Oracle Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took two weeks. One online test after clearing that Oracle asked me to come down to their office for F2F round.
 The programming round was very tough and the expectations were hard to meet in the provided time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to program an application that takes cares of the wages of employees for their extra working hours. provided that you have to follow the OOPS and implement design pattern and write test cases and all the test cases should be passed. The code should be reusable for future and should use junit for test cases. Once done, code was reviewed by their developers and asked queries regarding the approach, design pattern, ER diagram of the code etc. Overall it was a good experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Hyderābād) in December 2014.

Interview

No Offer letter after clearing 6 hectic rounds

1. Written test
    2. 3 technical rounds - F2F
    3. 1 Telephonic round- Skype
    4. 1 Managerial round

one of the waste interview process i have ever seen ;6 rounds for 3yr exp guy and each round of min. 1 hour are you kidding me ?, what i noticed is questions asked are 90% same in all the rounds then what is use of 3 technical rounds just time waste.

After clearing all the rounds ,i dint get offer from them

Just for sake of 25k they rejected and selected other guy who accepted for less offer without asking me for salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Interview

3-4 rounds depending on how you perform in first round. More technical rounds if they are unsure. Direct manager round if they find you good technically. They will try to confuse you. In case you are conceptually good, they will find out. Interviewer will lay traps for you. Beware of those things. They are highly knowledgeable and as soon as you say something that is not right, they will try to make situation where your own concepts start conflicting with each other. Beware of such traps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore).

Interview

Hiring process is very cumbersome. It takes 1 month to complete all the interview rounds. Interview rounds are also exhaustive. Around 4-5 rounds are conducted. The more you ask the more are the chances that the offer will not come even after doing excellent in the interview. Referrals are encouraged and internal movement is also consider. During the offer wait period, the key is to remain connected with the manager if he/she responded positively to your interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase since the offer comes after long time but at start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (Hyderābād) in July 2014.

Interview

Went for walk in drive held at Hyderabad.
    There were 7 rounds in total. First written , 5 technical and the last techo managerial HR round.
    All rounds were comprehensive, check knowledge of java as well as data structures and coding techniques. Have to write code for different problems provided to you giving stress on the optimized solution (like checking the complexity of the solution and all).

Interview Questions

• How to find the singly linked list is circular using only one pointer   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you performed well in the interview you can ask whatever you feel is fine considering the name of the company . Else difficult to negotiate. Got around 80% hike from my current package

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR. During the initial discussion they gathered basic information about my profile and also briefed me about the position and what actually they are looking for. After a few days first round of technical interview conducted. Basic to intermediate level questions asked about Oracle db architecture. All facets of Oracle products were touched. This was further followed by second level technical interview. This was quite intense and lengthy. Both rounds were telephonic and duration was more than an hour for each. Second round was to check depth of knowledge with few issue specific questions. Before third round few documents collected by HR. Third and fourth round taken through video conference. Third round was with hiring manager. In this round technical and behavioral qualities were assessed. Salary negotiation also took place in this round. Next was fourth round with the Sr.Director. Mostly behavioral questions. Verbal offer made after few hours. After 3 weeks soft copy of the offer letter released.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know as much as possible for all technical terms used in resume or during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations largely depend on last drawn salary. Asking salary should be justified rationally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore) in March 2014.

Interview

First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

multiple technical rounds, Manager round and HR round. Not so hard to crack. Make sure you are confident on what you answer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Total 5 rounds of Interview.
    3 Technical rounds + 1 Techno-HR+1 HR round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Hyderābād) in January 2013.

Interview

HR called me and scheduled F2F interview, 1 written round, 3 interviews, last round is bit managerial

Interview Questions

• what project/product you will create if you are given unlimited resources and money   Answer Question

Negotiation

they paid me more than i asked :)