Panera Bread

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2010.

Interview Details Lots great conversation during interview process, and very positive. There were 3 interviews, and I was told I would be a good fit.

Interview Question – What do you do to keep your people engaged?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was lower than normal for the amount of hours and travel

Vestal, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

Interview Details It was pretty informal, all in all they were both nice and asked very upfront questions.

Interview Question – Describe 2 things past employers would say about you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stated my requirements and they said that I was pretty much right in the range.

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2010.

Interview Details HR phone screening, 2 sit down interviews and Online tests

Negotiation Details – was able to negotiate 3,000 more

General Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2010.

Interview Details Was called the morning after I submitted my resume online to schedule an interview. Showed up about 10 minutes early, but had to wait almost 40 before the interviewer (HR rep) was ready. When we sat down he asked me a few "get to know you" questions about my interests and experience. He spent the next half hour talking to me about nothing but music and movies and did not ask any questions about my employment history. When I asked details about the position - what a typical day is like, where the location specifically would be (was for a new location opening), the expected average sales volume - he was unable to answer a single one of my questions.

Three weeks later I received a rejection letter by mail. I didn't feel the interview was very fair as it did not touch on any aspect of employment there or any of my employment experience. Extremely disappointed as most employees seemed happy to work for the company.

Interview Question – How do you know your employees always do their job properly.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread General Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.