Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore).

Interview

Initially one or two telephonic rounds followed by f2f rounds. One round with Manager.
Questions mostly on work experience and the technology worked.

Interview Questions

• Why you are looking for change in a short time with your current employer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

There were around four round, the first round was with a hiring manager where he asked questions about my previous experiences. The second round was technical round where I was asked some questions on C++. The third round was with another manager where we discussed about my academic projects. The fourth round was design and coding round where a design question and white board programming question was asked.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (Bedford, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through online job board. Recruiter contacted me almost immediately. Manager contacted in 2 days and scheduled 4 hour phone interview. There were 3-4 interviewer and it was done through phone/skype. They were mostly interested in networking background and core programming skills. Mostly focused around the role. The did have a tendency to ask questions from your answers repeatedly. They were not interested much in your learning capacity or personality. The interview was only focused on Technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Revolved around C/C++ programming concepts (dynamic memory allocation, Data structures, inheritance, virtual functions, OOPs concepts)
      Operating Systems (Semaphore, Scheduling)
      Networking protocols especially SIP, RTP and TCP/IP
      Network analyzing tools
      Network/Socket programming
      Protol headers etc

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online.
    They contacted me to see if I was interested in the interviewing process, had one phone interview (basic OOP questions), then two on-site interviews and one final phone interview with senior manager from india

Interview Questions

• Basic problem solving questions on first on site interview, on second one problems where more difficult involving threads,exceptions, etc...   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Interview

1 pre-screening to discuss general information about me, and then 3 technical interviews mostly related to OS, computer architecture, data structures and java. Finally office visit and meet each member of team for 30 mins each. I met 4 member total of 2 hrs, all was general and technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Which IPC process is better ?
      Why multiple inheritance is not provided in java but it is in c++.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Was interviewed by Involver which got acquired by oracle. Had 2 45 min phone interviews. The first interviewer was expecting a short answer and the second interviewer wanted detailed answer . The questions were basic. Before the interview i was going through the involver interview questions. They asked the exact same questions in same order.

Interview Questions

• 1.hash and array difference
      2.explain transaction
      3.get and post
      4.programming question : file with IP and timestamp, order by number of times the IP is listed.
      5.General website workflow.For example what happens when you go to google.com

4.how would you design to scale up an application
      5.maintainability
      6.extensibility
      7.lazy loading
      8.Indexing speed up the query. having multiple index in table?
      9.what is good comment

Software Developer II Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a former company which got acquired by oracle. Implement parseint().

Interview Questions

• Nothing. It was the easiest interview in the universe.   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in September 2011.

Interview

3 days of intervew. 5 hours each day. All three interviews 1:1 with senior manager. He asked to write programs on Java that should work in parallel and be thread-safe. Programs should be written on paper, without PC. Also asked about shell scripting skills.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in February 2010.

Interview

7 interviews. 2 physicals with 4 people, 3 over the phone. Very unexpected questions about anything. Puzzles, think fast questions, etc. They all want to see if you are a good fit, both in your personality and in your technical skills. Don't hesitate to say you need help. They don't expect a guru on everything, but someone capable of finding or thinking on a solution to a problem.

Interview Questions

• Its hard to say. Most of the question came unexpected as most interviewers in Mexico don't usually know programming (they just want a programmer), but they will definitively ask about algorithms and stuff like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR asks your expected salary. Make a good research, as they won't negotiate: If it is too high for what you know, you are out. If it is too low, well, you know what is going to happen. They will also set the position based on this and then the teams interested will say "Senior? Probably Junior" and then you may not get hired even if you were a good fit. Be honest with your own value, no less no more. Once inside everything is negotiable.