sensitive information, how should you maintain the session?   View Answer
  • For my previous question I gave the answer to be a combination of session object at the server side and using encoding for securing sensitive information. Then, interviewer asked that, Session object also uses cookies/url re-writing for maintaining the state based on the client browser settings, then how is it secure? as you said that cookies are at client side and URL re-writing has its own problems like following any link to outside application and then coming back to the application which will not have the encoded user state in the URL?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Total 5 rounds of Interview.
3 Technical rounds + 1 Techno-HR+1 HR round

Hyderābād

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details HR called me and scheduled F2F interview, 1 written round, 3 interviews, last round is bit managerial

Interview Question – what project/product you will create if you are given unlimited resources and money   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they paid me more than i asked :)

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details First was the written test and after that there had been 4 rounds of telephonic technical interviews

Interview Question – All the question that was asked was basic question but in depth.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!