Panera Bread

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.0

Panera Bread Associate Interview

applied online got called 3 days later to come in for an interview it was set up for next week so waited a week. finally got there about 10 mins early and was kept waiting for almost an hour to be interviewed since the manager was "busy" she apologized and interview was easy

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

They send you to a location, and make you work for free for 4 hours as an interview. With no training they send you in to make sandwiches ect, help in the bakery side, dishes and cleaning dining room. No experience with company at all. District manager watches you the entire time.

Interview Questions
    You ask for more they say no. They don't negotiate

Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I went inside to check on my application status and a man came over to ask me some questions. He asked me if I had any previous experience and since it was my first job I had no experience. He asked how my memorization was and how I was with strangers. I answered that I was excellent with both.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe by worst qualities. I felt uncomfortable being asked that but I answered honestly.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

It was basic stuff. Nothing really hard.
    What is your version of "good" customer service. Then we just chatted about things in the news and other various things going on. No questions about the company

Interview Questions
    • How would you defuse a situation with an angry customer   Answer Question
    They told you what you made

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I applies on a Friday afternoon and received a call the following Sunday around noon from my future general manager. I applied for a store that was still under construction, so we held our meeting at a different Panera Bread outside of center city Philadelphia. The interview was casual and painless and took about fifteen minutes. Two weeks later, our store was completed and we started orientation. All hires were new and unacquainted with Panera, so we were given a group orientation titled "Planet Bread". This was our indoctrination into the company, and took several days. We did group activities and learned how to brew coffee, talk to guests, make food, move throughout the dining room, etc.

Cashier Interview

Interview wasn't too lengthy, was pretty much like your normal interview. They some general questions such as tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for the company. They also asked a lot of situational questions in regards to how you would act in certain situations that you may encounter. Overall a pretty easy and typical interview.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

After the long personality questionnaire, the interview itself was quick and easy. I was done in 10 minutes. I was offered a free drink and sat and waited for the interviewer. Interview was friendly and the questions were basic. I had an internship on my resume and was asked about that. I had no experience in food service and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Did you receive criticism at your internship? What was it?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in January 2015.

I applied online and within one day I received a call back from the General Manager who wanted to schedule an interview the next day or three days later. I chose the latter. The interview was held in a conference room with a lounge are, not the cafe. I arrived on time and the GM was with two other people and apologized for the mess on the table. My initial impression was that the GM was very friendly and this impression was maintained throughout the interview. I was seated in the lounge across from the GM and was asked general and basic questions to demonstrate who I am, if i am sociable, how my friends would describe me, what I knew about the company, why I wanted to work for them, my level of customer service experience, my ability to work in a team and fast paced environment and my one strength and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The questions were simple to answer. I found that the more I spoke, the less questions I was asked because the GM said I had already answered the questions she was going to ask me.   Answer Question
    I was offered the position on the spot and was asked by the GM who interviewed me if I was all right being paid the wage that was mentioned. I said I was and the GM said that I deserved a higher wage and raised it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online and 4 days later I got a phone call from the assistant manager to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview and a friendly cashier offered a free drink ad told me the manger will be right out a few minutes later. sat down and a few mins later he sat down with me and the process began. asked pretty basic questions until he started throwing definitions at me... Really? I stumbled on those and he seemed disinterested so I already knew I wasn't getting the job... He told me he had other people to interview and would get back to me at the end of that week.. two long weeks later, he called and left a voice message saying he would not be going through with my application and GOOD LUCK with finding a job...

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The interview questions were really basic and easy, nothing hard in my opinion ( very first interview). The only problem was the assistant manager wasn't very focused, she got up during the interview abruptly about 3 times. Besides that, I Got asked to come to a second interview with the general manager.