PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

2.7

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The entire process was very easy. I flew to Raleigh for a two day "superday" interview. There was a networking event one night followed by three half hour interviews over the next morning. All behavioral questions. Just relax and be outgoing, and you should have no problem. PNC allows you to preference locations, but has a tendency to stick you anywhere in the country.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Took assessment online and then called for a phone interview. Wanted to do phone interview in my current employers break room. Odd. Did face to face interview lasted 75 minutes. Detailed questions concerning my current customer service position. Found some questions were not relevant for the job. Followed a printed form of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked many questions about difficult customer service issues.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First round Interview was on campus with two PNC employees, one local and one from the corporate office. Both were very nice and relaxed. Mostly asked you to elaborate certain points of your resume. They stressed geographic flexibility and that you would be willing to move around for training. Very easy going interview overall. Second round would be at corporate.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview...online assessment then second phone interview. Waited four days for the branch interview time as promised within one day and when they finally called me I had declined. Also, the pay is extremely poor. $11 an hour to work both teller and platform sides, and in NJ with the high tax rates they know better. My check wouldn't be near enough to pay rent of any kind and I have 10+ years experience.

Horrible pay offer. Like seriously they should be embarrassed. Recruiter not following thru with her own promised time of contact. I accepted a position with another company doing almost the same job but for almost twice the pay.

Financial Management Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The first interview was the most difficult for me. He asked probably 3 technical questions, the rest were behavioral. About two or three weeks later, I was offered a super day interview where I was interviewed by three professionals. It was a pretty structured behavioral interview. I was free to talk about myself AFTER they asked their list of questions. Mainly behavioral with one or two simple technical questions (Describe the three financial statements)

Interview Questions
    • What did you find surprising during your research of our company financials? Where could PNC improve?   Answer Question

Retail Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2014.

I found out about the position through my campus recruiting website. I submitted my resume and soon after got a phone call from a recruiter. We talked briefly and was then asked if I would like to come to Pittsburgh for the super day. I accepted and went to Pittsburgh about 2 weeks later. The interviews were mostly behavioral questions, which I was well prepared for after practicing for days. There were 2 30 minute back to back interviews. All the interviewers were extremely friendly and not at all intimidating.

No negotiation.

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2014.

Will call you to do a phone interview then send you a assessment to take as well as fill out important papers. Depending on area will contact you for group interview where there are approximately 12 people (lucky if they cancel.)
    The interview took about 5 hours max. First part hr representative asked everyone about 5 questions while the branch managers were in the back listening in. When the first part was over the hr called people the branch managers wanted and the rest were sent home.I personally was scared but glad in the end, when the 2nd interview was over. I was called the next day saying i had an offer by the HR as a heads up. Then the next day the branch manager herself called me to let me know. I was happy. And still am.

PS. PLEASE research about the company before going to an interview it will help.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2014.

I put a application in on Nov 20th. That Friday I did my assessment. After that I was called the following Friday for a phone interview. On the phone I was told to come in for the group interview. Which was that following Tuesday. Went in did the group interview and was told I would know something by the next day or following. Recieved a call the next day and accepted offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

2 interviews; first with the office manager, and the 2nd with both the office manager and the regional VP. Overall, it was not stressful. They were very welcoming.

Interview Questions
    There was none; there was a firm offer made if I was to accept the position and I accepted it.

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through school's career website. First round interview was entirely behavioral. It was very much a conversation rather than an interrogation. Interviewer explained that it is too difficult for them to give an internship to a sophomore because they try to turn their interns into full time employees. No technical questions were asked.