Paychex

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
North Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Paychex in May 2014.

Interview Details I got an interview through a recruiter who secured it in about 3 days. The initial interview included a 1:1 with two different managers and a math test. The entire thing took about 2.5 hours and as soon as I was finished another interviewee was ready to go. The next step after passing the math test and two 1:1 was to meet with the CEO and do a short presentation. I declined before this meeting.

Interview Question – The math test overall was somewhat difficult. While it was simple algebra, having to force your brain into that mindset and then back to an interview situation was hard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I realized sales was not for me.

Territory Ready Representative Interview

Territory Ready Representative
Kent, WA (US)

Interviewed at Paychex

Interview Details My interview was set up by someone else the day before, with the District Sales Manager and they scheduled with him directly. I show up 15 minutes early, wait 15 minutes to learn he is in Bellevue and wont be able to make it. The kind receptionist apologized on his behalf and set up a phone interview where he would call me shortly instead. Having driven over an hour in traffic to learn this, I was not happy. But i needed a job and the company sounded like it had a good service/product with great potential, plus i was curious what the reason would be that he stood me up. He said the interview was not put on his schedule (it was scheduled with him directly one day prior). The interview was on his speaker phone and I could hardly understand him, he sounded irritated the few times I asked him to repeat himself. Also he seemed very distracted doing something else. It started with talking about high school, "soo what was high school like for you?", "were you captain of the ---- team?". Nearly all of his question would in no way determine if I could be a successful employee; "how did you pay for college?", "so you didn't work during school.... just in the summers?", "what was your high school gpa?", "what was your college gpa?". His responses and questions seemed very back handed and in a condescending tone, he didn't want to talk with me from start to finish. I never even got the chance, nor did he ask, to talk about my other much more relevant sales job experiences and ambitions. He asked about my high school job, and I got him talking about the company and the position a little bit. I was disgusted and angry with the process.

Interview Question – How did you pay for college?   View Answer

HRG Interview

HRG

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paychex in November 2010.

Interview Details Panel interview with senior HRG and Department Manager. Situation questions on customer service and peer relations. The knowledge test was over the phone prior to the face to face interview. Then the personality assessment was conducted online.

Interview Question – how to manage type A personalities and several competing demands   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little room for wage negotiations

Holds Specialist Interview

Holds Specialist

Interviewed at Paychex

Interview Details The hiring process was very quick and easy. I was hired the day after the inrlterview process. However, the questions asked in the interview process were tougher. I really didn't know how to answer some if the crazy questions they asked me. I was at a loss for words. But I stayed composed and gave my best answers.

Interview Question – Do you know why a storm drain is circular and not square   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Rochester, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Paychex in June 2014.

Interview Details Met with 2 hiring managers and both were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable through the process. Gave feedback throughout the process. Had 2 interview dates both 1 hour each

Interview Question – Asked worked example questions which make you think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was very happy with offer

Implementation Specialist I Interview

Implementation Specialist I

I interviewed at Paychex in July 2011.

Interview Details First there is a personality test and a math test. One phone interview and three interviews in person. When I started I was applying for a job as a Payroll Specialist and they made it very clear that the job is very stressful, so much of the interview is focused on your ability to handle stress at work.

Interview Question – During the final interview with the branch manager, he read me the results of my personality test and asked me to speak to whether or not I agreed with the results. He pulled a word that had defined me in the results and asked me to speak about how I felt that word applied to me.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Hauppauge, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details I applied online on Indeed.com. I heard back from Paychex and said they were very interested in me and would like to move me onto my second part of the application. Which was the assessment test. I completed it on June 3, 2014. Does anyone know or have experienced this, and how long did it take for the company to reach back out to you? Thank you

Interview Question – Does anyone have any info on this? Or is anyone experiencing or have experienced this?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details After being contacted by a recruiter, I did a phone interview with her, then some online tests. One was the basic personality test, the other was more in-depth about time management. Then we did a phone interview with the hiring manager and a drug test. Next I did a ride-along with a current sales rep and we did one final interview with the hiring manager and her manager. The hiring decision was made a few days later.

Interview Question – What is the hardest business decision you've ever made?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation to base salary, but there were additional stipends for gas and other expenses.

Very Difficult Interview

Paychex Sales Consultant Major Market Sales Interview

Paychex Sales Consultant Major Market Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Paychex in April 2014.

Interview Details Recruiter calls to set up interview over phone. Then you interview again with the recruiter. Then you take a skills test/personality which is pass or fail... Then you have a phone interview with a District Sales Manager. Then you go in person to meet with the District Sales Manager.

Interview Question – Skills online test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was standard, no negotiation. Excellent earning potential! Great benefits!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Paychex in June 2012.

Interview Details Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Two phone interviews with recruiter with a one week wait to hear back for 1:1 interview. I was initially interviewed by 2 other admin assistants before I was interviewed by my future boss.. Took over 2 weeks to hear back and be offered a position due to manager being too busy to respond to recruiter. That should have been a red flag for how difficult he would be as a boss.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness. This is a tired an unnecessary interview question and doesn't positively reflect anyone's skill set.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I tried for a higher hourly wage based on my experience and was told that was the high end for my level of experience.

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!