PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
Updated 23 Oct 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

Nearly all behavioral questions. I had a first round that was purely to check to see if I was a real person, followed by the superday which was a series of behavioral interviews. Emphasize the "tell me about yourself" and the "well what do you know/like about my group" area of questions.

Capital Markets Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I applied through my college career center. I received a first round interview where it was largely behavioral with some questions about financial statements and current events. I was invited to the super day the following week. There was a reception the night before where you got to meet and talk to some of the current PNC employees. The super day consisted of 4 interviews (2 on 1) with the different groups at PNC. Afterwards, if a specific group is interested in you, you will receive an email to continue with next steps.

Finance and Accounting Development Program Interview

First I went through a round of on campus interviews. After being selected for their Super Day, I went to a pre-interview day reception to network and learn more about the company. In the super day, I had three interviews. They were mostly behavior based questions and it was a lot of talking about your resume. Nothing was too challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Why is different about PNC's balance sheet or another financial services company's balance sheet compared to a regular industry company's balance sheet?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Filled online application, had a call for phone interview followed by group interview... Then i was selected among the lot to meet the branch manager at my closest location for another phase of interview. Their system was pretty smooth. You need to have a good understanding of banking products and sales. If you have previous banking industry experience, then you will be an Ideal Candidate for them!!

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge about banking , what have you done in selling banks products, how to handle difficult clients, a lot of questions so prepare very well!!!   Answer Question
    Basically you need to negotiate a little bit but don't stress so much!!!

Financial Advisor Interview

Be ready to role play a client scenario. Expect an objection and be ready to overcome it. Also be prepared for at least four interview. Two with the investment managers and two with bank side managers.

simple

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

had one phone interview were they asked very broad a basic questions about past work experiences and environments. Also asked what my future schedule was like and how I handled the work environment myself. After was told that I would have a personal interview in order to be offered the position.

ACCEL Program Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

Contacted through campus career office. Got accepted for the interview. Mostly behavioral questions about teamwork, leadership, past experience. Two people interviewed me at the same time. They take a lot of notes too. Show that you are good with people. Review every question you find here and have 5-6 canned stories. Also, send out the thank you email the same day.

Treasury Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

Super Day (second round) - For the development program, they bring all the candidates who pass the initial interview into Pittsburgh and send each one through 3 separate interviews - both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Operating Cycle? (seems pretty straightforward, but this is the basis for the TM group's business)   View Answer
    • How does Net Working Capital affect the Operating Cycle? (follow up to What is the Operating Cycle?)   View Answer

Teller Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

Summit and online application, received a call from HR two days later she ask a few questions in regards to my resume, took an online assessment and interview in person with the hiring manager 2 days later. The interview went well and very professional. I interviewed on a Friday and received a call on a Tuesday from the recruiter with an offer, i had to counter offer and then I received a call two days later with what I have asked. Next step is to take a drug test and finger printing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have to deal with an ethical situation? What was the situation? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question