PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Reception on Thursday, Superday on Friday. 3 interviews on Friday with a number of different people. Nothing crazy, just basic questions about why you want the position. The day was long though with a lot of breaks in between the interviews. Lot of candidates from the Pittsburgh area.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

I applied for a Teller position on 02/10/15 and received an email 02/11/15 saying they decided to go with other candidates. I have bank teller experience as well as other financial services experience, so it makes me wonder what PNC bases its recruitment decisions on. Is it that I'm over qualified? I believe saying that, is better than telling me I'm not the right fit without even giving me a chance in an interview.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Received a call for an interview 3+ weeks after an online application. Interviewed with the Recruiter who was very detailed. It was the typical STAR interview process. The next day, I was called in for another interview and met with the Regional Manager. I later completed a skills test online.

I waited about 20 minutes before I interviewed with him. He was in an interview with another young lady. As I met with him, he was documenting on the resume' of the previous interviewee as if he was not interested in me. However, the interview was STAR method as well.

Quantitative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

A short, easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview with 5 managers/employees. Lots of brain teasers, statistical/mathematical questions. Probability, time series modeling, linear regression, etc. People are nice but the questions are difficult.

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

i was called to interview then no response. no offer or decline. I tried to figure out what happen and then recruiter wouldn't call or even email me back. I finally gave up and accepted a different job offer.

Risk Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Process took about four weeks. Had a brief phone call with HR as a "sniff test", about 15 min. Then the next week I had a 45 min phone call with manager talking about the internship. This was mostly behavioral. I was invited to the super day in Pittsburgh for an all day series of interviews two weeks after my second phone call. This consisted of 5 separate 30 min interviews. There were different combinations of pairings. In between the interviews you were free to talk to current employees. super day was on a Friday, I got a call that Monday saying I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • How do you attack problems and what is your reasoning?   Answer Question

Institutional Bank Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

More of a conversation than anything, no technical questions and no really fit questions either. Just a conversation about resume and a lot of opportunity/time for questions. This was all first round. There was also a "co-host" who was a younger guy who spoke to me more informally before and after the interview.

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Long process, took about 3 months with 3 interviews with management from different levels. The whole process seemed like you need to be approved and liked in order to pass to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • They harp on salary expectations. Even ask for w2 in order to give an offer. Definitly consider what you may be giving up in order to take on this job   Answer Question
    ask for more, they always low ball you

Default Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Over all process took overall about 2 weeks. I applied and received a call within 2 days from the recruiter she set up an initial phone interview (on a Friday for me) on that call she set up a second phone interview which I received the following Monday. Later that week I received a call from the recruiter saying they were interested and wanted to set up the panel interview in person. I had that the following week. There are 3 interviewers normally a manager and two supervisors. This interview is a personality interview.. Very much like when you do a questionare on an app for different companies. After this I was called back and offered the position. I started at the best time for me.

Interview Questions
    There was none. I'm sure that can be worked out though.

Financial Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Was able to show proven track record of great customer service scores. I had only a phone interview. My branch manager from a previous employer was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to be doing in 10 years. Why do you want to work for PNC. Role Playing with a difficult customer. during the interview   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the base salary