PKF International

1.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PKF International in November 2010.

Interview was more of a conversation, interviewers were more only interested in knowing whether I was willing to join !!

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birkirkara (Malta)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birkirkara (Malta)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PKF International in March 2013.

Just sent a Resume, because in Maltese office they choose candidates only by their CV, not even a phone call, so you you better make sure it looks ok. PKF in Malta looks for students willing to do an internship within Marketing / Finance studies.

Articled Assistant Interview

Including initial communications with the HR and partner head.
    Mostly related to your syllabus and was a good experience
    Process was easy to clear and not very gruelling on.
    Was also asked about company background and details of how much you are aware about the company so be well prepared.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PKF International in February 2012.

General technical questions related to audit and accounting, there was no 2nd interview, English language is not very important .

no negotiations have been made

Trainee Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PKF International in December 2011.

Simple competency questions for example:
    -Why PKF?
    -What is ICAS?
    -What degree are you doing?
    -Why are you interested in audit and advisory?
    -Give use three examples of when you worked in a team.
    -Are you a good team leader?
    -What are your work experiences?
    -Describe your degree.

Audite Senior Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PKF International in September 2011.

Just get your CV submitted through some one in the firm. Doesn't really matter how experienced you are, they will ask you to start from scratch if this is your first job in Dubai.

Audit Junior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PKF International in August 2011.

great, very conversational and relaxing...they ask questions that may seems to require a yes or no response, however, you must elaborate

Senior Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PKF International in June 2010.

I was referred to the role through an employment agency. I had been listed with the agency a bit over the previous 20 or more years, so knew the recruiter quite well. As I knew the recruiter and knew the firm and some of the people, I was able to form a very accurate initial impression of the role that was on offer. If anything, once the initial contact was made by the recruiter, they did nothing - the person handling the recruitment for the firm knew me and I knew them, so after the initial contact, he and I did all the work, including arranging the interview times - a little bit unusual, but that can happen when roles come up via existing contacts.

Interview Questions
    • None really - had worked with the interviewer previously, so the interview was more of a catch up discussion and was not a very conventional interview. Difficult to give much that might assist others, beyond suggesting that there is value in maintaining a good network of colleagues and associates. One day, the contacts will become useful.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi West (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi West (Kenya)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PKF International in August 2009.

first heard of the interview through a friend and former intern at the firm. applied both online and by hand delivered letter to there offices. was called for an aptude test in the firms offices in westlands nairobi a few weeks later. on passing i was called for an interview. the interview is conducted by 2 senior staff- a partner and a manager. it is the first and final interview. was given a job offer after 2 days.

no negotiation

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PKF International in May 2008.

I was recruited out of the University of Houston. The purpose of on campus recruiting is to hire interns. Successful interns are then made full time offers for after they graduate.
    On campus interview consisted of a 20 minute interview with a Senior Manager & a Director (which is in effect a partner at PKF.)
    A few days later I was called to schedule an office visit.
    The night before the office visit you are invited to a dinner with several current employees. The actual office visit was an event that took most of the day. About 6 or 7 other candidates were interviewing that day. It started with a welcome coffee and breakfast session where a good number of current employees were present. They were all very friendly and engaging. After the welcome session, I went straight to interviews. I had three interviews, which were a half hour each with various directors or managers.
    After the interviews all of the candidates went out to lunch. I ended up sitting next to the president of the firm which was kind of nerve wracking.
    After lunch we came back and had several different sessions, one where the president talked about the history of the firm, and another where several employees came in and let us ask them whatever questions we wanted. The office visit ended around 3pm or so.
    I received a call and internship offer later that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • It was refreshing that I didn't receive any weird or out of the ordinary questions. The interviews mostly like a get to know you type thing. Half serious talk and the other half casual.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. Everyone gets the same salary offer. Take it or leave it. It was competitive though. It was about $1,000 less than big 4 firms, but considering that the parking is free, you come out ahead.