Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014

1.8

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was looking for a job, and I happened to mention it to one of the cashiers who asked what I was up to that day, she immediately grabbed a manager, who sat down and discussed my background and previous experience. I was strongly encouraged to submit an application. I submitted the application --which consists of the typical application related questions, as well as a personality fit assessment. I followed up about four days later and was brought in for my first interview. The interview lasted about ten minutes, and the interviewer seemed really positive, scheduling my second interview for the following morning. I went in for the second interview, I spoke with an even higher level manager, the interview lasted about a minute before he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
  • Questions held an unexpectedly personal nature -- Questions about non work related hobbies, personality traits, and other personal information   Answer Question
If you've got some experience, push the pay scale range a little bit above what you want, (and think you actually deserve) and negotiate a lower deal, hopefully more than your minimum.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I went in one day and saw they had applications out. I took the time to fill it out in store while eating and when I was finished I brought the application to the manager. She reviewed it right there in front of me and asked if I had time for an interview on-spot. After the preliminary interview I was asked to come back in a week, where I was interviewed again and got the job. A week later I got my schedule and did a session at Planet Bread before I started working.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I got called in for an interview for a Panera Bread that was opening up near my home. When I got to the interview, 15 minutes early, the man who interviewed me was plain terrible. For starters, he didn't bother to get up to greet me, just called me over. And he didn't look ME in the eyes, despite the fact that I was looking at him the entire interview. He also rested his head on his hand and stared at his laptop for pretty much the entire interview. And to top it all off, he didn't tell me anything about the business, the position, or even where the store was being built because he hadn't bothered to find out. I got offered a position, and I turned it down. I wasn't at all impressed with this company based on how I was treated at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "How do cashiers go above and beyond"
      I answered this question with the basics, plus added some things that I thought of quickly, and the man wasn't impressed, instead kept asking over and over that same question until I told him that I can't think of anything else to add.
        Answer Question

I was treated very poorly and was very unimpressed.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I Applied online and received a call the next day.Two days later went in for an interview and was offered a drink.The interview was relaxed and laid back.I got hired on the spot.

Offered $8/hr

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I applied for the job two weeks before getting the call for the interview. I really enjoyed the interview, the managers were nice, and seemed really excited to have me there. They even offered me the job and told me that they would call me to let me know when orientation is.

Interview Questions
    I'm still working on it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ames, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

The manager was super rude. He definitely didn't care at all, I had an interview, and he wasn't nice at all. He never smiled, or anything. Never will I probably go back again.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

It went really well; the general manager took my interview and he said he would like to see me working there in the future. I was supposed to get a follow up call for the second interview but didn't. I called back a few days later and left a message, to see when I was supposed to come in next, but they did not reply back to my message.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2014.

It was fine. Not the best.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking how old I was. It was kind of insulting after repeatedly telling them.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Had one on one interview. Everything was very standard; tell me about yourself, previous work experience. We discussed training, projected start date and pay. Was told I would train in different areas and not to expect to full time work. I was offered the job and am awaiting to find when I will begin training.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2013.

Applied online which took about an hour to complete. After waiting about a week i received a call for an interview. Very casual. As soon as i told the worker i was there for an interview the manager greeted me nicely and offered a drink. I sat down with 1 of the 4 managers and it was around 92 degrees that day so it was uncomfortable being hot and nervous. Questions were very simple almost identical to a couple of the questions from online. The usual customer service questions. I was intimidated being that this was my first real job but the manager made me feel at home and we joked and so on. He told me to come in the very next day for an interview with the general manager. The second interview surprised me a little because i realized that anyone who made it past the first initial interview got the job. She basically went over everything from the first interview and maybe one or two additional questions. She had this folder in front of her and pulled out some papers and then started discussing pay rate, work apparel and any additional information that i had to be brought up on which amazed me at first because i was unaware that i just landed my first job. All in all it was a very friendly experience and i wish other interviews could go the same way. I don't work there anymore but we used to joke about all the time that the real reason she hired me was because i wore a pink polo which represents confidence in a man. Just a tip lol.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for panera?
      Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
        Answer Question

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!