Oracle

Getting the Interview

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details multiple technical rounds, Manager round and HR round. Not so hard to crack. Make sure you are confident on what you answer.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details One Technical Screening Round - [On Phone]
Followed by series of face-face technical rounds regarding technology, design approach, algorithm writing, architecture and few aptitude questions. There is no separate HR or negotiation round. This was for oracle ADF team, wherein, questions were mostly based on algorithm, complexity and then inclined towards J2EE frameworks (mostly JSF). The interviewers were very good and I enjoyed the whole process. They released the offer letter after 40 days.

Interview Questions

• When you are developing a web portal for which contain sensitive information, how should you maintain the session?   View Answer
  • For my previous question I gave the answer to be a combination of session object at the server side and using encoding for securing sensitive information. Then, interviewer asked that, Session object also uses cookies/url re-writing for maintaining the state based on the client browser settings, then how is it secure? as you said that cookies are at client side and URL re-writing has its own problems like following any link to outside application and then coming back to the application which will not have the encoded user state in the URL?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Total 5 rounds of Interview.
3 Technical rounds + 1 Techno-HR+1 HR round

Hyderābād

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details HR called me and scheduled F2F interview, 1 written round, 3 interviews, last round is bit managerial

Interview Question – what project/product you will create if you are given unlimited resources and money   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they paid me more than i asked :)

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details First was the written test and after that there had been 4 rounds of telephonic technical interviews

Interview Question – All the question that was asked was basic question but in depth.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Interview Details Staffing agency along with the company's talent acquisition arrange for initial round of interview, which is then followed by 1:1. If successfully cleared, then the offer will be rolled out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary can be negotiated to some extent, but they have a fixed max amount.

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Interview Details High level. Not too technical.

Interview Question – Question on protocols   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details 1. General round by Director which includes current work and scope
2. Face to Face interview
: Technical round with senior member
: Technical round with Manager
: Technical round with Director
: HR round to end
3. Got the offer in 25-30Days
4. HR call to confirm if its a satisfactory offer.

Interview Question – About current project and scope of work   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not satisfied with compensation
Was not satisfied with salary structure and benifits

Bangalore

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details first round telephonic pretty easy
second round f2f with two guys pretty easy
thirdround f2f with two guys again pretty easy

Interview Question – Algorithm to solve a mathematical problem of pagination   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.