Party City

81 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR. The next step was an interview with the DM. He called about an hour later to interview with the Regional and Regional HR managers who happened to be in town visiting stores.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions about past experiences to determine your reaction to pressure situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not one offer was what I requested.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details The process seemed similar to other companies; a telephone interview with recruiter, then personal interview with DM and then phone interview with RM, background check process. The DM interview was good and detailed, including a walk of the sales floor together.

Interview Question – The most difficult for me was when asked about my weaknesses. It's always hard to define weaknesses in an interview.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Executive Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details You will need to be engrained in customer service. You will need to know what planograms are. You will need to know how to handle difficult situations.The last interview is done using a podcast on your computer.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation possible.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Hurst, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in June 2011.

Interview Details The first manager I worked under was Chris. He was quick with the interview due to it being busy when I arrived, but he asked me great questions that I knew would benefit him in hiring me. I knew how to upsell and have wonderful customer service. I learned within just that interview what he was looking for. I grew to be have perfect customer service skills/

Interview Question – None unless you count that the first time I heard the term "upsell" was during this interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations necessary aside from only being able to work afternoons and he started me at $8.00/hour

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Halloween Expert Interview

Seasonal Halloween Expert
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details applied online,got a phone call three days later.interview with one of the managers was easy and relaxed.spoke about school,availability,experience.received a call two days later to come in a sign paper work.it was a seasonal job so they were basically looking for extra help for Halloween.

Interview Question – none.mostly questions about availability and experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details they call u in for interview process tell company rules regulation offer you the job then u do a 3 day training for 4 hours then they put u on a regular schedule u also take these test on the computer of what u learned over the 3 day training process

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in October 2013.

Interview Details Really basic, "Why do you want to work here?" "When are you available?" questions. With the seasonal stuff, I assume if they call, you've already got the job and they're just ironing out the details of when you're available and stuff.

Interview Question – I think they asked what my weaknesses were but it's been a while so I'm not too terribly sure anymore   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a part time seasonal sales associate position. There's not a lot to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Matteson, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Party City in July 2013.

Interview Details I walked in and applied. I was told to come back in a few days for an interview. This was my first interview, so I was really nervous. The lady had to try to get answers out of me because I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't prep the night before.

Interview Question – If a customer is looking at birthday balloon, what do you do?   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Fridley, MN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in January 2011.

Interview Details Turn in application, get a call, interview.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions.   View Answer

Online Editor Interview

Online Editor
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in May 2010.

Interview Details After responding to an ad in the newspaper, I heard from a recruiter the next day. I was then connected with the hiring manager for a short phone interview. We next met for an interview with cocktails - which should have tipped me off that something was unusual. The interviewer did most of the talking and really was working to sell me on taking the job. The final step was speaking to the VP who ran the division. I arrived at the office on time and was kept waiting for about 30 minutes, when the receptionist told me to go shopping or something because she would be delayed another hour. This turned out to be indicative of the way they viewed employees and valued their time. When we finally met, she asked some thoughtful questions about how my previous work would transfer to this present position and wanted to hear examples of past problem solving. I next had to interview on the phone with a company co-president, since this was a new position key to launching a new vertical. It went well and after some back on forth on salary, they made an offer.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected, but having to talk to the company president was a bit unusual. It showed how very senior management got involved with every level of operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start high and be ready to come down a bit. They acted like they were unaware that the Bay Area was an expensive place to live.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!