Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.0

Day Baker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Quick, free drink offered, the review was over my professional ability, ease with others, communicating well, the customers can have very specific requests, the no jerks policy, dress code, computer use for their system, safety in the work place.

Interview Questions

• If I'm familiar with how a bakery runs, & can be quick & efficient.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

2-3 days in person after over the phone. I read a book on the table while waiting that told me everything to say as it was a history of the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a good quality and one you could work on   1 Answer
    • What skills have you used at other jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

First interview went well. This was my first interview for a job so we mainly talked about my hobbies, high school sports and availability. Average interview questions, then asked me to define 10 huge words that i've never used in my vocabulary. I didn't know where to start or how to define the worlds so I had to try and make stuff up.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I Filled Out The Application Online On A Friday, Got A Callback The Next Day, With An Interview The Following Week. Went In On The Day Of My Interview, Recieved Free Drink. I Had A Short, But Not Very Personable Interview. Got Asked Simple Questions, I.e Hours Wanting To Work, Age,etc. Hired, But Had To Obtain Food Handlers Card. Haven't Had Orientation Yet Due To My Interviewer Never Telling The General Manager That She Had Hired Me And Her Getting Fired.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Oklahoma City, OK (US)).

Interview

Time efficient, phone interview then a face to face interview, and then there was a tour or realistic preview to help the people and better experience of the atmosphere. The interviewers put a positive spin on things but definitely there are areas of improveing upon, but that is normal

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Was not hard at all, just be yourself. They ask very easy questions. How you are as a person and how you can make the company better. Most people get hired because it's not a hard job to do.

Interview Questions

• What is one good thing about you, you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (Murfreesboro, TN (US)).

Interview

I was called late on a Sunday night and asked to come in for an interview on a Thursday. I arrived 5 minutes early for my interview. I informed the cashier I was there for my interview and she walked in the back and returned seconds later saying I could take a seat as her manager would be out in a moment. I waited around for a good 10 to 15 minutes, watching the manager stand around and talk to her fellow employees for the majority of this time (note:I was the only person in the entire place minus two or three tables that had already been served). When she finally got around to meeting me, she could not have been more uninterested. I was polite and stood up, reaching my hand out to formally introduce myself. I received the most unenthusiastic excuse for a handshake in my entire life, but I kept up apperances. She quickly sat down and got right on with the interview, if you could even call it that. She asked me my past experience and my education history. I watched as she pretended to right down information. Then she proceeded with the only two interview questions she bothered asking: "When is an experience you had to handle a complication in the workplace?" and " Have you had an experience where you faced a difficult situation in the workplace?" It was the same questions worded differently. She then asked me to tell her about myself, and she paid no attention to my words, even looked away while I spoke to her. After I finished, she asked me how many hours I was looking for. I applied for a full-time position that was open as it was what I was needing. She informed me that it was actually only part-time and asked if I was still interested, which I was. Then she said that they would give me a call in a few days to set up a second interview with the GM. I thanked her and left. I never got a call. I wasted my time by even bothering to show up. She was uninterested in me before she even met me. I have never been to an interview where I was met with such rudeness. The least she could have done was acted interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• " Have you had an experience where you faced a difficult situation in the workplace?"   Answer Question

Assistant Managerpast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Panera Bread (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Interview was completed with regional manger, basic interview questions, simple in a café. Normal questions, background checks, reference checks. Very typical of a basic interview, was called a week later with an offer for a position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Hartford, CT (US)).

Interview

The Panera interview took place in person in the restaurant. The manager was very friendly as was the staff I met that day. I ultimately did not get the job because I was leaving to return to school.

Interview Questions

• Why I waned to work at Panera? What sets Panera apart? My strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I went into Panera bread while others were being interviewed in the lobby. A woman met me in the eating area and sat with me and asked questions and got to know me.