PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.7

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Holland, MI (US)).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call later that week that basically clarified my work availability. Another phone call the next week talking about work experience and basic interview a questions. Finally had an in person interview with the assistant branch manager. Then later that week with the branch manager. Got a call later that day from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating available. Was told my hours and pay rate.

Investment Services Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview wasn't too difficult. They asked typical questions and the interviewer was friendly. My only complaint was about the actual job posting was a little misleading. The role was totally customer service and you would be on the phone the entire day but you really didn't get that from the description.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was pretty easyy the questions were very easy. Had a phone interview then went into their building. Overall it was a very good interview. I am glad that I decided to go through this application process

Training Facilitator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Short personality assessment required to go with online application. Initial phone interview with potential manager then another phone interview with that person's manager (both were located remotely). PNC then chose 2 candidates to give a teaching presentation to a panel of potential co-workers, manager and two regional managers. A Q&A session followed the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give specific example of a situation you had to address when a co-worker would not do what you asked. How did you resolve the problem?   1 Answer

Salary offered was not in line with industry standards for this type of position

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth and punctual. The first and foremost was the phone interview, which lasted around 15 minutes. About a week later, I was called in for a one on one interview with the branch manager and approximately a week after that, I had my final interview which was with the district manager. Once I was done with the final interview, they offered me a position exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you overcame a difficulty/problem?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted for a brief phone interview from the HR person. She asked me about three behavioral questions before inviting me to a super day event happening in Pittsburgh. The super day was a two day process happening at the Westin Hotel. The first night was an informal marketing night. You had the opportunity to talk to executives and ask how they like PNC. The next day was a formal interview. It was three, twenty five minute interviews. These interviews were extremely relaxed. They were formatted like a conversation, each interviewer asked three questions each.

Risk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then on-site interview. First, HR did the phone screening and asked questions about the reason why are you leaving the current company. After the first step, a hiring manager did the phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

• briefly work through the project I have done and some technical skill when building statistical models.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Took a little under 2 weeks.
    Applied online and then an email was sent to me to complete a test
    I took a test
    Phone interview took just a couple of minutes
    Interview in my branch

Interview Questions

• Have you ever handled transactions?
      Any experience in sales?

Answer Question

Treasury Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Submitted my resume through the talent search. Was contacted by a campus recruiter and a week later had a phone interview. After my phone interview I was selected to go to super day.